Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Games » Lotta new games eh? (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Lotta new games eh?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm enjoying Forza so far!

I'll talk about the bad points because to try and cover all that's good about it would take forever:

I don't like the in-car view. The camera is fixed so you can't look around the interior, and there's a lack of good driver animation; the driver's hands don't move when shifting gears for instance. I'm also not sure that the interior of the car changes with upgrades you make to the car.

I was hoping for some slightly better destructable scenery - when you ram into a tyre wall at 150mph you'd expect it to move. Being able to knock cones around is ok but that's been in racing games for like, ever. Gran Turismo 5 for instance will have tyre walls which split apart and send tyres across the track when you hit them.

The car damage modelling is pretty basic. Doesn't seem any better than the first two games really. Graphics in general aren't really all that impressive. Some of the environments are noticeably better looking than Forza 2, but the car models don't really look any better and the lights on cars still look rubbish. There's also a lack of tyre smoke which I'm guessing is down to the fact the graphics are already approaching the limit of what the x360 is capable of so they've had to limit particle effects.

For all the talk of advanced physics and tyre deformation modelling etc, I don't think the handling really seems significantly better than Forza 2. I honestly don't think you'd notice the improved physics if they hadn't been pointed out to you.

There are too many 'tracks' which are just variations of individual circuits. There's a lot of fuss made about how there are so many tracks in the game, but I don't think there are that many at all. The 'rally' tracks are like, 10 'stages' on one long track so I feel a bit jewed that 20 odd of the tracks that the game claims to have, are really just 2 tracks. It's also a bit of a shame there aren't more varied environments and surfaces on which to race. There's no offroad racing and I've not experienced any weather effects or different times of day yet. These may be in the game though, I might just not have come across them yet.

The AI is not especially good for some reason. There are some tracks early on where the AI cars take certain corners so slowly that if you're approaching at speed you're almost guaranteed to hit one of them while trying to scrub off speed. This was a bit of a problem in the old Forza games too. Things like chicanes and tight S bends really seem to flummox the AI and it feels a little bit broken. It's fine on faster tracks, but on the tighter ones it can be a bit frustrating. I have it on the hardest AI setting as well so I'd hate to think how bad it would be on the easy setting.

But despite these niggly issues, it's still a brilliant racing game. I'm just not sure it's really delivering on the hype, and Turn 10 have been a bit 'inventive' when talking about the amazing features of the game.

Ringo

So I saw a few people were playing Borderlands at the weekend, and was wondering if it's any good/worth getting?
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you wouldn't like it. There's only one car with limited physics, and lara croft doesn't feature.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
presumably you've already read what I wrote about the game on this very thread a week ago.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Borderlands today so will be up for some multiplayer at some stage if anyone else wants to.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
presumably you've already read what I wrote about the game on this very thread a week ago.

No, sorry, I was so preoccupied with Forza at the time I didn't bother reading anything which wasn't directly related to motorsport. But now I think I'm prepared to take an interest in other games again.
Kanye West
TMO Member
at least you're honest.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I bought Borderlands today so will be up for some multiplayer at some stage if anyone else wants to.

I'm definately on tonight.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've started a soldier, got to level 11 and decided that I probably should have made a hunter and am considering restarting.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I've played to level 30 with a solider.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I've just hit level 20 with Brick. He's much more fun than a soldier because he makes funny noises when he berserks.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I prefer soldier because of how badass he can be with a shotgun.

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+