Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 52)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a good game, but probably a bit too difficult once it gets going for a girl like London to cope with. The best way of thinking about it is like a real time tech-tree game, where you are constantly having to think backwards to work out what elements you need to get in order to move forwards. So you're like, my next animal is an eagle, but it needs to eat 6 squirrels before it'll settle in my garden, and to get 6 squirrels I need to start mating my squirrels, but I can only do that if I've got 3 bees and 4 specific trees, but to get 3 bees...etc. You're usually juggling two or three of these situations at once, and finding that they might start conflicting with each other, so animals might start eating each other or one type of animal present might prevent another kind from settling.

The cutesy graphics trick you into think it isn't a complex and fast paced strategy game.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my main problem with it was the clunky menu system.
Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah, mine too. Annoying.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might try it again one day. It's a bit embarassing sitting there on my achievement list.

Seb Newman
Viva Pinata 5/1000 [Frown]

But really. Why do I have to do that stupid worm mating mini game a million times. It's not tough and just dull. Why can't they just fuck or whatever worms do?

Kanye West
TMO Member
why are you mating a million worms?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. Perhaps not a million, but I think I had about 8. I think I needed to feed sparrows or something.

I seem to remember having a rabbit as well. I'm not sure. I got it at the same time as Guitar Hero and that got much more play.

Incidentally - I got a new achievement on GH3 the other day (5* all songs on hard) and got closer to finishing TTFAF on expert. The reason this took so long is that my guitar stopped working but I fixed it by cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser and now it's as good as new. Yay!

Kanye West
TMO Member
I hope your arm falls off.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't reckon it will. I'm finishing work at 2 today so I'll get some good GH and GTA action in.

Should finally finish Stevie's stupid car delivery missions and might try to do all the 10 most wanted things.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I did one stevie car and decided it didn't seem like much fun.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Sometimes it isn't but one was great where he asked me to get a GT Turismo. That car was a dream to drive and i want to get one in my parking slot.
Kanye West
TMO Member
you can steal those from the shop by the apartment you get get in the manhattan area. Just walk round the corner, pop the glass of the shop and take your pick.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Damn. I didn't think about trying to break the windows on that place [Frown]

Another thing that I didn't realise until a couple of days it that you can just jump in a yellow cab and go wherever you want. This makes the taking your friends out business much less of a chore when you need to get them up to 100%

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I fixed it by cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser and now it's as good as new. Yay!

You should get Rock Band in that case. There's tons of cool songs to play on there even if you only use guitar. I downloaded March of The Pigs the other day and over the 2mins 30secs of the song I nearly failed the vocals twice. On easy. [Smile]
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
That doesn't make me feel better [Frown]

[ 11.06.2008, 10:38: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
^^^

That was a clever joke about the fact that in the song "March of the Pigs", Trent Reznor sings the link "Now doesn't that make you feel better".

I was then replying to that as if I'd failed the song on easy that, No Trent, that doesn't make me feel better.

I apologise if this level of humour is too high brow for most people, but it was worth a try.

[ 11.06.2008, 10:38: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Bleh. It was clever. No need to all go silent.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
[Mad] http://thingsididlastnight.com/ [Mad]
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I apologise if this level of humour is too high brow for most people, but it was worth a try.

It did go over my head, I'm afraid. I scrolled up and down the thread looking for a reference you'd made to not feeling well. I can't believe I missed the joke. Shit. I'm sorry. Part of it was down to me thinking "Well, but you probably would feel good about it, when you aced the song and thought, "lol Thorn couldn't even sing that, what a tosser". So I got lost in that train of thought. And then I thought about how you probably wouldn't sing anyway because you already said you weren't interested in it on GH: World Tour. It kind of all got messed up in my head.

Anyway. Lots of songs that you like in Rock Band/ available to download.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
At the moment I am not playing Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Burning Earth, however I would like to borrow it as apparently you can get 1000 Gamerpoints in 2 minutes which sounds pretty handy.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Exciting news for RPG fans. FFXIII is coming to the 360.

I haven't actually played one sinve FFVII and it was "pretty good". So hopefully this will up the stakes a bit and be "quite fun"

Quite bad news for Sony though as this was one of their big money exclusives.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
If you're into Schadenfreude then it's worth reading some PS3 boards at the moment.

quote:
My hands won't stop shaking. This is ridiculous. How could S-E do this to Sony, who has been their loyal partner for so long. How could they just throw away such a sacred friendship. I feel literally sick about it. I've been buying Sony consoles exclusively my whole life, Final Fantasy is my favorite game series. I just can't believe they're taking all my favorite games away.. god.. why did this have to happen? Is money all that's important in the world? I hate my life.

And there's a petition!

quote:
To: SQUARE ENIX
Ok, so we now know that Final Fantasy XIII will be coming to XBOX 360 as well as the PlayStation 3. This is pathetic, we know you want to make more money, SQUARE ENIX, but come on, this is an insult to both nintendo and SONY.

