Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » if you have a soft drink from like a newsagents or something, what do you have (Page 4)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: if you have a soft drink from like a newsagents or something, what do you have
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
No mentions of how many guesses are available. Can't change the rules. Pay up Beardy McBeard.

It was implied. And I'll have to double check, but I don't think the correct answer was in your post anyway.
ralph

The correct answer was indeed in that post. That's quite the thorough source of American soft drinks you found...
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can paypal it to me.

[ 08.04.2009, 07:47: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

ralph

done!
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At todays exchange rate that will come out at about £6.80! I'm going to spend that on booze.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
It doesn't seem to be in there ralph. Perhaps it's a delay in banking?
ralph

I'll look into it.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO WHAT IS IT?

Ice Boyz Frozen Ass Slushies?
Twitchin' Cock Juice?
Amyl Nitrate?

ralph

You'll have to ask CiH. He knows. [Roll Eyes]
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't actually think of a single topic less interesting than Ralph's favourite soft drink. Not one.
ralph

My favorite crisps?
ralph

[ 08.04.2009, 08:14: Message edited by: ralph ]

ralph

[ 08.04.2009, 08:14: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
Creme Soda in Southern Africa is green. No drink should ever be green. It's quite nice for a hangover though.

Fun fact here Squeegy. My better half is ACTUALLY southern african without the pitch bent voice because when she came to england she was all like 'pip pip what ho' and doesn't have the accent.

Anyway so she still loves some of the South African food like boerewors, biltong, cheese nik naks, grape Fanta and yes, Sparletta green cream soda and the deadly fish paste. In fact, for this easter weekend I might treat her to a bit of meat (lol, squeek etc) and go to Snoggy's on Upper Richmond Street.

[ 08.04.2009, 08:16: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
My favorite crisps?

Are you sure you're American?
ralph

Yes. Born in the US of A. But rumor has it that I descend from Hungarian royalty. On my father's side.
ralph

Coke. The correct answer was Coke.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
last night I dreamed that BM and I went to a Harry Potter theme park and did loads of coke. It was pretty good.

Strangely, I feel inexplicably tired today...

--------------------
sweet

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, Harry Potter theme park. That's a good idea, right?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really. Theme parks must take decades to recoup their losses, and probably take nearly as long to get off the ground. Pottermania will be long gone before you're anywhere near clearing a profit, and your theme park is going to look like old hat even as you're cutting the tape on the first day. Plus regardless of how well (badly) you're doing you're going to be constantly handing over wodges of cash to Warner Bros, Bloomsbury, Daniel Radcliffe etc etc. It'd be like being in bed with the mob. Long after you've gassed yourself in your garage, saddling your family with the debts, economists will be referring to the resultant pile of rusting carts and half-painted dodgems as 'Benway's Folly'.

At best, you could probably justify a Harry Potter ride somewhere, or maybe a themed subsection of an existing theme park. That might just pay for the licensing costs and would probably boost attendance to an existing venture, as long as it could be reconfigured to something else when the hype fades away.

[ 08.04.2009, 09:48: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Testing.. Testing.. IS the internet still working? My paypal account still seems empty which is confusing as ralph says he sent the money.

I'm pretty sure he isn't one to go back on a bet.

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Anyway so she still loves some of the South African food like boerewors, biltong, cheese nik naks, grape Fanta and yes, Sparletta green cream soda and the deadly fish paste.

She has excellent taste. Everything on that list is awesome. Even the deadly fish paste.

--------------------
supa scrub

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
blah blah 'Benway's Folly' blah blah hype fades away.

Yes but you could have a whole theme park, devoted to Harry Potter! Think about it. It would be a smash. Harry Potter this, Harry Potter that. Buy a wizard's hat. Eat a muggleburger. Amazing!

[ 08.04.2009, 09:58: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tested it with our captive kiddie drones. You're looking at a 76% approval rating here, it's a go-er. Do it.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
PotterWorld - where magic comes ALIIIIIIIVE!
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
Perhaps throw in a 'Freakonomics' ride for mum and dad.

[ 08.04.2009, 10:02: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Mask and Benway - book your flights and cocaine now.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
Lord above. I only mentioned it like 5 hours ago! These people have no shame.
Thorn Davis

They nicked my idea about building it into an existing theme park, too. Scum.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
they should do like a london dungeons thing, but based on recent serial killers. That would be rad. You go round and see recreations of bundy raping / killing college girls, Fred and Rose West torturing the genitals of their dying daughter, Shipman calmly administering a fatal injection. When does it become 'too soon' for that kind of thing?
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
They nicked my idea about building it into an existing theme park, too. Scum.

To be fair though, I did have this idea in a dream, so logic and economic rationalism didn't really come into it. It's not like the bit later on with the Japanese hooker was even physically possible, but you know, dreams tend to be that way. The fine details aren't necessarily worked out.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
a 'Skins' log flume?
Thorn Davis

They should do a Kafkaworld one, where all the staff talk in circles, and you're gradually caught up in an incomprehensible system beyond your control, aware only of mounting paranoia powerlessness and despair as your sanity unravels.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
isn't that thorpe park?
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
did I stevie that?

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+