Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » satan (secret) (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: satan (secret)
Keef
That, was liquid chate
 - posted      Profile for Keef           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Go on then. Make up a number.

8.3 (recurring)

Although I think someone might have thought of that one already.

I'm glad to be doing secret santana again, they'll probably do one at work but it's not the same. Last year at my previous job we weren't allowed to do one due to a few non-pc presents the previous year. It was even brought up as evidence in an industrial tribunal FFS!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll join in if you like, though I am particularly crap at buying presents, but if you will consider the thought that counts, then maybe I can join. Plus as I normally don't really get any presents at christmas that will be a nice change.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  • Darryn
  • Herbs
  • Hippy
  • Keef
  • London [Cool]
  • Missgolightly
  • Mart
  • Physic
  • Sam
  • Waynster

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
I've done it twice, and no-one has ever turned up on my doorstep, set upon ravishing my person. [disappointed]

You weren't home [Frown]

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll give it a go this year. But the post takes ages to get anywhere from here. And it goes through South Africa so theres always the chance someone will nick the package. Ummm... But Im still keen.

--------------------
supa scrub

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do it again - I'm pretty confident in my gift-giving ability, as long as the recipient doesn't mind that it is late. We can never make those International deadlines*.

*This is of course because of all the thought and research I put into the package.

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't a clue what I could bring to the mix, but I'd be down...

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keef:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mart:
[qb] non-pc presents ... an industrial tribunal FFS!

tmo will have to have one of those in the new year, I suspect.

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It was even brought up as evidence in an industrial tribunal FFS!

Surely 'FFS' here depends on what the present was and who it was given to. For example, if someone bought a black colleague a bunch of bananas, a spear, and a book about gorillas with "Say hi to your grandad for me" scrawled on the inside front cover, using it as evidence in a tribunal would probably be fair enough.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless the book was given by a Christian extremist, wanting to highlight what they perceive as the idiocy of Darwinism..
jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 21.07.2020, 16:18: Message edited by: jnhoj ]

sam
TMO Member
I believe the post there is safer and speedier than via South Africa.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Keef
That, was liquid chate
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
It was even brought up as evidence in an industrial tribunal FFS!

Surely 'FFS' here depends on what the present was and who it was given to. For example, if someone bought a black colleague a bunch of bananas, a spear, and a book about gorillas with "Say hi to your grandad for me" scrawled on the inside front cover, using it as evidence in a tribunal would probably be fair enough.
Fair point. The two presents in question were a mousemat with built in wrist rest and a mobile phone holder. The non-pc element was the wrist rest was a pair of t1ts and the phone holder was a c0ck. The people who received them were not offended, the rest of the department also saw the funny side. Only when a particular employee was asked to leave under less than amicable terms did she make the complaint to the company. Good job she wasn't around a couple of years previous when someone was given a tube of thrush cream with the message "Because you're an irritating ****".
vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joke or not, that both of those 'gifts' strike me as particularly inappropriate in a workplace setting.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikram:
joke or not, that both of those 'gifts' strike me as particularly inappropriate in a workplace setting.

Depends whether you work in an office full of uptight prudes or one full of adults who are friendly enough that they can have a bit of a harmless laugh together.

Presumably the person buying the gift felt comfortable that the person they were buying it for wouldn't be offended and from what Keef says they were right, I mean there's a big difference between a novelty gag phone holder and something genuinely and willfully offensive surely?

vikram

- posted      Profile for vikram           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but if others feel uncomfortable / offended by it then it's not on. save the inappropriate gift swapping for the pub
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In some circumstances I agree that the feelings of others in the office should be taken into account, but when it's something as minor as that I'd feel genuinely sorry for anyone so uptight they could be offended by such a harmless novelty item that wasn't even bought for them.

And in this instance there's a lot more backstory than keef has given, the woman in question wasn't some shrinking violet herself, she simply used the incident in question as part of an attempt to get money from the company are an unhappy parting of ways.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there should be a standardised potential gift list sent to all employees, who could note their objections to any offensive item. Anything left on the list after this process would be considered fair game.

