Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 15)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is an exact replica of the arcade. Four player is pretty awesome.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thorn, Microsoft got back to me and said that they hadn't even seen any pending friend requests for me! I told them that there was obviously a problem with their system, and they'll email me again tomorrow after having a closer look.
Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Okami. It is very Zelda-like, the 'celestial brush' control system is thrillingly innovative, it looks fabulous, and is immersive and compulsive. I'm not far in, but I'd say it's easily one of the best games out on the PS2.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I just played oblivion again. 1 more achievement. Game lasts for fucking ever.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome. Street Fighter Turbo and Final Fight coming to the virtual console.
Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get my fucking Wii to work with the fucking wireless internet. I set it all up, keyed in my WEP and all the rest of it, tested the connection and it says "Yeah, fuckface, you got a connection", (not word for word, but that's the gist). It even downloaded a couple of updates (useless, mainly). Then when I try and go into the Wii channels it does wheeling spastic arms and tells me I need to agree to the agreement. So I go into the agreement and I'm all like, "yeah, bitch let's get Connect24 on the go" and it says "Connect24 services not being offered at this time, lol". WHAT THE FUCK! Why is everyone else being offered it and not me? Fucking c**ts.

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the exact same problem and I fixed it.
Nathan Bleak
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are such a motherfucker.

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Yeah. The thing is I can't remember how I fixed it so I'm having a quick google. It was something to do with changing the settings on the wireless router I think.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Ah. I set the router channel to 1. Lots of sites said it has to be set to 1 or 11 to work. Try that.
Nathan Bleak
Cheer for coming back on that. I tried setting the router to channel 1. It didn't get the Wii working but it did stop wireless internet from working at all, on any device in the house.

--------------------

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't set up my wireless Wii thing either, but mostly because I'm a lazy luddite.

I got The Godfather for Wii this week. Extorting folk is indeed great fun with the Wii controls.
I just managed to start a gang war in the process of taking over the Tattaglias warehouse in Little Italy.

God I want GTA to come out for the Wii now though.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
Cheer for coming back on that. I tried setting the router to channel 1. It didn't get the Wii working but it did stop wireless internet from working at all, on any device in the house.

Nice. I'm glad to have helped. My entire wireless appears to have died as well which meant i got up early this morning for my pre-work wank and found myself sorely disappointed.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone I've ever met who has a wireless Internet connection seems to have suffered from occasional problems at best, and everyday frustration at worst. Also I believe that in most cases it's a fair bit slower and less secure than a conventional wired network.

Is it really worth all this hassle just for the sake of getting rid of a network cable or two? I have to say I'm more tempted to upgrade to a wired gigabit network than to go wireless.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
My Wii is about 8 metres from my computer as the crow flies so to take a wire all around the wall would be a hassle as it would also have to go around the fireplace and I'd probably need like a 14 metre cable which I don't really want to do.

Today is the first time that I've had any problem with my internet for about 8 months so I definitely think it's worth it. Also I believe it may be a problem with the USB port on the front of my computer as I unplugged the modem when it wasn't working and plugged in my ipod and that actually took a bit of jiggling about to get it to sync with itunes.

Nathan Bleak
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Is it really worth all this hassle

Fucking hell, no. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I thought it would be simple, but no.

Having said, the connection between the PC and the internet was working fine all last week (er, the longest ever) and very fast, and it's only cuz I swapped the channels over that it stopped working. But it took a lot of hassle to get there, and mostly it's been frustration and tears.

It's not really a question of an extra cable or two, though - the phone line comes into the house in the bedroom on the first floor. The games consoles are on the ground floor and the PC is in the loft, so wireless seemed like the obvious way to go.

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wireless connection is usually pretty fucking sweet, but I think my router may be dying as it keeps on going 'meh' at me and I have to go downstairs and power it off and on.

The reason I wanted wireless: broadband (cable) connection is to study at back of house on ground floor, I wanted to be able to laze on the sofa at the front of the house on the first floor and surf the web at the same time.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Virtual Console is mega shit compared to xbox live arcade. The only reason to do the connect24 thing is to get the browser, for youtube on the tv sweetness.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess if you do laptops, it's more worthwhile.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
and I've mostly been playing Puzzle Quest this week. Addictive.
Nathan Bleak
I haven't tried XboxLive yet. I don't want to shell out £60 for a wireless bridge only for it to sit there uselessly, telling me it can't get a connection.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I've wired that connection, because it's all about multiplayer gaming. I don't want that sucker dropping out if I'm hosting.

