Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 90)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just found benway3000 but then he disappeared. He was at the sweatman hotel in santlerville?
Tilde
TMO Member
quote:
Since your last turn:

* DJ RED ALERT extracted a DNA sample from you. (18 hours and 7 minutes ago)
* DJ RED ALERT revivified you with a NecroTech syringe. (18 hours and 6 minutes ago)
* You heard a loud and distant groaning 1 block to the west and 6 blocks to the north. (17 hours and 58 minutes ago)
* A flare was fired 14 blocks to the east and 3 blocks to the south. (15 hours and 40 minutes ago)
* A flare was fired 2 blocks to the west. (12 hours and 19 minutes ago) ...and again.

Possible actions:

YAY! gonna collect soem needles now and start sticking my pricks in your arses.
Tilde
TMO Member
I got 2 revivication syringes and I'm holed up in The Woolven Building in Pashenton. 2 blocks up from Heytown http://iwrecords.urbandead.info/12-07-09_0900hrs_PUBLIC/IN_72-16_where_I_am_9c7-3c0-943.html

If anyone wants to become human again go and stand outside.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thorn! You were talking about getting Tekken 6. Zavvi have it in their mega monday sale for £17.95 delivered

So, today only.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought it in another sale last week. It's good, although I suck quite badly at it.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, how is Zavvi still a thing?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone bought out their website business and just runs that. It works quite well as a web based company just not well as bricks and mortar.

Have you heard that Amazon are thinking about opening up book shops. After driving borders into bankruptcy due to the bricks and mortar busines model not working with the rise of the internet Amazon have decided that it is actually a good business model.

Thorn Davis

I don't think Amazon were really responsible for Borders going under, exactly. Waterstones is still doing well. Borders went under because it was badly managed in the States and couldn't get credit, because they weren't paying their distributor bills.

It's not so much that the Bricks and Mortar business model doesn't work anymore (although Jeff Bezo did a good job of convincing investors of that when Amazon needed financing), more that Amazon took a different approach to promotions, back list sales, and the like. The internet hasn't really crucified high-street retailers to the extent that gets reported - our biggest customer is still Waterstones.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woolworths are "back online" as well.

[Smile]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go into Waterstones from time to time. There are two of them in the shopping centre in MK and they're always really busy.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the two Waterstones in Reading are also busy most of the time. I'm not sure if people are actually buying books though. It could just be that the middle classes are using the place as a town centre safe haven from all the knifecriminals.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Two new second hand dvd and computer games shops have popped up near my work. I don't understand how these places survive. They sell second hand DVDs for about £3-5 which seems reasonable, but then you consider the fact that you can buy them brand new online for that price and I just don't understand how they get enough custom.

I suspect they're a front for something. Peak Oil perhaps.

Tilde
TMO Member
Ah shit we're all dead, got killed by some bunny group of zombies.
Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Borders went under because it was badly managed in the States and couldn't get credit, because they weren't paying their distributor bills.

I thought The UK Borders had been a seperate company from the US Borders for a few years now. If so how does what the US company is doing affect the UK one?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I got Sacred 2 yesterday for the bargain price of £18 thinking it would be a nice light version of world of warcraft to potter around on when Kate has gone to bed. I do not know if it is any good as it appears that the makers of Sacred 2 hate people who do not have HDTVs and have made a game that is text heavy that is actually impossible to read on a CRT. [Mad] Another one along with mass effect to go in the pile entitled "To play when I have a better TV"
Ringo

New GT5 demo out today. Downloading it now.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I think you should take that to the "What games are people playing on the PS3" forum
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm just bitter that I don't have a PS3 so I can't play Demon Souls [Frown]
Ringo

Isn't that Demon's Souls?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Probably. I try not to read too much about it as it sounds so good and I get annoyed that I can't play it.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
But the fact you can just jump into someone elses game and kill them at any time and it isn't an option you can turn off is just amazing. Full PVP action with the only way to opt out is to disconnect from the internet. And actual punishment for dying, like you can lose hours worth of grinding out levels. And it's meant to be properly hard. Stupid Sony.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
New GT5 demo out today. Downloading it now.

Oh crap - that means I need to install the new hard disk that's been sitting on a shelf for two months...
Ringo

It's shit anyway
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
GT5 is shit?
Ringo

The demo is. You can choose between two different versions of the wholly terrible nissan 370Z and do a time trial around fucking indianapolis. And that's it. no cars to race against, no selection of different cars, no setting to tweak. Just a shit car and a shit track. No racing, no damage, no tyre smoke, no fun. Turned it off.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like a corker.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm still doing shit at Dragon Age. It's a very frustrating game to play with two people as you have to listen to all the dialogue from everyone and then reach a decision as to how we are going to respond and I want to go with the response that is clearly going to get me the most friendship with the people or stuff and Kate just wants to go with the nicest option so it takes ages.

Also we generally manage to find about two hours to play a week at the moment which is making things slow down a bit.

Ringo

Actually if you happen to have access to one of Logitech's brilliant driving wheels, then the GT5 demo really comes to life.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I could really handle playing a game with somebody sitting there watching me the whole time.

Although the other night I came #6 in the country in a round of 1 v 100, and I tried to get louise interested in this, but she wasn't.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I wanted to prove that i was worth something, that I could achieve if I put my mind to it, but she just blankly stared through me and went back to watching a video on the netbook.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I might play some 1 v 100 this weekend. It will be a wholly depressing experience as I consider myself to be quite intelligent and I'll probably get destroyed.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i consider myself to be a fucking idiot.
Ringo

Maybe that's the key to success
Kanye West
TMO Member
word
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I wish I had lower expectations. I always expected myself to be doing something important and amazing and I think this is leading to failure and regret.

If I aimed for being able to pay bills and play some computer games them anything above that would be a bonus.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+