Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  4  5  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
b3ta that.

b3taed!
Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Something tells me this will be a perfect title for the DS...

-

Lol.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weekend I bought Dragon Quest for the Sony Playstation 2

When saving last night, me and Mikee realised that we'd clocked up near enough 30 hours of gameplay since Saturday evening.

That's how good it is...

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen this strange looking controller Ringo?

What's the score with Dragon Quest fella? Is it an rpg?

Before I was in foreign I was playing cheap old games I bought for small pouns, such as Fifa 2005 (decent, apart from corners) and Medal of Honor - Rising Sun (just about ok and really quite short in single player, but you can't complain for £1 can you?)

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
old timers to TMO may recall me once blabbing on about a 'revolutionary' thing called facade. It's called an interactive drama rather than a 'game', and it places you in a crude fps world, based around you turning up round a couple's apartment for some drinks, and then some major arguments starting. You type in speech, and interact with the couple to form a kind of play.

Anyway! The point is it used to be a whopping 800mb download, but new audio compression has brought it to about 170mb. You can pick it up here. Worth a look. The longer you spend with it, the more complex and involving it becomes. It's a torrent download.

If that all sounds too much, then try ninja loves pirate a small demo of a 2d side scrolling action adventure. Only about 15 minutes of fun, but it's clearly a labour of love.

and, I would very much like to play dragon quest. I think a ps2 might be my next purchase.

[ 29.08.2006, 05:22: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Boy Racer:
Have you seen this strange looking controller Ringo?

What's the score with Dragon Quest fella? Is it an rpg?

I’ve not seen one of those controllers no.

Dragon Quest is a RPG with cool cell shaded graphics and artwork by the person who does Dragonball Z – i.e. cute anime style graphics. In terms of gameplay it’s basically a cross between Final Fantasy, in its turn based ‘oh noes, another random encounter!’ combat sequences, and Zelda with its not-quite-middle-ages-monsters-and-swordsmen type roleplay. It’s really addictive, like most RPGs, in that you have to improve your characters, learn new spells, buy new weapons etc etc, and spending hours just exploring the huge landscape can be really rewarding as there is a continuous stream of cool new stuff to find. A real bonus in my eyes was the underhanded stab at Londoners, when you go to a village called ‘Pickham’ but I don’t really want to spoil it for anyone.

Basically, if you enjoyed either Final Fantasy, or Legend of Zelda, you’ll love this game. It gets a hearty thumbs up from me, and considering I generally only enjoy car racing games, that’s strong praise indeed.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs Mask bought herself a DS, the Masketeers quickly annexed it, and I am now muscling in on their action. I am currently enjoying Nintendogs. My corgi, Rex, is a master frisbee catcher, despite being so very, very tiny.

Any DS recommendations?

Anyone?

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney and Animal Crossing

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you played Phoenix Wright, Benway?

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

What about Trauma Centre? Anyone played that?

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

I've finished phoenix wright, and it's lovely. Charming, funny, and immersive. It's like a text adventure but done with graphics. The puzzles generally relate to finding and studying objects and presenting them to characters during investigation and court interrogation. It's got a really warm sense of humour, and some bizarre 'only in japan' touches. A joy.

Trauma centre seemed to get bastard hard after about an hour of play, and after five or six attempts, I gave up for the time being because I got Mario + Luigi Partners in Time at the same time, and that's a great game. If you like turn based combat RPGs with a bit of timed skill.

Other games I've really enjoyed were Advance Wars, New Super Mario, and Ouendan, which I've banged on about quite a lot. Mario Kart is okay, but I never really got into it even after getting online. That game hurts my hands. I would still like to get Castlevania and Meteos.

[ 08.09.2006, 11:49: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

Thing is I don't even like mario, but he seems to have bagged quite a few of the top titles to come out on the ds so far. Mario Kart, New Super Mario, Mario 64 DS, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario + Luigi partners in time. You've also got games based on Princess Peach, Yoshi, and Wario. So, you don't really have much chance of avoiding the little fella.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

I don't think I've played a Mario game since Donkey Kong...

Tell a lie. The Masketeers got Super Smash Brothers on Gamecube, that had Mario in it. I played that.

I see from Amazon that the DS has a Resident Evil game. I imagine that would be quite shit, though. Plus, I saw an advert in a comic the other day for a DS Justice League game. The advert looked quite promising, but then, that's their job, right?

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

that resident evil game is just resident evil 1. I've just told you all the good games.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
I've just told you all the good games.

All of them?

Fuck.

