email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » Champions League 2006/2007

Author Topic: Champions League 2006/2007
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even care if noone else posts on this thread, I am over the damn moon at the Chelsea result tonight. The first English team ever to win at La Mestalla, and against a team many were tipping to go all the way. Quite possibly the best European performance I've seen from them, in the second half especially - maybe just edging it above the 4-2 home win against Barca due to it being away from home at one of Europe's biggest fortresses! Now to get revenge on Liverpool (barring one of the biggest upsets in European history tomorrow night) [Smile]

I'm even happy that Man Utd thrashed Roma tonight as well, the Champions League is better off without the Rome Ultras [Smile]

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
I'm even happy that Man Utd thrashed Roma tonight as well, the Champions League is better off without the Rome Ultras [Smile]

I watched the Man U one.

It's funny because on Any Questions last Saturday someone asked what could be done to stop violence at Soccer matches and they had some sort of eminent psychologist on who said, "More goals" and everyone sort of laughed nervously because he was clearly a nutter.

But obviously Manchester United listen to Radio 4 too and understood what he was getting at. Well done to them. The sort of Soccer match which can keep a Rugby fan entertained, even after 80 minutes is up, has to be applauded.

(Jolly well done to Chelsea too.)

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man U were unbelievable - I don't know what Lord Sir Ferg said to get a performance out of Darren Fletcher! Carrick's goals were great, and Roma were just completely lost after 20 minuted, all over. 7-1!

Glad chelsea are through (despite their fans, not inc. Physic, of course) and Liverpool should do something, so at least one English team in the final.

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Boy Racer
This man has no twinkie !
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord knows I'm not a fan of either side but those were two great results, different to the extent that I'm not sure which is the greater achievement, but both great nevertheless.

For all of us that think football should be entertaining I hope The Special One stays at Chelsea.

--------------------
Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light...

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even better than a 7-1 win or any of your poncing football news, last night I watched a fantastic return to form from the mighty Wigan as they literally whipped a victory out from under the noses of some subsequently disgruntled Yorkshire types. Hurrah!
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the full match report from the official Roma website, courtesy of Google Translate.

quote:
FIRST TIME Mister Spalletti lines up usual 4-2-3-1 with totti like only tip, Vucinic replaces blocked Taddei for a pain to the ginocchio. To the 3' Pizarro tries the shooting powerful from the 35 meters shooting that finishes to the right of Van Der Sar. Danger for the the 5 giallorossi to' Bravo Gifts that exit and block. The Rome leaves in contropiede Vucinic for panucci cross immediate but the English porter adorns to the flight. Right rasoterra of Totti from the limit ball that grazes the pole. To the 8' free Vucinic from Brown tries the shooting but it hits the ball badly. After 11' the Manchester passes in advantage assist of Ronaldo gas-bag of Carrick goal. Beautiful action of the giallorossi to the 15' asssist of Pizarro for Wilhelmsson that does not arrive to the football. To the 18' the Manchester marks the goal of the Ronaldo doubling supports for Smith who supports in door. Still an error of the defense giallorossa after neanche a minute the Manchester marks the third goal with Rooney served from Giggs. First reaction of the giallorossi with De Rossi that to the 21' grazes the pole. Mexes from the distance tries the shooting once again the ball grazes the pole. Still danger for the Rome to the 30' diagonal of ronaldo that it finishes to the Gift right. Cross di Totti for De Rossi in area that comes landed, the game continues. Splendid action of Totti to the 37' that with a heel blow serves Wilhelmsson that oakum malissimo. Punishment for the Manchester to 38' cannonata of Ronaldo ball which had, Gifts adorns to earth. Yellow Cartellino for Smith to the 40' for makes it on Chivu. Angle for the Red Devils, admonished Ferdinand, beaten again sudden decision of Carrick, Gifts adorns to earth. To the 43' Ronaldo marks the goal of 4-0. Punishment for the the 45 giallorossi to' conclusion of Totti rejects Van Der Sar. Two minuteren of recovery. The first time finishes 4-0. ACCORDING TO TIME The squares re-enter in field. No change in the formations. Cross di Giggs for Ronaldo Christian who to the 4' puts to sign the goal of 5-0. First change for Ferguson to the 7' enters Evra and exits Or' shea. Drawers stopped in fuorigioco to the 9' on wrap left. Vucinic from the limit to the 12' no problem tries the conclusion for Van Der Sar. First corner kick for the giallorossi sudden decision of Mancini removed ball from the defense of the Manchester. Still a corner for the Rome, ball on the line the United avoids the goal. Goal of the 6-0 to the 15' of the resumption with Carrick that pulls to the crossing of the poles. Substitution for Manchester enters Solskjaer and exits Giggs. Before beautiful action for the giallorossi to the 24' of the resumption, De Rossi puts to sign the first goal for the Rome turning to the flight the ball served from a cross of Totti. Third substitution for Ferguson who puts in Richardson field in place of Carrick. Yellow Cartellino for Drawers to the 31' of the st. To the 36' Evra marks the goal of 7-1. Yellow Cartellino for Mexes that the next season will jump first left of Champions League. Punishment for the Rome Totti us test from the distance van Der Sar blocks in two times. First change for Spalletti exits to the 41' De Rossi and to its place Faty enters. Still a substitution for the Rome to the 43' exits Wilhelmsson and enters Roses. Last change for the giallorossi enters Okaka and exits Mancini. Trew the recovery minuteren. Totti no problem tries the conclusion to the 46' for Van Der Sar. Punishment for the Rome Totti ball beaten again from the barrier. The game ends 7-1. The Rome has been eliminated from the Champions League.

--------------------
sweet

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Life On Mars...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Boy Racer
 - posted      Profile for Boy Racer           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See you in the TV thread then.

[ 11.04.2007, 05:07: Message edited by: Boy Racer ]

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry, that's just beautiful, man. I particularly like "Ronaldo gas-bag".

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Boy Racer
quote:
Substitution for Manchester enters Solskjaer and exits Giggs.
Was conjuring some interesting imagery for me.

--------------------

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Chelsea. I felt that the 'keeper should have had his near post covered, however the power of Essien's strike was critical. An amazing comeback.

[GrittedTeeth] The atmosphere at Old Trafford sounded exceptional throughout their demolition of Roma. Deafening. They played okay too. [/GrittedTeeth]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
[GrittedTeeth] The atmosphere at Old Trafford sounded exceptional throughout their demolition of Roma. Deafening. They played okay too. [/GrittedTeeth]

Another ABU I guess? Fear not, for you are not alone.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zygote:
Congratulations Chelsea. I felt that the 'keeper should have had his near post covered, however the power of Essien's strike was critical. An amazing comeback.

Looking at the replay the ball actually seems to bounce just before it gets to Canizares, he got down quickly but it then basically bobbled over his arm. Probably harsh on him after an exceptional display, but justice for Chelsea who were the only team looking to win it in normal time, second half.

Michael Essien really is the most unbelievable athlete, his stamina never fails to amaze me..

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
Another ABU I guess?

Isn't it ABC these days?

[ 11.04.2007, 06:55: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:
Another ABU I guess?

I'm just yet another very bitter Manchester City fan. It pained me greatly having to hold my hands up and admit that they played extremely well. I won't be going in my local for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
Looking at the replay the ball actually seems to bounce just before it gets to Canizares, he got down quickly but it then basically bobbled over his arm.

I've just seen it again and my comment is a little harsh. The ball does bobble. Pair that with the strength of the shot and I doubt that many 'keepers (except me - lololol) would have saved it.

[ 11.04.2007, 07:29: Message edited by: Zygote ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+