Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » if you have a soft drink from like a newsagents or something, what do you have (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: if you have a soft drink from like a newsagents or something, what do you have
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
ginger beer is possibly the gayest drink ever created.

Cream Soder is way gayer than Ginger Beer. You're just getting confused because its name contains the word beer which naturally makes you think of beer, but it obviously isn't actual beer so you assume it must be gay. But you probably also think Budweiser is beer so you might as well just duck out of this conversation right now.

Anyway Cream Soder is some pretty tasty stuff, if you go in for ridiculously sugary things. You get it in pink and silver cans over here - which give a fair clue to its gayness. They sell it about eight feet below my kitchen, but I tend to get it for free, if I decide to. I'm not gay though. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
 -

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ralph,
In what way, exactly, is Ginger Beer gay? I'd be interested to know how a challenging, spicy, manly, soft drink such as Ginger Beer could be construed as 'gay'.
Are you sure you're not projecting yourself onto Ginger Beer? The only link between Ginger Beer and Gay that I could find would be it's usage in cockney rhyming slang. "He's a bit Ginger" - Ginger Beer - Queer. Other than that I think Ginger Beer's heterosexuality is pretty well safely assured. Unless you know otherwise.
yours respectfully
McD.
x

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
But you probably also think Budweiser is beer so you might as well just duck out of this conversation right now.

I resent that. My first wifes father worked for an accounting firm that had Budweiser as a client. I had access to all the free Bud I wanted -- bottles, cans, kegs even. All I had to do was ask. I never took a sinlge drop of free Bud. You've got it all wrong, Misc.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
x

lol.

good to have you back, mate.

and ginger beer isn't that popular in my country. but I knew a man who drank it regularly. and he was gay. hence the connection.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes if I am hungover I have a coke, but other then that my soft beverage expenditure is pretty much zero. I rarely stray beyond tap water, coffee and booze.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a life-long Diet Coke addiction, I've recently been substituting squash - usually Apple & Blackcurrant. Mmm, squash made with ice-cold water.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fucking love tap water.
It's great value and good for the figure.

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might also like to try adding ice and lemon to tap water as a bit of a treat – delicious!

I like tea as well, but I forget to drink it very often. Earl Grey for preference.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend never used to drink ginger beer, but now she she is pregnant which is pretty much the ultimate show of heterosexuality for a woman (the ultimate show of heterosexuality for a man is punching a bear) she absolutely loves the stuff.

Proof that ginger beer is straight and that ralph is probably gay.

McDirts
TMO Member
Ralph secretly wants to bum Ginger Beer. Dirty aluminium man-can sex, that's what floats his boat. He sickens me.
McDirts
TMO Member
yet excites me.
ralph

it's all probably true, although I'll never know for certain because I refuse to share my feelings with my therapist. so we make no real progress, except she gets richer and I poorer. [Frown]
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice tea is what I tend to drink - yummy stuff. Gotta have bubbles though.

I think I need some now actually - just sat through a one hour telephone interview with the HR person for this prospective employer. Whilst the technical interview with the people I am going to work with went ace last week, having some HR Person in the UK pull apart every single job I have ever had has kind of put me off balance, and I don't know if I am in the running any more - wonder what vodka in Ice Tea tastes like? [Frown]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink jasmine tea or maybe sencha for a quick pick me up. Then I punch myself in the face a few times as a punishment for being so fucking smug.
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ribena

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coke all the way. But I have been experimenting with Coke Zero recently. It's 'okay'.

Creme Soda in Southern Africa is green. No drink should ever be green. It's quite nice for a hangover though.

-

--------------------
supa scrub

McDirts
TMO Member
did Ralph say what he drinks?
Alphonse De Bum's Bum Juice or something suitably heterosexual I presume.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love this Guarana Antarctica that I get from Taj for £1.40 for 2 cans. It's a basil and guarana drink and it is great.

-

missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
No drink should ever be green.

That is not true - limeade is the drink of champions, though it's hard to get full fat stuff anymore.

Best ever fizzy drinks are the limeade and red kola in glass bottles from barr, that I used to get when I lived in Glasgow. They were good with vodka, or by themselves, and you got about 20p a bottle when you took them back to be recycled, so they were good when you were skint.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yorkshire Tea. I say, Yorkshire Tea.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
did Ralph say what he drinks?

Don't think I did.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night I dreamed that BM and I went to a Harry Potter theme park and did loads of coke. It was pretty good.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph drinks Rockstar Energy Drinks
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ben:
Yorkshire Tea. I say, Yorkshire Tea.

I started drinking this a while ago and told my mum in passing whilst going around a supermarket that I liked it a lot but it was quite expensive, so I then bought a different brand instead.

As part of my wrapped and labelled Christmas presents she gave me two 80-bag boxes [Smile]

--------------------

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Ralph drinks Rockstar Energy Drinks

I've never had an energy drink. Ten bucks to the first person who guesses ralph's fizzy drink preference.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Dandelion and Burdock. I reckon ralph is gay enough to rock Dandelion and Burdock.
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We always have Yorkshire Tea too, the hard water one, it's great.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Pepper? It's much misunderstood, I gather. A bit like ralph.

