Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Change!

Author Topic: Change!
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:
The new designs have been chosen via an open competition which was widely publicised in the national media in August 2005 and attracted 4,000 entries. The winning designer is 26-year-old Matthew Dent, originally from Bangor who now lives and works in London as a graphic designer.
Pretty good design work, I reckon, with the possible exception of the somewhat messy five pence coin.

ETA: LOL @ Silly American Money
 -

[ 03.04.2008, 12:36: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... American money makes me laugh now... The first time I saw it was when my mom sent me $100 for my birthday (which is still in my passport, I mean really... After the exchange and the commision, what am I gonna buy? A roll of Polo?) and I thought she sent me monopoly money at first.

Leave money alone, or be kewl like the aussies who have plastic money.

er... New UK coins.. A bit shit really... I reckon that bloke that 'won' worked on the Olympic logo too.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone notice the coins make up a badge? Well obviously they won't sit together, but the images contain seperate parts.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the point, dude.

-

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how very gay.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rather than some kind of crusade era crest 'n' shield combo, they should actually come together to reveal a picture of infamous English man Garry Bushell

[ 03.04.2008, 13:36: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

New Way Of Decay

And on the flip-side: Littlejohn.

--------------------

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, he lives in fucking florida or something.

flipside should (if we're going to ditch the queen) be Cilla Black

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
Cilla Black

I saw her once going into a pub down the road from me. She had painted on black jeans and 4 builder types hanging off her arm.

Not bad for an old bird.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all ready for the euro then...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long till some whiney gaylord of a scotch starts crying about their shitty little emblem only being on the 2p coin...
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
all ready for the euro then...

the what?
Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
How long till some whiney gaylord of a scotch starts crying about their shitty little emblem only being on the 2p coin...

Hah. The stunted sheep-botherers aren't represented at all.

Sucks to be down a mine!

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carter:
Hah. The stunted sheep-botherers aren't represented at all.

Sucks to be down a mine!

They should bring back the ha'penny.
Carter
Taller than Bandy ?
 - posted      Profile for Carter           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, and Thatcher.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+