Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » So, what seems to be the problem? (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: So, what seems to be the problem?
Kellifer
a beautiful, sensitive impenetrable mind.
 - posted      Profile for Kellifer           Edit/Delete Post 
As I said in my first post, (which Darryn kindly tidied up for me - Thanks Gunvnor.) Most women are fine on the pill. It is just that those who are negatively affected, are hit really hard with some horrible side effects.

It doesn't even seem to be genetic from my own experience, as my Mum was on Microgynon and had no problems with it, past a bit of PMT increase and wanting to kill my Dad a bit more; but then that's understandable if you'd met him. My Nan was on the pill fine for years too. My advice is just to watch how you feel closely, anything wierd and keep it in mind that it could be the pill to blame.

About the weight gain - I was overweight when I started it, as I settled into the hormone changes I was eating more because I was unknowingly at the time getting more depressed. I found that once I was governed by the synthetic hormones, it was near impossible to lose the weight. My hair and nails didn't grow as well as pre-pill either.

Having read a lot about serotonin and its connection to the pill recently, I think it is more due to its depletion that my body tells me to eat carbs, when I'm not even hungry as it is desparately trying to produce more happy beans for my brain. That and I like cakes of course. [Wink]

--------------------
Oh when I was in love with you, then I was clean and brave.

Satine
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Satine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
No, sorry the only contraceptive I can think of that is song related is to the tune of the Um Bongo advert.

Then clearly you've never heard the Coco Pops song:

My name's Coco and I live in a tree,
I sell condoms for 25p.
25p, 25 bob,
It all depends on the size of your knob.

--------------------
May I recommend the donkey in the bus shelter with a baseball bat?

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
that doesn't even work with the music! [Mad]

well it kind of does. Apart from the last lines.

it should be "25p OR 25 bob"

and then maybe "AND it all depends on the size of you knob". Although that doesn't work, because the last line is explaining the reason for the price difference, so AND isn't really appropriate. You could fit 'BECAUSE' in there, so

25p or 25 bob,
because it all depends on the size of your knob

That's not great either.

[ 02.03.2006, 08:44: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
You should listen to Benway. When it comes to monkey related rythms, he's your man.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
25 Bob for a rubber johnny ! - That's £1.25

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Satine
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
that doesn't even work with the music!

Are we thinking of the same tune? The old Coco Pops tune from the 80's or something.

[crappy explanation]You know what I mean![/crappy explanation]

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
25 Bob for a rubber johnny ! - That's £1.25

I was in a corner shop in Manor House and a girl walked in, walked up to the counter and said 'one condom please' and I said 'do they sell them in singles?' as the guy behind the counter produced a condom and rang up a £1.00 through the till which she happily tossed over at him. The girl turned around, sang a 6 second soul soundbyte straight into my face and nearly skipped out. The guy behind the counter said 'she needs it, s....she needs it for work, you know?' with a sad expression on his face.

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, sorry I’m late. I was on holiday.

I have been on Femodene and then the Depo injection for years with no problems at all, but now I no longer have access to The Cock I might quit and see if I turn into some super-happy robo-woman with high functioning nipples.

Only that would mean missing an injection just before I go on holiday for 3 weeks...Is there likely to be any withdrawal madness?

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Boyz of the forum - Abby of the high sexiest femme rating would appear to be single and lookin for some lovin' - is that correct, Abby of the high sexiest femme rating?

ETA: soz. not intended to be nasty.

[ 07.03.2006, 08:14: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
I'm told Abby is so hot you could fry and egg on her stomach. However I have not seen her. I'd like to think she's as hott as I'm told but unless she sends me a picture I'll never know.

Naked and buttered would be a good start.

[Wink]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all of you for giving Thorn some extra wind-up fuel. He can now arch an eyebrow and say, "you didn't use to say things like that. Are you feeling...funny?" And will no doubt be able to say things like, "didn't you use to fit into that skirt?"

And Abby, you've quit "a cock" not The Cock, surely?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
who is "The Cock"?
New Way Of Decay

Have you got the cock?
 -
Girl I'm dying to be supplying some shake in your world

[ 07.03.2006, 09:01: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
Oo err, you can see what she had for breakfast.

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
quote:
And Abby, you've quit "a cock" not The Cock, surely?
Ah yes I suppose so. Anyway, answer the question dudes!

I don't have access to any acceptable photos on this PC - I only come out in black & white.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
Growler - Pooh's inspiration
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
[QUOTE]
I don't have access to any acceptable photos on this PC - I only come out in black & white.

buttered ? I can wait.

--------------------

Kellifer
Interesting article about Depo Provera, illustrating some hormonal contraceptive side effects.

Men on Depo.

--------------------

Toilet Duck
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Toilet Duck           Edit/Delete Post 
I was so baffled as to why I was reading an essay on sex crimes for a while there.

I think it's unfair that they think sex offenders have paid their debt to society by spending some time in jail, and therefore shouldn't have to suffer the depo-provera. As far as I'm aware, I haven't done too much to offend society and have more than paid back any debt I owe in volunteer work. Yet I have to put up with depo-provera, unless I want to get pregnant now or have a hysterectomy so that I can never get pregnant. Yay.

