Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » What are people playing at the moment? (Page 93)

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  124  125  126 

Author Topic: What are people playing at the moment?
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange that you found the hard levels hard...
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a bit of practice you'll become one with the bike Ringo. It won't be you controlling the bike, you will be the bike.

I've not really played the skill games much.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find especially hard: bits where you have rely solely on balancing on your back wheel while maintaining momentum, and bits where you have to get up nearly vertical / actually vertical slopes.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, some of them seemed to be more luck than judgement. There was one obstacle where you had to launch off a ramp and get across a short ramp held in mid air to get to a ledge, and the gap seemed impossibly large. I literally got over 100 faults on that. 100. It was pathetic. But it is a good game. I only intended to put it on for an hour or so but ended up sinking a good four hours into it.
Tilde
TMO Member
Anyhow, don't be too put off, I think the beauty of Trials is you play until you reach the limit of your skill/patience then stop.

Typically I rushed through the Beginner, Easy and medium levels achieving bronze and silver medals, tried some hard, got stuck and frustrated. Went back to the easy levels to get gold medals which was satisfying, did the same through medium then went back to hard and I was that much better that i could get through them this time.

There is only so much you can take with Trials though as the gameplay encourages multiple resets and things get super repetitive quickly - especially when you're trying to get a no fault gold medal run on a track (even worse but more satisfying with the platinum medals)

My best tip is once you complete a track - check out the replays of the guys at the top of the leaderboards, often there's a route that you never thought of which can drive your time down by loads.

Second tip is use the front flip to get greater distance on those long jumps.

[ 13.01.2010, 06:06: Message edited by: Tilde ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Trials 2: Second Edition, which looks a lot like Trials HD, but I've put a lot more time into *Cyclomaniacs, which I'm inexplicably playing through for the third time.
Ringo

Getting the medals is super frustrating. I've got gold on all but the last of the easy levels. It's bits where you feel like you've timed every jump and hump to perfection, then you'll get to what should be a really straight forward bit and your front wheel will bump up slightly. Then you lean forward and the back wheel lifts so you lose momentum. Then the back wheel goes down and you just wheelie yourself off the bike pathetically.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get a long jump push back just before you hit the lip and then just as you come off the lip hit forwards and you'll go quite a lot forwards. You can then do a forward flip if you want but really that's just showboating.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's a new podcast up btw. you know, every time we finish one, i listen to the first twenty minutes, hate the sound of my voice, feel like I'm just burbling fuckbrain, and decide that the NEXT one will be semi-decent. Six times I've gone through that exact process.
Kanye West
TMO Member
anyway yes, Trials HD. I feel like I've hit a wall (lol, etc), but I need to get through it. I'm not taking my shit to the next level yet. No platinums, few golds on Hard.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
there's a new podcast up btw. you know, every time we finish one, i listen to the first twenty minutes, hate the sound of my voice, feel like I'm just burbling fuckbrain, and decide that the NEXT one will be semi-decent. Six times I've gone through that exact process.

I think that's exactly what happens with film-makers, writers, actors and everyone who attempts creative stuff. Or at least, everyone who does it well You finish it, take one look, recoil in disgust and try again. I think if you decide that you're "getting it right" you lose the drive to improve and your work turns to total, total shit, eg Spielberg.

[ 13.01.2010, 06:23: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I've still not listened to your last one as I haven't found my headphones. I know they're in the house somewhere which is why i haven't bought any more yet but it's annoying now.
Ringo

I enjoyed the podcast this morning while eating my toast with cherry jam, and a cup of coffee. Good work. I particularly liked benway getting the subject of downloadable content all wrong.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't hear a lot of it, as the kids were arguing about milk and cereal.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I suppose I could plug my phone into my xbox and then listen to it at home, but that just seems a bit weird.
Tilde
TMO Member
Maybe Benway and Mikee could post you a c90 tape.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who doesn't want to wallow in self disgust you simply have to understand that the creative process is mostly some kind of lucid one, where the best genius comes flying out spontaneously and you then quickly forget about it. On listening/reading back you surprise yourself immensely. I'm trying to stop benway doing this scrutinising of his own work, because it doesn't help. We've stopped clapping our hands. We've stopped erming at everything on the agenda and I've banished the squeeky chair to the spare room again, but he just can't help himself. he has to sit there agonising over his mong voice.

[ 13.01.2010, 08:19: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Kanye West
TMO Member
you'd agonise if you had a mong voice. My next job is eradicating something that I'm not even going to mention (not mikee)
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you can still form/write sentences.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I have a mong voice which is why I don't do podcasts.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
And also because I don't have anything interesting to say.
Kanye West
TMO Member
should be clear that neither of those two things are barriers to entry.
Tilde
TMO Member
Perfection is the enemy of progress.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I just discovered that Optimus Prime had a cameo appearance in Assassin's creed. Did everyone else know this already?

-

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Completed the new DLC for DA:O last night. It is pretty shit. Adds nothing to the story really and is piss easy and gives you weapons and armour that aren't particularly good.
Ringo

Yeah I spotted that a long time ago. There were a few other bits and bobs in the game too like that. I forget what they were off the top of my head.

You should play Assassin's Creed 2 - it's much better.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I will do when it is cheap second hand. I'm still plowing through Lego Batman when Kate is out (which is rarely) and DA:O when she's in. She might like AC2 so I could probably get away with playing that shen she's in.
Ringo

It does start off a bit ropey. I was trying to convince Reema that the AC games were totally cool and not at all juvenile, then within 20 minutes of starting it I found myself at a part where you're encouraged to seduce and undress your lover using quicktime events. Thankfully this is probably the only genuinely lame bit in the whole game and you can more or less skip it by not pressing any buttons.
Thorn Davis

That sounds like it's what people who don't play computer games assume that computer games are all about.
Kanye West
TMO Member
or they think they're like madworld, which i've been playing.

[ 15.01.2010, 05:19: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
or they think they're like madworld, which i've been playing.

How did you find it? Or do I have to wait for the next podcast to find out?
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
That sounds like it's what people who don't play computer games assume that computer games are all about.

TO be fair though she'd have hated it anyway. She saw me playing Trials HD the other day and said "what's this? some sort of fucking stupid skateboarding game or something?"
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
How did you find it? Or do I have to wait for the next podcast to find out?

Good God! It's on Amazon for £3.87. I'm almost tempted.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
TO be fair though she'd have hated it anyway. She saw me playing Trials HD the other day and said "what's this? some sort of fucking stupid skateboarding game or something?"

Oh dear. Is she slagging off your hobbies? That doesn't sound good. Does Reema do that kind of thing a lot?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I was quite tempted by Madworld and also Manhunt 2 and Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Wii and the Smash bros game on the wii but none of them give gamerpoints so I haven't bothered.

This topic is comprised of pages: 126 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  124  125  126 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+