MICROSOFT might or might not have paid you, but in actuality, you may actually lose would be buyers, and even more importantly - fans. I was a massive SQUARE ENIX fan, especially with FINAL FANTASY, or should I say, I was. You're forgetting your roots SQUARE, nintendo and PlayStation is where you belong, and that is also where you're fan base belongs too. So, before I lose all faith in you, and although it may be too late, pull back the XBOX version, or count me out from this game, its not just the fact that its on XBOX 360, but also the fact that you're not listening to your fans, in fact, XBOX 360 owners didn't care about FINAL FANTASY, so why should you deliver to them?

So SQUARE ENIX, I'm asking you this, and any LOYAL FINAL FANTASY FAN, to take notice of this, of your TRUE fans, and deliver us with the exclusiveness of FINAL FANTASY XIII, giving XBOX a few titles is fine, but giving them your best RPG series is something else. So if you're a FINAL FANTASY fan, and wish for FINAL FANTASY to remain with nintendo and PlayStation - sign this petition, and if SQUARE ENIX have any decency left in them, they'll take notice of their TRUE fans!

Thank You.

FINAL FANTASY FANS - WHAT WE BELIEVE!

Sincerely,

[ 15.07.2008, 06:31: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've been buying Sony consoles exclusively my whole life, Final Fantasy is my favorite game series.

Presumably then he didn't play any of the first 6 games, all of which came out on Nintendo...

I don't really see the big deal to be honest. People can still buy the games. Surely reaching a larger audience means that future titles will be of better quality anyway?

Meh, I've not played a FF game since 7 anyway. I saw some of the more recent ones but I don't think they're really up my street. Not a big JRPG fan.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheese Quest is pretty excellent though.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

YeahI was pretty pissed when they said they weren't making one for PS3. Cheese Quest has a few elements most JRPGs lack though - Decent voice acting/dialogue, and a main protagonist who isn't an angsty, androgynous emo, homoerotic fanfic writer's wet dream....
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good old Trevor.

--------------------

Ringo

Cor Blimey!
New Way Of Decay

-

--------------------

Ringo

Man it's enough to make me want to strip down to my pants and bust out a bucket of KFC...
Ringo

I know I'm a little late to the party with this one but I've been playing Guitar Hero III on the PS3. I've not played through much so far, still on the easy difficulty level. I'm really enjoying it but there's one thing which is just really bugging me about it, and that's the boss battles.

I understand the idea of it, in terms of the game mechanic, but let's just try and put this into context. I'll be honest, I'm not in a band. I've never played a gig, hell I can't even play an instrument. But I think I get how this thing works - you start out by getting together a bunch of people, play some simple songs together, maybe do some gigs doing covers, then go on to write your own material and carry on in that manner until, several years later, you're found dead in a hotel bathroom.

So picture the setting - you've got your band together, you're not brilliant but you can play your way through a few covers pretty convincingly. You do a few live gigs. Then after you finish one song, who should turn up but Tom Morello. Awesome! You'd be so psyched, Tom Morello's turned up at your gig. He's obviously heard about your band and he's coming up to you clutching his guitar, OMG he wants to actually play with you!

But no. Tom Morello doesn't want to play with you.

Now, I love Audioslave, and Rage Against the Machine are one of the most distinctive alternative bands of the nineties, thanks in no small part to Tom Morello's unique guitar style.

So why, with this in mind, is Tom Morello turning up at an amateur gig to come on stage and show what a great guitarist he is? I mean, he's being a total fucking jerk, what exactly is he trying to prove? I've only played five bloody songs in my life, and here's one of the biggest names in rock trying to show everyone that I'm not as good a guitarist as him. I mean, FFS.

He used to be one of my heroes, but now I just think he's a dick.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is only a dick until you kick his arse. Just build about three of the attck things then let him have it, just keeping your eye on his meter.

Have faith, young jedi, and beat him you will

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Ringo

Yeah I beat him on my 4th attempt. It's just a case of waiting till he gets to that hard bit at the end then give him a triple whammy for a one way ticket to failsville. I've just beaten Slash too.

I have a nasty feeling I may have to start playing on medium difficulty soon...

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me a while to beat him - I beat Slash first time but Tom I could not do. I eventually progressed and completed easy level (with the exception of Tom and Reign in Blood - which I still cannot do) and started on Medium, and I beat Tom on my second or third attempt - its just like you say the triple whammy near the end and he is toast.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Ringo

Raining Blood is fucking retarded. I'm convinced it's not humanly possible.

That's the first one I've come across which I'm convinced I won't be able to do

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
You'll get raining blood after a bit of practice. It's a tough song on all levels, but it's just a case of getting through the "Mosh 1" section and then it's not too bad
Ringo

Are all the GH games this difficult or is it just this one that's particularly savage?

I'm getting towards the end of Medium and I've gotta say, I don't really see how I'm going to enjoy playing the harder difficulty levels. It's already more frustrating than fun. Plus I fear I may be doing lasting damage to my hand...

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+