Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday again,, let's have an inane banter thread (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17 

Author Topic: Friday again,, let's have an inane banter thread
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm good at inane.

Well, what's your week been like? What's everyone doing this weekend?

I've had a good week. Half-term and the lass and grandson have been up. Played around a lot. They left and I have messed about for two days making teaching resources to sell and am well chuffed with myself. And being on here, which is fun if I am going to stay in on the computer. Now about to unpack the suitcase full of marking I should have been doing and cry for a while.

I have to moan about my job; it's obligatory for teachers, but I admit; this week it has been my own fault for not cracking on with it! Those resources I made were well sweet, though, if I say so myself.

As for the weekend, I'm getting my hair done. That's about it. God my life is exciting.

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not a bad week, been out a bit, did the BUG night on tuesday. cinema tonight, early dario argento on at the nft. Then some beers. No other plans. maybe more cinema, play through Condemned on the xbox. gym. rotting.

[ 30.05.2008, 07:13: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting a new central heating system fitted! We will finally have hot water again, after nine months with none.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be going to see SATC tonight (had to turn down gig tickets to Reverend and the Makers as a result, but had already promised best pal that I'd accompany her).

I will be getting hair done tomorrow morning.

I will be generally fart-arsing about most of the weekend, interspersed with bouts of eating and drinking.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

sam
TMO Member
You smelly sod.

ETA Misc not hippychick

[ 30.05.2008, 07:15: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheers, sam. i know i cycled to work today, but i had a shower when i got here, dammit!

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

sam
TMO Member
Hippy, what you having done?

I am having it cut short, lightened and highlights. Going for that summer look.

I hate hate having it done though. I always get a hypo half way through too, it takes so damn long, and go all wobbly before I realise and eat, so they all think I'm a right batty cow.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sam:
You smelly sod.

A lack of hot water does not preclude the possibility of washing, Sam.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weekend I will be mostly fixing my car for the millionth time, and fitting its lovely new wheels.

Today is a funny day, because we're moving offices over the weekend. Everything's all bare and packed away, it's like when you were a kid on the last day of term before the summer holidays where all the pictures have been taken down and you're all just sitting around playing Mouse Trap and Screwball Scramble. Except I'm still kind of expected to do work.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week has been awful. I can't wait for 4.30.

This weekend.

Squash on Saturday morning followed by cake baking to replenish calories burnt through exercise.

Drinks perhaps? It would seem rude not to.

Sunday. Hopefully nothing. Xbox I guess. If anyone is around perhaps some Halo? Perhaps I should put this on another thread so as to not ruin this one with gaming talk.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
I will be going to see SATC tonight

You're a traitor to the sisterhood.
sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
You smelly sod.

A lack of hot water does not preclude the possibility of washing, Sam.
I know, but don't pretend you can get into all the intimate bits with a wet flannel. ugh.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
jimmy, you sound too active to be rotting. Unless there's something you are not telling us. That bug thing looks cool. It's when I see stuff like that that I realise I am provincial.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
This week has been awful. I can't wait for 4.30.
If anyone is around perhaps some Halo? Perhaps I should put this on another thread so as to not ruin this one with gaming talk.

sounds good. Or COD. Or RSV/2. Or anything!
Zygote
TMO's Member
 - posted      Profile for Zygote           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been a hectic week at work as two people have been off for the past fortnight, which has meant us juggling their jobs between us. Not doing much this weekend. Got some nice pork in the fridge that's been soaking in Worcestershire sauce all night. Should go down nicely with a couple of bottles of wine later. Probably watch whatever shit's on TV, or finish watching the final disc of the latest series of 24.

Unless sunshine is in evidence on Saturday or Sunday, this is likely to be the plan for the rest of the weekend. Not very exciting, but I'm 'getting old' and don't really mind lounging around getting drunk and not doing a great deal.

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished decorating the back bedroom in our house. That room had been derelict and crumbling since we moved in, but now it's so nice that we have a violent, six-way family feud going on to decide who's going to move in to it. (It was supposed to be a spare room for visitors.) I've taken to standing outside the door with a baseball bat. Apart from when I'm at work.

If you think that's dull, wait for this... The other day I bought one of those bicycle chain cleaning gadgets they sell in Halfords. I've never tried one before, but I used it last night, along with some proper bike lubricant, and I can report that they are excellent and performance was greatly improved on the ride in this morning. Though I may have been imagining that.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
sounds good. Or COD. Or RSV/2. Or anything!

You have fun playing those games that I don't own then [Frown]
Ringo

I need to give my bike some serious maintenance at some point, I just keep forgetting. The brakes are pretty much totally worn away, and the sprockets and chain etc are all absolutely caked in filth. The other day I had it pointed out to me that I had a foot long piece of branch stuck on the spokes of my rear wheel that I hadn't noticed because it was camauflaged in the filth.

