email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » Roygate (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Roygate
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by omikin:
your "best before" label reads june 02, mask.

Hold on... kovacs?

--------------------
sweet

omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he wishes...

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I somehow doubt that...
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Roy break omikin's face, too?
Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we're going to throw insults around, it's probably best to be very straight-forward about this.

Kovacs, you're a prick. A fucking obnoxious prick. I don't think I've ever met a junkie, wife-beater, townie thug or politician I view with more distaste. Your behaviour to those you perceive as less able to argue than you is disgusting and vindictive, you hold grudges and are a bully.

The fact that apparently pleasant people such as omikin, Modge and ben think something of you is the only glimmer of salvation that seems to hang around you.

Notwithstanding, you are quite obviously intelligent and can be interesting and amusing, so, you know. I'll miss that.

In terms of the punching incident, apart from the fact that you don't seem to see that it was all your own stupid fault, it seemed to have one redeeming feature. I don't think anyone deserves to get punched, not even you - although I am still astounded that it hadn't happened before - but perhaps you could see it as a sign to be not quite such a penis?

Modge
Too cool to post
 - posted      Profile for Modge           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carter:
In terms of the punching incident, apart from the fact that you don't seem to see that it was all your own stupid fault,

How, exactly?
Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm. By deciding to have a fight? What did he think was going to happen - he was going to win? Break Roy's face?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Modge:
I feel slightly uncomfortable discussing Roy when he has left the boards probably mainly because of me, but if there are things that people are unclear about I will be happy to try to answer any questions if it only leads to this whole situation being more resolved.

Just one from me in the event the characters are real: Did you circulate the email because you wanted to start posting on TMO again and couldn't knowing Roy was here or because Roy was seemingly well liked despite knowing 'the truth'?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong login?

Who's posting now?

Can Roy post?

Is Roy with us? Are you there Roy? I sense you in the room...

He says he's with an older gentleman... a gentleman with thick black hair... his name begins with an 'E'... does that sound familiar to anyone?

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE SCRAMBLE!

--------------------

Modge
Too cool to post
quote:
Originally posted by Carter:
Erm. By deciding to have a fight? What did he think was going to happen - he was going to win? Break Roy's face?

Well I wasn't there but I don't believe it was "deciding to have a fight", more drunkenly discussing kickboxing moves. A mistake, admittedly but the blame is 50:50 on that one.

NWOD: I emailed the people from TMO with whom I have an off-board relationship because I felt increasingly uncomfortable that they were interacting with Roy without knowing the full truth. It was mostly because I felt that if they found out at a later point they would have been angry/disappointed not to have known sooner. And yes, I felt uncomfortable/unable to be around TMO while Roy was here, but as I've said before I don't believe I literally have more claim to the forum than him, other than that I've been here longer.

omikin
it's so good to see the sharpest brains on the board involved in such an elevating discussion. bravo, everyone, bravo.

*claps hands*

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yay! this is a great thread idea! let's all discuss it! there is so much wisdom to be gained!

quote:

quote:
he wishes...

quote:
it's so good to see the sharpest brains on the board involved in such an elevating discussion.

Isn't it just?
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Omikin (not that I'm including myself in the sharp-brained category), but it is obviously of interest and intrigue to many, and just because you know 'the truth', or feel it beneath yourself to discuss it, or feel awkward because you're friends with Kovacs, doesn't make it any less so.
Modge
Too cool to post
it might be of "interest and intrigue" but noone's discussing it here, really.
Black Mask

Maybe the truth, the true, true, true truth, is too horrible for words. Maybe there's a scandal involved. What could be so vile, so terrible, that certain highly placed individuals on the board wanted it hushed up?

WHAT COULD IT BE!?

--------------------
sweet

omikin
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
yay! this is a great thread idea! let's all discuss it! there is so much wisdom to be gained!

quote:

quote:
he wishes...

quote:
it's so good to see the sharpest brains on the board involved in such an elevating discussion.

Isn't it just?

i've never claimed to be a great contributor to these boards. most of my posts are one line responses to other people's posts, so in that sense i'm more of a parasite. there's just a lot of occupying of moral high ground here by people claiming to be interested in "teh truth" but actually just wanting to snipe at kovacs as they're still obviously smarting from barbs made by him in the past.

just my opinion. i don't think if it was someone else from the boards this had happened to that i'd be interested in bringing the subject up again to be debated over in a spiteful manner, that's all.

[ 25.04.2006, 10:45: Message edited by: omikin ]

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

Black Mask

Maybe kovacs is a Royal...

--------------------
sweet

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it worth discussion.
two blokes, get drunk, get a bit rowdy, one hits the other. hard.
some time passes. another invitation. rowdyness starts again, someone almost gets hurt. they don't.

we find out later.

compare with:
two blokes get very drunk.person a shags someone person b fancied. a gets guilty and think that drinking all day with b would be a good thing to do. it gets pyschotic. b gets kitchen knives out and asks a to stab him. or punch him. it happens eventually. b gets slashed in the shoulder and knocked out twice.
a rings friends to help out.

a then writes about it.

Black Mask

Maybe Roy's a... wait a minute.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

It's always got to be about you, hasn't it?

--------------------
sweet

doc d
late to the party
whats the point of discussing it or trying to find out "the truth"?
don't you think that both parties (R+K) would rather that this was forgotten about? don't you think they both think its stupid? and that the best thing to do is have them both back?
however they should be aware that there will be jokes. thats what happens. it was stupid and therefore its going to get mocked.

Modge
Too cool to post
quote:
Originally posted by doc d:

however they should be aware that there will be jokes. thats what happens. it was stupid and therefore its going to get mocked.

That might be fine if thats all that had happened. I don't know quite how to write this without sounding melodramatic but Roy being in my house in an absolute rage threatening violence and me having to calm him down and make him leave is one of the scariest experiences I've had and so doesn't quite match up to the derogatory humour of TMO.
doc d
late to the party
ok, the situation i described is one of the scariest things i've ever had.

within a week, my mates were all singing bizarre inc "playing with knives" at the pair of us.

Online Poker
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Online Poker           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Won't somebody think of the children?

--------------------
A Division of VOP Enterprises

Modge
Too cool to post
well thats fine for you doc d. I bet none of them were going "oh but did it really happen though? I dont think it happened, why are you making it up, I dont think your friend exists and if he does then you deserved it anyway cos youre a cock".
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fair point, really.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

doc d
late to the party
no.
they told us we were a pair of cocks though.

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
fair point, really.

Yeah. It'd be fair point if you'd done nothing to obtain a reputation like that. You know, as a liar and a cock.

--------------------

omikin
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Yeah. It'd be fair point if you'd done nothing to obtain a reputation like that. You know, as a liar and a cock.

got a bit of an axe to grind, have you?

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

Black Mask

What's happened to my lovely thread?

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though to be fair Mikee MODGE hasn't, although I'd expect the next arguement to be 'Kovacs could be using the Modge logon' which could only be proven by checking the IP numbers of the posts made by Kovacs and then checking the IP numbers of the posts made by Modge AND that would only prove anything if they were in different locations and not sitting behind PC's on the same home network and thusly showing TMO the same IP address.

So, to be fair, MODGE hasn't done anything cock-a-like or, to my knowledge, lied.

[ 25.04.2006, 11:35: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

New Way Of Decay

quote:
[QUOTE]got a bit of an axe to grind, have you?

Not as much as a chance to come true glory boy.

--------------------

omikin
are your hands trembling as you post, nwod?

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are, but I think it's the old Parkinson's acting up again.

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+