Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 119)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like games
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them too, but sometimes I worry about looking back on my life when I'm older and realising I spent a lot of my free time playing games and maybe should have been doing something else. But then I counter that with your 'pain of life' comment that you made several months, or possibly years ago, possibly in reply to ralph.

Anyhow, the other day I played COD online then streamed Hurt Locker direct through the xbox - I've not watched movies on there before, I was well impressed, playback started immediately. I was watching on the lower resolution setting via wireless adapter and wireless G modem router and it didn't stutter once. Quality was perfectly fine too on my 32" screen.

Hurt Locker was pretty good too. Light on story, but a very realistic portrayal of the tense situations for troops working in iraq which I found quite fascinating.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really play games much any more, as I have better things to do with my life than veg out in front of a flickering screen like some fat, teenage, American zombie.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People will be excited to hear that I earned 160 Gamer points on Tiger Woods before work this morning. It was tough as Tiger woods is a big gimp who got a hole in one and two chip in eagles from bunkers during the 18 holes, but I managed to equal him to drag it to sudden death and on the first hole of sudden death we both got a birdie and for some reason it gave me the achievement.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent £15 getting that Avatar game so I could get the easy 1000 points it offers. I feel so ashamed of myself.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I spent £15 getting that Avatar game so I could get the easy 1000 points it offers. I feel so ashamed of myself.

lolol Beefhe@rt said 'look, Ringo's playing Avatar cos he wants to get 1000MS points easily. Pathetic' and I gave him a big rant about how he shouldn't just assume people all want to play the same games and here you are, confessional to your crime.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

The worst thing is I can't even get the last 300...
Ringo

I suspect at this very minute Thorn will be going through old posts looking for the one where I rant about people buying shit games just to get the points from them.

I'm such a sellout.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember that.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good game of Halo the other day. I think Tilde was probably in tears at quite how pathetic Benway and I were. Really sorry about that Tilde. I'll be better next time, I promise.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Played 30 minutes of Rock Band over the weekend, just because there were a couple of tracks I wanted to listen to that i don't have on CD. Other than that, I didn't play any computer games this weekend, as I believe it's better to - you know - live a real life then twitch away on the sofa pretending to be en elf in stupid magic fantasy land.
Ringo

Yeah that sounded pretty intense. Glad I didn't join in with that one. Benway sounded very stressed.

While you were doing that, I was completing a playthrough of Mass Effect so I'm now in a position to start with Mass Effect 2, which is pretty exciting.

In the meantime, I bought 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PS3 at the weekend. Anyone interested in reading my thoughts can do so on the controllerthrow discussion pages.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
We're putting in an improved offer on a house today so hopefully that will be accepted and we'll move in a couple of months and then I can buy a big HD:TV and will actually be able to play Mass Effect which would be pretty exciting.
Ringo

Do you not have a HD screen now then?

I got really annoyed the other day at Eurosport. They were covering an endurance GT race but all the race timing graphics were obviously done for their Eurosport HD channel, so were impossible to read on a standard definition broadcast. We don't have Sky HD so I couldn't read who was in what position or the split times. Very frustrating.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
No, we've got a 32" panasonic CRT which is great for a CRT but the fucking thing refuses to break so I can't replace it really as it is a great quality picture, but it does mean that games like Mass Effect or Sacred are impossible to play as you can't read the text.
Ringo

It would be a real shame if something happened to it and you had to claim a replacement on your house insurance. Just saying, like.

Let me know when you want Mass Effect back. I've still got plenty of achievements I can work towards in the meantime.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a 42" plasma, and I find the text on the phone in GTA IV is still too small to read. It's not like I have a particularly big room or anything. Maybe it's time for an eye test...
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I had no problems at all reading the text on GTAIV on my 32" CRT.

A nice idea Ringo, but I don't have any insurance so basically I'd just be breaking my TV for no apparent reason.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other gaming news - I'd like to play Alan Wake, but I don't have an xbox 360. Would someone like to lend me one? Or is it possible to rent a console?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
It sounds like Thorn doesn't need his any more so you could probably just go round his house when he's at work and take it and he probably won't notice.
Ringo

I think Gamestation are doing a deal at the moment where you can bring in your old cash and exchange it for a brand new Xbox 360. They have details on their website if you're interested.

I've found that since I've been playing a lot of Xbox games, I feel a bit frustrated playing games on the PS3 since I don't get the achievement points added to my gamer profile on Xbox Live. Sure you get trophies but like, who cares?

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I think Gamestation are doing a deal at the moment where you can bring in your old cash and exchange it for a brand new Xbox 360.

I need my old cash for other purposes.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm a bit annoyed about achievements as I have become an achievement whore and I would love to play things like Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii but I'm a bit "What's the point, nobody can see that I've played it and completed it"
Ringo

I do find that I get a disproportionate amount of satisfaction when I get a high points value achievement and see my total score slowly increase.
MiscellaneousFiles

Why don't you get a big list of these achievements tattooed onto your arms? You could even add the names of Nintendo titles you've completed. That way, you could wander around Hove in a singlet impressing literally everyone you pass.

[ 17.05.2010, 06:32: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Ringo

Sounds like somebody's got Xbox envy
MiscellaneousFiles

Heh.

I think I'll pick up a cheap second hand one, play Alan Wake and maybe the Mass Effects and then stick it all back on eBay.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
It sounds like Thorn doesn't need his any more so you could probably just go round his house when he's at work and take it and he probably won't notice.

Alice likes it. She's at about the right age for computer games.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Am I right in thinking that it is only the 360 Elite that has HD output? If so, I'm going to have to buy a new Xbox at some stage.
Thorn Davis

No, that's not correct. It's only the Elite that has HDMI. The standard one outputs in HD via component, or you can get a VGA cable. It's all very confusing, especially when you factor that most games only run in 720p anyway.

In summary, then:

You don't need a new Xbox.

Ringo

I thought it was just the older xboxes that didn't have hdmi, and now all of them came with it? Seems like a weird feature not to have.
MiscellaneousFiles

Do you have to put batteries in the gamepads?
Thorn Davis

quote:
I thought it was just the older xboxes that didn't have hdmi, and now all of them came with it? Seems like a weird feature not to have.

Maybe, actually. My Xbox is about four years old now, so who the fuck knows. I use the component cable anyway, as the TV's HDMI slot is taken up by the DVD player.

[ 17.05.2010, 06:49: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Do you have to put batteries in the gamepads?

You can use AA batteries or you can get a power pack which you can charge with a USB cable that links the controller to the console.

There are a lot of features you have to pay extra for that you get as standard on the PS3, this is true.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Good game of Halo the other day. I think Tilde was probably in tears at quite how pathetic Benway and I were. Really sorry about that Tilde. I'll be better next time, I promise.

Nah, I was enjoying it... trouble was we got pitched against some teams who were very good, I was happy enough as I was concentrating on really trying to stick together as a team and getting some kills. I think Benway was the one who couldn't take the pain. Although obviously I couldn't communicate any of this as my headset was broke and I had to resort to Stephen Hawking style text messages to try and rally the team between games.

Never mind, I got a new Viper headset through today. Although after a quick test my first impressions are that it makes my voice sound stupid. I've experimented with the following voices: enthusiastic, tired gamer, quiet and a bit depressed, slightly middle class, a bit higher pitched and menacing growl.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+