"Oh another box of Ferrero Rocher!
You really are too kind."

No, hang on...

"Are you saying I'm a fat slag?"

sam
TMO Member
See what I mean? You guys are opening yourself up for a tribunal.

Jeez, you'll be encouraging holocaust deniers next!

[ 26.11.2007, 10:50: Message edited by: sam ]

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Keef
That, was liquid chate
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
...the woman in question wasn't some shrinking violet herself

It's true. She had no grounds for complaint as far as 'being offended' is concerned. Only woman (or man for that matter) I've known to use **** in office conversation for one thing, I could go on. But I won't.

Enough of that now, back to Secret Satan™

mart
  • Darryn
  • Herbs
  • Hippy
  • JohnJ
  • Keef
  • London [Cool]
  • Mart
  • Missgolightly
  • Physic
  • Rooster
  • Sabian
  • Sam
  • Waynster

People have until Saturday 1st December to say they want to play, or pull out.

On the evening of Sunday 2nd December I, with raging hangover from work Christmas party the night before, will pull names from a hat and assign Santas accordingly.

My method will be as follows:

I gor first. I will send a gift to the first person out of the hat, who will send a gift to the next person, and so on until the hat is empty.

If there is an even number of boys and girls, do you think there's value in picking names from two sex hats? Like boy-girl-boy-girl round the table at wanky dinner parties.

So can you start emailing me your names and addresses please: martinphillips -at- hotmail -dot - com.

Up for discussion: how much to spend (roughly) on gift? Possible answers:

a) Five pounds
b) Ten pounds
c) Up to the individual
d) Something else

squeegy
'small african childe'
*whistles*

I really am too far away for that to ever work anyway. [Frown]

[ 27.11.2007, 06:37: Message edited by: squeegy ]

--------------------
supa scrub

mart
Oops sorry Squeegy. Do you want in or out, then?
squeegy
'small african childe'
No better not. It could take a couple of months to send or receive mail from abroad (seriously...) and that'll just bugger it up for everyone else.

--------------------
supa scrub

missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mart cyi.

I vote for £10ish but with individual discretion, and think boy-girl could be good - even if there isn't an even number you could still do boy-girl until you ran out of names in one hat, then carry on from the other hat.

mart
Yeah, I'm going to do it that way - TMO thrives on hot boy-on-girl-on-boy-on-girl action, after all.

And I am removing myself from the list, otherwise whoever has to send me a gift will know that I know, which is a bit rubbish.

Grianagh said she'd be up for it, so I might replace me with her (and not tell her who her santa is), but she hasn't posted for ages so people might have difficulty deciding what to send her.

And, yeah, about a tenner, but only as a guideline.

rooster
oh man. Girls are so much easier to buy presents for than boys. Stupid boys.
omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i sooo want to see your "sex hat", mart.

ring a ding ding!

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

mart
I will get Gree to provide a photographic record of the draw, with sex hats and everything.
mart
Last few days to get on Santa's lovesled of giftamatic secret goodliness, folks.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not taking part this year. i have such a vast amount of accumulated emotional secret satan damage from the last three years, its best that we dont even go there.

[ 29.11.2007, 10:16: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

froopyscot
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure whether I'm in or out this time around. I've had good luck in the past (more as a recipient, probably, than a sender) but it's probably enough that I just stay behind the scenes. Perhaps if someone gets rooster as their secret santa the lucky recipient will get a little something special from me as well.

--------------------

rooster
no way am I letting you steal my thunder! Past recipients have already assumed their gifts were from a rooster/froopy amalgamate. I want all the credit for myself, nyah.
froopyscot
So perhaps I should be in the ring, then? At least it would make the recipient guess which of us it is coming from?

Oh, and I'll be putting down the name "ralph" on all customs forms, just to add to the intrigue.

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But...I'm not even involved in this! You'll be giving yourself away!

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+