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

well, all the good ones I've got.

check out dsfanboy.com for ds news things

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo, I just picked up Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast for the PSP, with the original 86 music and a slightly updated version of the original Outrun to play with..

A bit fiddly on a handheld, but still great fun.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the time has come that I should buy a PSP - whats the best deal you found Darryn?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They all seem to work out at about 249.00 Euros for the pack with a game, 32mb card, charger and soft cover.

2GB memory sticks are about 80.00 Euros from the Office Centre/Dixons.

E-Plaza have always done me well, though I bought my new one from the Media Markt where it was a little cheaper.

They all seem to come now with Loco Roco as the game, that or Daxter... I think you're best off trying to find one with GTA Liberty City included.

If you can't find one with GTA Liberty City included then the base unit costs 199.00 Euro pretty much all over, but you don't get a card or a case with it.

But like I say, 2GB memory sticks are about 80.00 Euros from the Office Centre/Dixons so the cards not really needed and you need a better case than the soft one, I say get the Logitech® PlayGear Pocket (12.50 Euros from E-Plaza) as you can make custom paper inserts and customize the case, plus you can use it as a stand when watching a Divx and charge it without having to remove it.

Bart Smit also do a desktop charger with a funky blue light for charging the PSP upright on your desk for 3.00 Euros.

Plus if you're ver feeling in the mood to play with the software you can use Devhook and a downgraded version of the PSP firmware (version 1.5) to play homebrew games (or downloaded games from the web).

There's a vast array of other rubbish available for the PSP as well, including a gadget that turns it into a PS2 allowing you to play games on the television and use a Playstation controller, you could also watch films via this too I imagine.

The PINK PSP comes out soon too if you wanted to be a gay, which you don't.

My white one doesn't half get a dirty joystick though, Femke's black one doesn't.

[ 10.09.2006, 08:30: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Also - if you have avoided buying the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD because of the stupid CGI add-ons of the "Special" Edition, then * your prayers have been answered.

Ringo

As I'm off work ill today with arse problems, I've been considering going and buying Lego Star Wars 2 plus the new original trilogy DVDs, to help alleviate my boredome. I reckon if I go now then I stand a decent chance of fitting in all 3 films before I have to go and see emma this evening. I might not go to see her to be honest, if my arse doesn't get any better. There's no value in recreating certain scenes from Trainspotting..
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
As I'm off work ill today with arse problems

Forgive me, Lord. What kind of problems are you having there Ringo?
Ringo

Well this morning things were critical, but I'm now describing the situation as 'serious but stable'.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you need more fiber in your diet. [Frown]
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I have mostly been playing:

Need for Speed
Loco Roco (Demo)

This weekend I will be playing Tiger Woods 07 (My dad should be able to join in then)

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing "Need For Speed Underground: Most Wanted" on the PC and it is fucking shit.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
Shit because it's on the PC or shit because it's a shit game ?

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit game. Looks good on the PC, but it's mad boring.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
I had a go at Need For Speed on the PSP, buggerd if I could steer the car at all, I'll stick to Outrun..

I've also developed a motion sickness problem with the PSP, if I play for too long I get really dizzy and sick feeling and when I close my eyes I can still see or feel the movement of Outrun..

Or Loco Roco which is even odder.

--------------------

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mr Big Nuts.

Apart from Puzzle Bobble on my phone, I'm only really playing FIFA 2005 at present, in the brief moments between work, DIY, watching dvds of Deadwood, and sleep. I’m currently winning everything as Barca in Career, but I suspect I’ll only stay with them for a season since club loyalty seems not to have been figured into the structure of the game.

I plan to be getting Yakuza very shortly, and am working on persuading my 360 owning flatmate to get Dead Rising.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I'd like a 360 but I'd have to get a new tv as well. I suppose I'll have to get one eventually, but that's a huge amount of cash just to be able to pop make-believe caps in virtual asses.
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still playing Halo 2 on xbox original. Not getting any better. I guess after two years of playing this game online I'm really only a level 12 Rumble pit player. I do know where most of the good weapons are now on most of the maps which helps. But overall it's incredibly dispiriting getting pwned, owned, raped, being called a noob, noobie, faggot, nigger, faggot nigger, being called garbage, being told I suck, I totally suck, I suck ass, I suck niggers ass, being told my mum sucks ass. Being told I have no teeth, to brush my teeth and being called australian.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
how much of that is true though?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not is a faggot nigger, but he'll fuck anyone up who dares point it out. Be warned.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not the point, the point is it's rude.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  4  5  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+