My bike's had a hard life. It might be getting close to retirement.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Standard week here, no biggie.

Millie got a new tooth so Femke's not had much sleep as is a bit cranky, so tonight I'll probably be left to myself while she aways to bed early and I'll probably end up watching Jumper or I'm Not There - Ruminations on the life of Bob Dylan while drinking Spendrups and wondering where all the Cougars were when I was a lad (Thanks Jpod)

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
I know, but don't pretend you can get into all the intimate bits with a wet flannel. ugh.

Thanks for the concern, but it's been fine really. Using a kettle and four hobs worth of large pans, a hot bath can be drawn in under an hour - although I accept it's probably not a hugely efficient method. In addition, friends and family have been kind enough to offer the use of their facilities.
sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:

Thanks for the concern, but it's been fine really. Using a kettle and four hobs worth of large pans, a hot bath can be drawn in under an hour - although I accept it's probably not a hugely efficient method. In addition, friends and family have been kind enough to offer the use of their facilities.
I know. But go on. Tell me I got to you. I did, didn't I?

-

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

MiscellaneousFiles

Yes, I felt very hurt.

Anyway, we managed to save a whopping £4,000 off the price British Gas quoted.

sam
TMO Member
Enough for a small extension. [Smile]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Week so far:
A game of two halves. First half in Utrecht, singing, wandering around with choir, getting drunk and making new pals. Ace. Second half back at work, for which I have absolutely no enthusiasm, and looking for new job. Professional self-esteem at all-time low - will buck myself up with cheering words from mart on other thread. Also have to think about big things: adoption, house falling down, being nice to new niece, being nice to dementia-spiralling parents... heavy.

Weekend: first one at home for a few weeks, so a heady mix of dinner parties, wet barbeques, DIY, applying for jobs, gym, yoga, pruning bush (fnook), sitting about reading papers, doing sex.

Ringo

So pretty much everyone goes to a gym now eh?

I might join one

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a member of a gym, which isn't the same as actually going on anything other than a sporadic basis. Maybe once a week...
Ringo

See I'd love to think I'd be able to join a gym and go several times a week but I just don't think I could muster the effort. At least cycling to work has a purpose. But perhaps now I'm not such a fat sack of failure, I could go to the gym and actually enjoy it.

I really need to put some muscle on my upper body and my arms. It's ridiculous, I'm weak as a child.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the hungovers.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They know what causes those now Matt.
Ringo

You'd know, S
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you put that window through whilst on a hangover, ralph?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a member of a gym for ages. £40 a month to go on a running machine and do press ups. In an underground room, surrounded by noise, people and shit house music.
These days I cycle to work, do press ups or swim in the local Lido when I want exercise. Most of it outside (not the press ups, I don't want to look like a total dick). It's a far less depressing experience.
What I'm saying is Ringo, save your £40 a month and spend it on cakes or fags (not those fags Ralph) and do exercise outside.

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
See I'd love to think I'd be able to join a gym and go several times a week but I just don't think I could muster the effort. At least cycling to work has a purpose. But perhaps now I'm not such a fat sack of failure, I could go to the gym and actually enjoy it.

I really need to put some muscle on my upper body and my arms. It's ridiculous, I'm weak as a child.

Canoeing. Great for the upper body and better scenery than a gym.

PS There didn't look too much wrong with our body in the last pic of you. [Smile]

[ 30.05.2008, 08:31: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Did you put that window through whilst on a hangover, ralph?

No.
Samuelnorton
"that nazi guy"
 - posted      Profile for Samuelnorton           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Past week has been spent editing website copy by day, rearranging furniture (still, a month after we moved in) by night.

The new TV should be arriving tonight, and the high-tech stand (which is almost as much as a new TV) should be arriving on Monday.

I'm then going to be able to concentrate on the crucial matter of a new car purchase. After virtually destroying my current car as a result of ferrying plant pots, compost, garden tools and that sort of shit (note to all: never get involved with a gardening nut) I have concluded that it might be a good idea to get two cars, one just for "us" and another for ferrying other people and assorted garden waste. Not at the same time, of course.

The first is going to be expensive, loved and pampered; the second is going to be like the ugly twin, run into the ground with a boot covered in compost and rotting leaves.

The big decision is what to get for the "us" car. It's between a Merc SLK 200 and a BMW Z4 2.2 at the moment... Ringo, any opinions?

--------------------
"You ate the baby Jesus and his mother Mary!"
"I thought they were animal cookies..."

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+