[ 08.04.2009, 07:07: Message edited by: herbs ]

ralph

No to CiH and herbs. Although I am greatly misunderstood.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
7Up (licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers; available in a multitude of flavored, diet, and fortified varieties)[6] Ale-8-One (a ginger-and-fruit drink distributed mostly in Kentucky with a cult following in the central part of that state. Commonly pronounced "A Late One")[7] A&W Root Beer and A&W cream soda, originally distributed by the A&W drive-in restaurant chain. (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7 Up, Inc. to local bottlers)[8] Bawls Barq's (the only major American root beer with caffeine in most locations; Coca-Cola Company). Big Red Blenheim Ginger Ale (a particularly strong ginger ale, bottled by Blenheim Bottlers, Hamer, South Carolina) Boylan Bottling Company (Produces a variety of sodas like Birch beer, Sugar Cane Cola and Root beer). Bubble Up A lemon-lime soda similar to 7Up but predates 7up by eight years. Still produced by The Monarch Beverage Company C & C Cola (a cola brand distributed as a regular grocery item rather than stocked by the bottling company's local drivers) Cactus Cooler (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Cheerwine (cherry flavored drink - mainly North Carolina) Chek (line of soft drinks - affiliated with Winn-Dixie) Chucker (discontinued line of flavored soda formerly made in Connellsville, Pennsylvania) Apple cider in the USA, cider is a non-alcoholic carbonated apple-flavoured drink Coca-Cola (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company) Country Time (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Cream soda (often a vanilla-flavored soft drink) (Traditional soft drink) Crush (Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc.) Dad's Root Beer (The Monarch Beverage Company, Atlanta, GA) Delaware Punch (grape-flavored, non-carbonated, limited availability) Diet Rite (diet cola licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up's R.C. unit to local bottlers) dnL (caffeinated lemon-lime soda similar to Mountain Dew, from Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc. Note dnL turned upside down reads "7up") Double Cola (regional cola brand based in Chattanooga, Tennessee) Dr. Brown's (A popular brand of root beer, cream soda etc. in the New York City region. It is popular in Jewish delicatessens around the United States.) Dr Enuf (vitamin-fortifed lemon-lime drink available in northeast Tennessee, parts of Florida, and possibly elsewhere) Dr Pepper (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Fanta (German Coca-COla company) Faygo (line of soft drinks) Fitz's (root beer and other classic sodas bottled in a microbrewery/restaurant in St. Louis, MO, distributed to certain grocery stores around the country) Fresca (grapefruit soda) (Coca-Cola Company) Frostie (root beer, cream, and fruit-flavored sodas, Frostop (root beer and cream soda) Ginger ale (Traditional soft drink) Grapico (Grape soft drink primarily available in Alabama) Gray's (line of soft drinks) Green River Hawaiian Punch (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Hires Root Beer (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Iron Beer (supposedly the National Beverage of Cuba, this beverage is consumed by Cubans in Miami, and has been around since 1917. A rare product to find, even in Cuba.) Jolt Cola (made with double caffeine, hence the "jolt" name) Jones Soda (made with pure cane sugar and known for odd flavors including "candy corn" for Halloween and "turkey and dressing" for Thanksgiving) Josta First US Energy Drink, aka Josta with Guarana Manhattan Special (espresso soda) Minute Maid (soft drink only) (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company) Mello Yello (lemon-lime, similar to Mountain Dew) (The Coca-Cola Company) Mountain Dew (licensed by PepsiCo) Moxie (the first American mass produced soft drink, primarily available in Maine) Mug Root Beer (licensed by PepsiCo) Nehi (Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc.) OK Soda (a discontinued test drink from The Coca-Cola Company with a small cult following) Old Town (line of soft drinks) Orange Whip (defunct fountain beverage) Orbitz Patriot's Choice (Cola) Pepsi (licensed by PepsiCo) Pibb Xtra (formerly known as Mr. Pibb) (Coca-Cola Company) Point Premium Root Beer (Sold primarily in Wisconsin) (Stevens Point Brewery) President's Choice (Cola) R.C. Cola (Cola) (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7 Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Red Rock Cola RESQ powerdrink Refresco Goya (Goya Foods line of soft drinks for the US Hispanic market) Root beer (Traditional soft drink) Route 66 Sodas, LLC (produces a variety including Route 66 Route Beer, Orange, Lime and Cream Soda). Safeway Select (Safeway brand drink) Sam's Choice (Wal-Mart brand drink) Sarsaparilla soda (Traditional soft drink) Schweppes Ginger Ale (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Shasta (Cola) Sierra Mist (lemon-lime, similar to 7Up and Sprite) (PepsiCo) Ski (made by Double-Cola co. Mainly in western Ky. similar to Mountain Dew.) Slice (orange soft drink) (PepsiCo) Sour Power (sold only on tap in bars primarily for mixing cocktails) (Coca-Cola Company) Sprecher (traditional beverages) Squirt (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Stewart's Fountain Classics Sun Drop (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Sunkist (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) Sunny Select ( sold at Save Mart Supermarkets/Lucky (No. Cal)/Food Maxx/Food Source) SunnyD (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)[9] Tab (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company) Teem Soda Towne Club (defunct Detroit-based line of inexpensive soft drinks once sold in franchise stores) Vault (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company) Vess (a line of soft drinks primarily available in the Greater St. Louis area) Vernors Ginger Ale (the first American soft drink, licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers, primarily available in Michigan) Welch's (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers) White Rock (traditional beverages) zink pop(licensed by Doc Martin) cherry mixed w/ lime soft drink, noncarbonated
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Now where's my ten bucks?
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
who'd have predicted that this thread would be so successful the second time around?

[ 08.04.2009, 07:25: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Now where's my ten bucks?

you only get one guess. AND IT WAS WRONG.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
Ten bucks to the first person who guesses ralph's fizzy drink preference.

No mentions of how many guesses are available. Can't change the rules. Pay up Beardy McBeard.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I'm getting the feeling another disco's cheese olympics is imminently on the cards.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+