Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 63)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got internet today - finally. And because of that I bought LBP - and now I could cry - this is the most lovely and beautiful game I have ever seen - even now the interlude is like a Sigur ros album - its just so stunning - beyond anything I have ever seen gaming

This. Is. Gaming.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it. Do you have a headset? We should play online
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumours are that as of Monday, gamestation will be offering Fable 2 on 360 for £19.99 as their half price deal.

I shall definitely be picking it up at that price. Possibly trading in something to make it cost not much.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we should play online - I think I am going to head into town in a second and pick up a headset - can't sit here all day playing it after all no matter how cute it is.

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Rumours are that as of Monday, gamestation will be offering Fable 2 on 360 for £19.99 as their half price deal.

I shall definitely be picking it up at that price. Possibly trading in something to make it cost not much.

I've been playing that a bit. I keep getting sidetracked into just chopping wood and forging swords in the most mindless simple and repetitive mini-games. It's got some kind of co-op component I think. An orb called 'fionnula cooler' was floating around my world for a while. I didn't really know what to do with it.

[ 27.11.2008, 09:34: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pretend that I'm going to do that achievement with you when I get the game, but in fact just forget to log into xbox live and when I do, I'll completely ignore you if that is alright with you?
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a headset now and will be up for online LBP as soon as I can.

In other ps3 news, we got play tv today and it's great, very user friendly. Pink also swapped the ps3's hardrive for a much bigger one which will help. Also, combined with our psp it means you can watch tv anywhere with a wifi connection. [Cool]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by missgolightly:
it means you can watch tv anywhere

Most depressing sentence in the history of technology.
Waynster

Managed to have a quick game with Ringo last night, although once again his gaming prowess showed me up to be the doddering old fool with the controller - I now know how my Dad felt playing games in the speccy back in the day. Still practice makes perfect and I was up until 3am playing on my own - I will be picking up a headset today as the chat function is too slow plus you can appreciate my frustraion better if you hear it in my voice.

Oh and I stumbled accross a custom level last night that simulates 9/11 - there are some wags out there I can tell you!

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be around on Sunday for some online LBP.
Ringo

Wayne that was just my stupid level being rubbish. I did actually change a few bits about the tower part to stop it being so frustrating when you fell off, but totally forgot to save it.

Did you not have your headset on?

Waynster

So may I - time?

--------------------

Waynster

Ringo - that was one of your custom levels? I thought it was one of the ones in the standard gameplay - if it is yours I'm very impressed indeed!

Headset - no not yet bought - will pick one up today - any recommendations?

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on how hungover I am after the gig on Saturday night. Hopefully by around 4:00pm.
Ringo

It's a lot easier to make levels than you might think. You have to go through some pretty irritating tutorials but once you get the basics, making geometric platform stuff is fairly easy, then you can just tart it up however you want. It's a shame you didn't get to the top of the tower though because you missed out on the skateboard jump over the flame pit...

That's actually all really basic though. I could make something much more complicated now. It just takes so much time to do, it's crazy.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Thorn. Have you got Left4Dead? Mister Egg and I were discussing having some multiplayer action on that in the near future and I reckon it should be fun. If you haven't got it, perhaps you should, you know, get it?

Anyone else want to join in? Tilde?

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meme.

I don't have left for dead, so sorry i'll have to give that one a miss.

Anyway, I've been playing Fallout 3. So far I haven't actually got out the bunker, I've mainly been growing up and chosen answers to people who are talking boring (but probably important) stuff to me. Bit of a slow start to this game innit? Still hopefully I will persevere and get right into it.

Also, Gears of War 2. Completed it on campaign on normal setting. Took about 12 hours I'd say and very very enjoyable. I've actually upped the difficulty to Hardcore and started the campaign again, now I've got used to the gameplay a bit more. Also played a few games of Hoard online with it which is a really good multiplayer mode as it pits you and your team against computer opponents and it gets progressively harder as each wave is completed. It's nice to have the humans all uniting for once against the computer controlled bots, rather than getting owned in death matches against 12 year olds.

I also played my first true multiplayer match - wingman, teams of two players, last one standing wins. That was super hard and I got killed pretty much straight away, hardly got any kills. reminded me that I was a total n00b. Still it's good fun and I'm going to persevere.

I bought GOW1 and never really got into it. But GOW2, really started to enjoy it quite early on. Well done GOW2! 9/10

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tilde, we haven't got it either, but it's possible to get it!

I still haven't played GoW2. Would anybody like to go through it with me? Tilde? Tilde?

[ 28.11.2008, 07:54: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey in fact I'd be up for some adult multiplayer fun tonight. On anything. Even Halo. I played Halo with Michael the Television the other day. Didn't go well.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of playing through either Left 4 Dead or Gears with people. I'm available this evening or tomorrow evening. Got Caro's family coming round on sunday bleeurgh.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
let's play through gears tonight then.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
left 4 dead we should try and get a full team together. Tilde?
Ringo

I wonder if it would be worth splitting this thread down a bit. Individual games, or a thread for single player, one for multiplayer, that kind of thing.
Thorn Davis

I suggested that before, and Benway got well upset.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
well, there's are we going to play online or something ever yeah? Or what thread that seems to soak up multiplayer stuff most of the time.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Tilde?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
anyway, I'm getting GoW2 tonight. I'm going to the gym twixt 6.30 and 7.30 but after that I'm ALL XBOX ALL THE TIME. see you then, davis?

[ 28.11.2008, 08:47: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Thorn Davis

That suits me perfectly.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
great

[ 28.11.2008, 08:59: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
Tilde?

So where's he gone then?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I should be home about 11, so if you're still playing then, I'll log on and send you maudling messages like "Are you enjoying Gears of War2?" "How's it going?" "Are you keeping it tight?" and then perhaps have a game of Halo on my own and get racially abused.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Actually. I can be around Saturday evening. If everyone is up for that, I shall pick up Left4Dead tomorrow morning.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
no I can't be, come on don't play it without meeeeeee
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many players can you have on campaign on GOW2?
Thorn Davis

two on GeOW 2 campaign.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+