[ 30.03.2007, 06:44: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Bleak:
I haven't tried XboxLive yet. I don't want to shell out £60 for a wireless bridge only for it to sit there uselessly, telling me it can't get a connection.

hey, if you ever get it sorted out, you could add me as a friend! [Smile]
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
still hammering Oblivion, although the end is in sight now. Finished Mage Guild, Fighters Guild, Theives Guild and Arena, so only the main plot and the Dark Brotherhood to go. Currently closing oblivion gates, which is a bit of a gyp.

Last night I bought Castlevania: Symphony of Night in a fit of XBLA madness, and that's pretty good. Genuinely fun, and I didn't realise how similar the DS versions were to the original console releases.

I bought Elite Beat Agents at the weekend, so should have that in a couple of days. That's one for Louise too. Puzzle Quest is still mad addictive, although it's definitely getting harder as I progress. It's so hypnotic though.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
also - GTA IV trailer looks pretty sweet. Watched that a few times now.
MiscellaneousFiles

-
 -

A cross between pinball and bagatelle, and so addictive...

Nathan Bleak
GTA IV will be 2007's Bomberman Act Zero. Mark my words. Long loved franchise gets revamped for the next-gen with a graphical overhaul that ditches the cartoon style in favour of a more 'serious' look.

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Godfather just gets more and more entertaining. I was trying to extort some baker woman and she was having none of it. For some reason she seemed to think she should keep the money she earned rather than paying it to me. Anyway, I started strangling her a bit which was doing OK, then some guy ran in and started shooting at me. Quickly shift focus and drag him. Look around for something to slam him into when my eye falls upon her open oven. Now this isn't one of your electric ovens, this is a big chamber full of flaming coals. I drag the poor schmuck over to the oven and to my joy I get the "Throw over ledge" instruction pop up. Flick both wrists forwards and I'm rewarded with "Cooked Execution".

I am now spending most of my time trying to find every execution possible.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I think that the main potential problem isn't that it'll look better than previous games, but that it seems to be set in the present. The previous two games have had massive amount of nostalgia value from my childhood and teenage years, and fulfilled some genuine personal fantasies. It's hard to see how they could do that for me if the game is set in the early 000's, or even the exact present.

Still, I'm sure it'll be alright. I can't believe they'd fuck it now, having got the formula so right in the past.

[ 02.04.2007, 05:38: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
still hammering Oblivion, although the end is in sight now. Finished Mage Guild, Fighters Guild, Theives Guild and Arena, so only the main plot and the Dark Brotherhood to go. Currently closing oblivion gates, which is a bit of a gyp.

It gets a bit repetitive yeah, but the power stone things you get are totally worth it, some of them have some extremely nice effects, infrared vision, water breathing, damage mitigation and the like, worth getting as you go along to be honest as some can be a big help in the other quests. I need to finish it at some point, I'm up to almost the end of the main quest, completed the Mages Guild but no others, only got a couple of bits to do in the Fighters i think, not even tried the Arena out though. I might even start a new character and play from the start actually, since it's been a while since I last played it.

Currently playing Manhunt on the Xbox, there's something disturbingly gratifying about tearing a guys kidney out with the hooked end of a crowbar and then slamming the straight end through the back of his skull, after he's just been talking smack about you..

guitargirl
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for guitargirl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im playing all sorts..

DS - Trauma center and resident evil

PS2 - Guitar hero 1 & 2, Star wars, Silent hill 2, da vinci code, FF X..but mainly GH1&2.

GBA - Whatever my son leaves in it.

guitargirl
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for guitargirl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:

Last night I bought Castlevania: Symphony of Night

Yup I got that game yesterday, not bad at all.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the Godfather for the PS3 - not bad - still have to give it a fair crack mind, but I am having to avoid playing the machine on a school night as I do get a little to involved which tends to cut into my sleep time.

Still loving CoD, Formula 1 and GT-HD Concept

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guitargirl:
Guitar hero 1 & 2

Damn that's got some great tracks on there - Ramones, White Zombie, BLS, Donnas, Hendrix - shame there is no planned release on the PS3 - I wonder if the device would work on the new system?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

guitargirl
TMO Member
GoW + 360 + HDTV = wanking frenzy!

Its just beautiful!

that chainsaw bayonet..*moist*

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+