Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 46)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also Benway's tactics, although elegant, don't explain why people always end up in a killing spree when they grab the Gravity Hammer.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, but those tactics are probably only suitable for certain maps and play situations. And you can't rely on finding a grav hammer.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jumping is so lame. I think there should be some kind of jump-o-meter built into the game that auto-kills anyone who doesn't appear to be jumping up to anything. Whenever I see people jumping, I want to take an air ticket all the way out to the states, get a taxi and then travel to a surburbia just to scream full pelt into a 12 year old Halo player's face.

Even just the absurdity of it. Battlefield in particular use to be really lame until they added a stamina bar. The fury and intensity of war online could be dispelled by listening to the Harlem Globetrotters theme alongside the jump-madness.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
er, I'm up to highest skill 26 - in Lone Wolves. Captain, Grade 2.

I think the matchmaking system is much improved over Halo 2, I could never get past level 20 before.

Sometimes I have a good day and sometimes I'm shit.

The noob combo is where you have the plasma pistol and the battle rifle. You walk around with the plasma pistol fully charged and let it off at an enemy, if it hits them their shields are completley depleted, then you switch to your BR and shoot them a couple of times and they die.

If you get the hang of it it can be pretty effective. But like I say, it's not used so much in Halo 3 for some reason.
noob combo youtube

[ 11.02.2008, 12:01: Message edited by: Tilde ]

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorn, Herbs, anyone: what do you call the subheadings in a piece of printed copy that are used to break up a long piece? Are they just subheaders?

The tabloids like to use them after about two paras, with one or two words, in bold, as a taster of what the next paras might be about.

Can't remember the word, need it for a translation.

Cheers.

Also: graphic designers - page furniture, namely "lines" and "rules" (in Spanish "líneas" and "filetes"). Is rules the right word? Anyone ever use that? They're thin lines, to divide stuff or whatever. I'm worried I've got the wrong term.

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't gone beyond 13 yet, but that's in team deathmatch. Haven't touched lone wolves.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the jumping thing is a bit of a hangover from games like Quake and UT where double jumping and suchlike were pretty much essential parts of gameplay. I can't play FPS without instictively hammering the jump button when it gets to reasonably close quarters combat.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subhead, rules. OK?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ant'ny!
mart
Thanks Misc, 'preciate it.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, last night I pretty much completed Guitar Hero 2 as much as I can be bothered to. I finished all songs on expert and got 5* on all songs on hard.

It is feasible that I could get 5* on expert but the majority of that would just be a boring grind and I'm not sure that I'm bothered enough about the 30 achievement points to spend about 20 hours being annoyed.

Back to Oblivion again now. Still got to play condemned at some stage and got mass effect delivered that I've only played for about half an hour. Admittedly I'd had a couple of glasses when I started on ME but I found the text really hard to read which was annoying.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. There's a few games - like Dead Rising - where the text is much, much harder to read on an SD television, although I hadn't heard the same said about Mass Effect until now. You do wind up having to refer to your journal quite a bit, especially with the side missions.
Thorn Davis

Here's a post with a couple of tips on getting clearer text in SD.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. I'll have a look tonight to see if I can actually change brightness and contrast without a remote control. If not then I'll be torn between buying a replacement remote control or an HDTV
Dr. Benway

5* on hard! jesus christ. I can't get past wolfmother - I mean, I can't even finish the song

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Bah. Just realised I haven't done easy mode so really I could 5* everything on easy mode for a very easy 40 achievement points but I think my windpipe would actually shut itself down in boredom if I tried that.
Dr. Benway

so, who's around for some halo action over the weekend?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
so, who's around for some halo action over the weekend?

You should really think about growing stuff. Everyone's into it, nowadays. Gaming is so lame.

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

if I had anywhere to grow anything, I probably would.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knock your telly screen in... VOILA! A tub.

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

more of a tray.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

Oh. Sorry.

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

I've been playing The Sims 2. At least there, I can create virtual friends to play with me on the computer.

[ 19.02.2008, 05:30: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I had very little computing time this weekend due to outside interference from people claiming to be in my family. Fortunately Kate is starting on 8 night shifts in a row as of Thursday which basically means I've got all of next weekend free for messing about. I might be forced to drink and watch rugby on Saturday but I reckon I'll pick up Halo 3 this week so should be online if anyone fancies a game on Sunday. Or Thursday or Friday evening for that matter. Of course this does rely on me actually getting sorted online.

Does everyone use their 360 wireless or would I get much better response times if I just stretched a wire across the lounge to the router?

Dr. Benway

Wired. I've got a 20mb home connection, so it seems sensible to give the machine all the available bandwidth. The router is right next to the box... it's not a problem. Also, I'm sure that the wired connection stabilises the PC/360 connection, and aids video streaming over the powerline network.

[ 19.02.2008, 05:58: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
The rugby's been really exciting this year hasn't it, so far?

Mind you I am Welsh.

Dr. Benway

I'm not interested in the rugby

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
No, no, I appreciate that.
Dr. Benway

I am also Welsh, and my Welsh father assures me that the rugby is exciting, and that I would like it if it I gave it a try, and that I should at least just go to Twickenham because it's amazing.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
I don't really know why I mentioned it, actually.
Dr. Benway

whenever I see him, he talks about the rugby as if I've been watching it too, and no matter how often I make it clear I don't care, he'll just carry on like I'm really into it.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
You probably wouldn't like it, and would only spoil it for everyone else.

Rugby fans generally are wankers. Generally.

mart
It's like he doesn't really know you.
Dr. Benway

if I could literally spoil it for everyone, then it would be worth going

[ 19.02.2008, 06:06: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

that would teach my dad. That would teach him not to have bought me all the stuff I wanted when I was a kid. Then he'd learn, if I could spoil his precious rugby. Then, finally, he'd be as sorry as he should be.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+