Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Spot the Difference (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Spot the Difference
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is that russell simmons on the far right?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably not, mate.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's unlikely isn't it.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see how you thought it would be him. Even if there's some physical similarity, you only have to take a brief look about the sort of things Russell Simmons has been involved with to know that he's never been in a Village People line up.
Dr. Benway

it looks a lot like him, but I agree, I had strong doubts.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, and this is very difficult to dispute, The Village People were the first manufactured pop group not related to a TV series (i.e. don't say, "What about The Monkees?")

A lot of research has gone into this, and it's amazing how many pop groups you'd think were manufactured, like say The Bay City Rollers for example, or The Sex Pistols, were actually childhood friends and had formed the band together before they became "manufactured".

Pepper
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Pepper           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is amazing.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about The Monkees? [Confused]
Dr. Benway

boney m?

[ 06.02.2008, 10:15: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Count Basie Orchestra?

--------------------
sweet

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Benway:
boney m?

Yeah. God knows where I got that Village People nonsense from. It might have been in a dream. One of Ringo's dreams I mean.
Thorn Davis

quote:
boney m?

I used to like Boney M when I was about four or five years old. Here's a great piece of trivia from Boney M's Wikipedia entry:

quote:
As recounted in his book Touching the Void, the British climber Joe Simpson was subsequently to find the catchy tune of "Brown Girl in the Ring" haunting him in the final hours of his epic struggle to survive the descent of Siula Grande in the Andes.
Chilling. It's bad enough having to listen to sickly pop music in shops and on the radio; the idea that it might come back to haunt you in your darkest hours really brings home how pernicious this material is. Imagine being trapped in the rubble after an explosion. There's no light. Your legs are crushed. You're dying of thirst. You're never going to see your wife or child again. Then somewhere in your hindbrain the sounds of the "Oo-ee-ooo-ah-ah-ting-tang-wallah-wallah-bing-bang" song by The Cartoons starts to fade in to your conscious thought, getting louder and louder until you realise this is how you're going to die; alone and with a novelty pop song attached like a limpet to your brain.
Dr. Benway

I didn't find it that difficult to dispute your claim there, dang65.

[ 06.02.2008, 10:35: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

I wonder if any mums can think of any older manufactured pop bands?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

no, they cannot.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
It's bad enough having to listen to sickly pop music in shops and on the radio; the idea that it might come back to haunt you in your darkest hours really brings home how pernicious this material is. Imagine being trapped in the rubble after an explosion. There's no light. Your legs are crushed. You're dying of thirst. You're never going to see your wife or child again. Then somewhere in your hindbrain the sounds of the "Oo-ee-ooo-ah-ah-ting-tang-wallah-wallah-bing-bang" song by The Cartoons starts to fade in to your conscious thought,

I read a news story, many years ago, about a guy who was pinned in his car in a ditch in the wilderness. He couldn't rouse any help, wasn't found for days. On the fourth day a passing vehicle spotted him and called the emergency services who eventually freed him. First thing his saviour had to do, though, was turn off the cassette single that had been stuck on repeat...

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO!

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

Physically, he was fine. Mentally... He was utterly deranged.

--------------------
sweet

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Damon's Off           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
I read a news story, many years ago, about a guy who was pinned in his car in a ditch in the wilderness. He couldn't rouse any help, wasn't found for days. On the fourth day a passing vehicle spotted him and called the emergency services who eventually freed him. First thing his saviour had to do, though, was turn off the cassette single that had been stuck on repeat...

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO!

Bollocks. His battery would have run out. And can you put a cassette single on repeat? I suppose it just keeps turning over in a car radio and cassette singles used to have the same songs on each side, didn't they? But still... there would have been a b-side to break the monotony.

Unless the b-side was like a radio edit or remix or something.

--------------------
Don't do anything stupid until I get back.

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Damon's Off           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord. Apparently the b-side to Wake Me Up Before You Go Go was the instrumental version of the same song. Poor man.

Who still doesn't actually exist, because the cassette single wasn't widely introduced until 1987. As far as I'm aware Wake Me Up Before You Go Go only appeared on 7 and 12 inch vinyl.

So there.

--------------------

ralph

LOL
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Dr. Benway

boney m?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was probably The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
LOL

What a worthless cunthole.

--------------------
sweet

Dr. Benway

boney m?

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
As recounted in his book Touching the Void, the British climber Joe Simpson was subsequently to find the catchy tune of "Brown Girl in the Ring" haunting him in the final hours of his epic struggle to survive the descent of Siula Grande in the Andes.
Chilling. ....alone and with a novelty pop song attached like a limpet to your brain.
This is how I found out Kate Nash was fucking fluff-filled fool. She cited this story in an interview once and said 'some bloke got stuck up a mountain and had 'Agadoo' looping around his brain. Stupid fucking bitch. Plus, this is why so-called 'harmless' pop music has to stop. Do you think threads are the same too? Imagine if you were trapped in a fiery hi-rise tower and all you could think of was Mart's Alphabet Thread. You'd hurl yourself out.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
LOL

What a worthless cunthole.
LOL!

[Smile]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*screeching tyres*
*crashing noise*

--------------------

ralph

[ 06.02.2008, 12:20: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

[ 06.02.2008, 12:35: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

ralph

[ 06.02.2008, 12:42: Message edited by: ralph ]

New Way Of Decay

Stop being a gayer ralph.

--------------------

ralph

You first.
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
boney m?

german disco sounds.
think silver convention. but worse.

Damon's Off
TMO Admin
quote:
Originally posted by doc d:
german disco sounds.
think silver convention. but worse.

Your haiku went a bit crap at the end there. Promising start, though.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+