Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » how's your week looking? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: how's your week looking?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me: Alright, no real plans. Trying to save money. Need to get some food though. Maybe tonight. Might have a drink on thursday. Expecting delivery of 4 x AA rechargable batteries at some point.

Work outlook is alright. Did a bit of this bastard UAT on friday, and this morning I only had two emails, both of which I can safely ignore. Sweet.

Egg bagette for breakfast. Not too tired. A good enough start to the week.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might order a couple of those free Wii remote sleeves from Nintendo.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of ordering the xbox360 wireless adaptor, £45 on ebay or £59 on amazon. It's another step in getting my home, network cable free, getting rid of wires makes me happier by approx 2 points per wire. Also it's another step towards moving my xbox out of the lounge and into what americans would probably call "The Den" although to do this I have to spend more £££ on a LCD TV. Which I can't commit to at the moment, but probably will before christmas.

Anyhow, I'm comfortably busy, just getting to the phlegmy end of a cold and hopefully out of it by midweek. Did a bit of DIY at the weekend which makes me feel as if I have been productive which also gives me a small boost.

Breakfast was Rice Crispies Multigrain, some grapes, a glass of water. Not feeling too tired, had a shave, so far OK.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to clean my flat as I have guests coming the weekend again - place is an absolute tip, so will need to have a good sesh to get it straight.

Hopefully finally have some work lined up - said guests have asked me to tour with them, so 4 weeks on the road taking in Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Holland - should be fun.

Breakfast was a full English on board the Stena Hollandica in the North Sea - nice.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work mainly involving being let down by one set of people, and consequently being told off by another set.

Leisure mainly involving rehearsing for concert in Royal Festival Hall, in front of TEH QUEEN, and searching for an orange top which is required wear for sopranos. Does an orange top exist that is not vile?

Domestic chores mainly involve finishing laying the bathroom floor - ie all the difficult bits around the lav and radiator pipes.

Breakfast mainly involves skinny latte and bran muffin.

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Leisure mainly involving rehearsing for concert in Royal Festival Hall, in front of TEH QUEEN, and searching for an orange top which is required wear for sopranos.

When is this thing? Will you be on the telly for us all to watch? How long will you be singing for?

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

herbs

'Tis tomorrow night. I don't think it's on the telly, and even if it was I'll be one of 600 singers, and thus a mere dot. With that many people, though, you'll probably be able to hear us, even from Oxford. I believe there are tickets, but they're £55. Madness.

[ 08.10.2007, 08:37: Message edited by: herbs ]

Nathan Bleak
It's all grist to the mill
 - posted      Profile for Nathan Bleak           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be in Edinburgh tomorrow night, so I probably won't be able to hear you from there. 600 people, though. Jesus. Sounds like it'll be spectacular. Good luck.

[ 08.10.2007, 08:51: Message edited by: Nathan Bleak ]

--------------------
Now that you've called me by name?

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] yay herbs! i joined a choir yesterday. vurreh vurreh exciting. we are starting totally from scratch, we dont even have a conductor yet. we have a lovely old man called stan who plays the joanna, a beatles songbook, a joanna for stan and a tea urn- so exciting. and what i am most excited about is that we are aiming to do choral versions of bristolian music, starting with 'teardrop' by massive attack, which could be 15 different kinds of awesome. i dont think stan knows it- he strikes me as more of a fan of tricky's late90-'s skunkweed- period work, really- i think hes a but im sure if we hum it to him enough times he can knock out a decent approximation.

my week: choir practise, volunteering, gradually building 16 hours per week of study into my routine, cake and tea with friend and friend's offspring, finishing my first ever knitted sock. same old, same old, really.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

herbs

yay DD! Have you heard of a Bristol-based acapella group called Naked Voices? They totally rock. Each member has an amazing voice, and together they sound like a whole new bunch of instruments, not even voices. Rilly grate. They did a version of that famous Portishead tune you could check out... ETA Glorybox. That's it.

I've got a CD with it on. If you like I could copy-n-send.

[ 08.10.2007, 09:43: Message edited by: herbs ]

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i havent. they sound tops.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
that would be awesome. i will mail you my address but not today as i am about to get chucked off the libry computers.

--------------------

herbs

listen here
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you're going to have a shit day when you open your car door and about a pint of water runs off the roof and lands in the driver's seat.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to move to Stockholm tomorrow, permanently. I've discovered that by taking a very firm stiff-upper-lip, close-yr-eyes-to-terror, not-thinking-about-it approach I've managed to not panic or even really care about it very much at all. Hurrah!
London

Also: I haven't even started packing. I mean, how do you pack for something like that? You can't, can you.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
I'm going to move to Stockholm tomorrow, permanently.

LOL

Good for you.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you going to change your username?
Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stockholm is lovely. But cold.

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Permanently !

Really, like forever-ever ?

I loved Stockholm I really did, kinda expensive I thought and my flat was pokey but it was beautiful and I'd go back in a heartbeat..

What about your London pied a terre, will you be keeping it on ?

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

herbs

Why are you going to Sweden? Do you like herring? And those funny berry things?
dance margarita
TMO Member
permanently? you didnt say that in the blurb about your leaving party. i would have magabus'ed it down if you had [Frown]

still, i bet they still sell lingonberry juice in the swedish ikeas. on that basis alone, i dont blame you for burning your boats.

[ 09.10.2007, 07:50: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------

wonderstarr
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for wonderstarr           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesnt Infinite Jones live in Stockholm.

It's funny typing out that name! I wanted to put "Indigo" or something.

--------------------
pudgy little saucepot

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wonderstarr:
Doesnt Infinite Jones live in Stockholm.

It's funny typing out that name! I wanted to put "Indigo" or something.

I think that was 'allegedly' Rotterdam, but I forget..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

wonderstarr
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for wonderstarr           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lo-ho-hol that's appropriate be- bec ha ha-hause he was a dam rotter! lol

--------------------
pudgy little saucepot

London

I'm keeping the London flat on - my sister's boyfriend is moving in and paying the mortgage. So probably not permanently forever permanently. But for a bit, yeah. Fancied a change, &c.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 09.10.2007, 11:29: Message edited by: SilverGinger5 ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wonderstarr:
lo-ho-hol that's appropriate be- bec ha ha-hause he was a dam rotter! lol

quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
I think that was one of the least funny and stupidest things of 2007.

Heh.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I only edited it because I thought maybe wonderstarr had taken it seriously and I don't want to upset anyone [Frown]
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pussy
Brian Munich
 - posted      Profile for Brian Munich           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did car park duties on Sunday for a local thing. They gave me a big yellow jacket, a hot chocolate in a foam cup and an egg and bacon bap. Not a bad start to the week that. You get a little power trip with a lovely warm-milk belly.

I'm looking forward to that new show with Alec Baldwin on Thursday (I think). And I want to hunt down a sort of funky-folk version of Brickhouse I heard last night. Lady singing. I'm making it a challenge. I'm going to do it without google. The old fashioned way. With a moustache.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's the work on ralph's house going, Brian?
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+