Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » Lotta new games eh? (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Lotta new games eh?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just spent a solid hour playing SHIFT with a G25 wheel on an xbox 360 in HMV Reading's shiny new game department. The handling hinted at realism, but wasn't even close to GTR:E, GT Legends and the like. Input lag was edivent by the fact that I would turn the wheel and wait around a quarter of a second before the on-screen wheel would update. The graphics looked realistic enough - particularly the car interiors, but even a pixel-perfect appearance wouldn't be worth much when sat atop a barely playable game.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
If you went for a meal and it was horrible you could legitimately refuse to pay for it

Only if you don't eat it first. Eating it then deciding that you don't like it doesn't work. 'But I only played Need for Speed: Shift for an hour!' you say. 'I have no access to reviews or the internet, I have no ability to weigh up a decision before I make it, and I don't know anybody who played the game!' You say. I don't know. This sounds like an inability to take any responsibility. You can't go into a cinema, watch a film for ten minutes, come out and decide that you want your money back because you didn't like it, but it looked good on the poster. You have to accept that at some point you paid your money and you took your chance.

It's like those dickheads who says things like "I want my three hours back" after watching Titanic. At what point are you responsible for your own actions?

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I mean I read reviews which seemed to suggest it was ok. So I bought it and discovered it's virtually unplayable, and also buggy and broken.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it's buggy, broken and unplayable then you should be able to get a refund. Better than selling it to one of your friends, no?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shift has brought quite a lot of grief to these boards.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People had high expectations after playing the developer's previous titles. You could say that the NFS in the title should have tipped us off that this was never going to be a masterpiece, but previews and even early reviews maintained that this was a real change of direction for the franchise (which I believe has now been split into three separate games). Still, I think I'll wait for GT5 and rFactor 2.

[ 21.09.2009, 09:01: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I need Thorn to start posting again or I'll think he's gone off on lunch, filled with woe that thinks he's upset someone.

'Poor little tyke, must of been hell for him growing up amongst the bigguns. So helpless. Like a baby. Now he thinks I'm making fun of him, instead of a reference to other questionable Lucas material'

More or less what happened except I was thinking "Ralph used to mock Mikee. Now Mikee think I'm like ralph. Like ralph"

So I suppose I wasn't really worried that your feelings had been hurt. I just didn't want peopel to think I was the same as ralph.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually if it's between my feelings or looking like ralph you can slap my thigh and call me a *****hake.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

I suggest calling anyone a *****hake actually. It's really therapeutic.

[ 21.09.2009, 09:25: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
oh, a *****hake. Tool me a second to work that out.
New Way Of Decay

Why is M I L K S censored darryn? [Confused]

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
Uncharted 2 looks like it's going to blow the fuck up. Mad positive vibes surrounding that game. Mad positive.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Why is M I L K S censored darryn? [Confused]

I'm Lactose intolerance.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncharted 2 does look very very good. Between that and Demon Souls, I would definitely be buying a PS3 if I hadn't recently had 90% of my console time stolen from me.
New Way Of Decay

I'm playing ODST tonight. I've got Borderlands and L4D2 on pre-order. Next month is gonna rock!

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
"Ralph used to mock Mikee."

No I didn't...or at least that wasn't my intent. But if that's how it came across, I'm sorry.

Sorry Mikee. [Frown]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ralph,

Did you see that we had our baby at home? I seem to remember you were big on home births so thought I would let you know that it is an ace thing to do (as you're probably aware)

MiscellaneousFiles

Hey Ralph! How's Brian doing these days?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
How's the house? Is it finished yet? Have you got any more pictures?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's mocking us.
Kanye West
TMO Member
good blast on odst last night. word is born - it's halo alright.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Hey ralph,

Did you see that we had our baby at home? I seem to remember you were big on home births so thought I would let you know that it is an ace thing to do (as you're probably aware)

Congratulations! I had not seen that you had had the baby. Well done. Boy or girl? Yes. Birthing at home is ace.

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Hey Ralph! How's Brian doing these days?

Brian is well. He converted the front of his home into an apartment and is renting it out to one of the lovely ladies in town.

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
How's the house? Is it finished yet? Have you got any more pictures?

No. We'll never finish it. Between paying for the original house mortgage and trying to finish the place, we decided we just can't swing it. We're currently looking for a home to rent (not having much luck thus far) and essentially abandoning our home(s) and property at the suggestion of my attorney (and about 20 others over the past 3 years). No more pictures I'm afraid.

quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
I think he's mocking us.

Could you *be* any more mistaken?
dang65
it's all the rage
Obama's just been given the Nobel Peace Prize, ralph. Maybe he could sub you a bit of his prize money ($1.4m - yes, million [Eek!] ).
Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah, lol, but I really like the look and feel of 'new mombasa' The new visor effect adds a lot to the atmosphere. I never really paid any attention to the story in halo 3, and I have even less idea about this one. I automatically tune out during cuts scenes in fps games.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
Brian is well. He converted the front of his home into an apartment and is renting it out to one of the lovely ladies in town.

Typical Brian!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obama's just been given the Nobel Peace Prize, ralph. Maybe he could sub you a bit of his prize money ($1.4m - yes, million [Eek!] ).

You seem surpised - but that's a prize for promoting world peace. It's only $0.4m more than you get for answering 12 trivia questions correctly.
Kanye West
TMO Member
You know, I'm not sure which maps from the multiplayer are really new, and which I just never bought as DLC for Halo 3, sorry.
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:

You seem surpised - but that's a prize for promoting world peace. It's only $0.4m more than you get for answering 12 trivia questions correctly.
They are fucking difficult questions though. I've never got past $30,000 on the machine in the pub, but I've successfully defended the world from space invaders on many occasions.
Kanye West
TMO Member
man I'm starting to get pumped for forza 3.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i've pre-ordered it, along with borderlands and call of duty mw 2. October 23rd is going to be fun
MiscellaneousFiles

Nobody can beat me around Curitiba in a Caterham CSR200. Nobody in the world.

Curiously, even though I'm #1, I still try harder.

ETA: Actually I'm sure Ringo could beat my time. It was a terribly scrappy lap to be honest, and after scrutinising the replay I can see a number of corners where I lost time. With a bit more concentration and practise, I should be able to knock another few tenths off.

[ 09.10.2009, 09:34: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
thanks for the information.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i'm terrible at computer games.
MiscellaneousFiles

Try adjusting your FOV.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Brutal Legend has just been given a 9/10 which is good and is coming out Friday.

This game has an absolutely astounding soundtrack including Motorhead, Ministry, Megadeth, Carcass, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, Prong, KMFDM, Slayer and loads more.

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+