--------------------
El Pollo Diablo

Vogon Poetess

Last night I was listening to Alice In Chains and moaning to my diary about boys. Is this how it begins?

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Kellifer
Well before the pill I used to write the odd page or two in my diary every couple of days. Once I started the Microgynon I spent most of every evening writing diary nonsense and feeling down on life. I filled one notebook in about a year pre-pill, it was therefore a big upgrade on misery to fill six in 18 months.

--------------------

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poetess:
Last night I was listening to Alice In Chains and moaning to my diary about boys. Is this how it begins?

Have a quick twiddle with your nipples and see how that feels.
Satine
TMO Member
Fuck's sake.

Look - I know nobody on here knows me that well so what I'm about to write may sound like self-indulgent shit, but I'm going to write this somewhere because it's going around in my head, alright?

For the last few days I've felt like I'm drifting apart from my partner, that somehow we're not as close as we were. In this job I spend far more time travelling so I'm spending less time with him and I'm tired earlier in the evening. But I'm not sure that's what it is. He still shows me affection and loves me, I still feel a lot of love for him, but I've somehow felt really flat these last couple of days.

I can't wait to get off the pill and see if it's the cause of this. I don't know if it is or not. [Frown]

--------------------

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
If you suspect it might be, and given the grim stories from other people is it really worth keeping taking it for a 'few more months', why not just stop now?
Vogon Poetess

quote:
Originally posted by Louche:
Have a quick twiddle with your nipples and see how that feels.

They're definitely still there, and I had a filthy thought earlier, involving a man.

It did make me think though, I mean Alice In Chains?

--------------------

Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
The guy behind the counter said 'she needs it, s....she needs it for work, you know?' with a sad expression on his face.

Yeah. Those balloon modellers depress me, too.

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Monkey Dishwasher:
For the last few days I've felt like I'm drifting apart from my partner, that somehow we're not as close as we were. In this job I spend far more time travelling so I'm spending less time with him and I'm tired earlier in the evening. But I'm not sure that's what it is. He still shows me affection and loves me, I still feel a lot of love for him, but I've somehow felt really flat these last couple of days.

This suspect this is brainrot. Navel gazing is for losers. Have a rethink about what it is you're suggesting. You're drifting apart because your work involves travelling? You're more tired than usual so it puts a strain on your loved one? It's like when people say 'the distance killed it' NO. If people want something, they work at it. Isn't it about time us hue min beens stopped making excuses for our own apathy.

subtext: get off the pill and see how you feel.

--------------------

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
PMD, why do you suspect that this is the pill which is doing this to you rather than other factors in your life and/or relationship?

--------------------
uberwench

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
interesting...

--------------------
uberwench

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
Right, I am totally going to not have my injection, but if I go mental it is YOUR FAULT. All of you.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
If you shag someone who is fitted with a coil, and you 'go deep', you can feel its whiskery piano wires tickling your bell, like the barbels of a bottom feeder searching for worms.

It's not as sexy as it sounds.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
It doesn't sound that sexy.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
It deosnt't sound at all sexy. And, believe me, it's still worse than it sounds.

[ 10.03.2006, 09:15: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
Abby, I've only been posting occasionally so am rather out of the loop, but why exactly are you not having your injection? I mean, apart from absence of a regular cocking which I gather from above posts. Have you had any issues with your injections, any other reasons for concern, or were you thinking of coming off anyway?

I don't want to downplay anyone's bad experiences of FemDeath 3000 (including my own) and related synthetic hormone contraceptives but I feel that someone should just inject (sorry) a bit more of a balanced view here.

Remember when there was that big THE PILL GIVES YOU THROMBOSIS scare about 8 or 9 years ago? Millions of ladies stopped taking their pill overnight and as a result loads got pregnant and then had to deal with an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy and all the choices that ensues. Many more women got pregnant than ever would have suffered the side effects of thrombosis but the media had created such a hype about it that it span out of control.

It sounds like Kellifer and others have had a helluva time with their past contraception and thankfully these seem to be mostly resolved now but lets not create more out of this than necessary.

--------------------
uberwench

Satine
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:
PMD, why do you suspect that this is the pill which is doing this to you rather than other factors in your life and/or relationship?

Because every aspect I can think of in my life is great at the moment: I'm in a highly paid job that I enjoy, we are both looking for a new flat, I'm going to dance classes that I love, my partner is my best friend and has been for years...

This feeling of something not being right started more or less when I started this job. Perhaps it's even the 'everything's going to right it's bound to go wrong soon, so I should expect it' thing. If it is then that's mad; if I could isolate that that's what it was then, great, I can deal with that.

I hadn't even entertained the idea that the pill might be causing me any depression at all, although for years I've had a minor 'down' feeling that seems to come and go, despite my being a positive kind of person. But when several of the ladies on here said that it caused them depression, and furthermore when Louche pointed out that the onset of Microgynon depression can be slow enough for you to not notice it at first, I wondered if that might be it.

I think it's a combination of these two things. I still feel there's no point in switching to another pill, but perhaps going on to condoms might be better for the short time remaining.

I'll think about it...

Thanks everyone for this talk, I have some answers to think about here.

[ 10.03.2006, 09:19: Message edited by: Purple Monkey Dishwasher ]

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+