Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 11)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no no-ones going to die or anything and it's good you're trying to go back to the glory days of music listening, but I just think if you're going to buy the Oasis album you might as well get yourself a pair of these to dance in.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's what I found weak about it. Liam used to have an excellently raw singing voice, it's probably the single biggest thing Oasis ever had going for them. He's either lost it somewhere along the lines, or the new album is just painfully overproduced.

Anyway, I never said I don't 'do' guitar music. I just don't do certain types of guitar music. And that's not really because I don't like it as such, just that I find some of it a little inaccessible.

Ringo

Also, I once mentioned liking Ocean Colour Scene, and AMP blasted me for liking "grandad rock" so I decided I simply wouldn't talk about it for fear of getting music wrong.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Anyway, I never said I don't 'do' guitar music. I just don't do certain types of guitar music. And that's not really because I don't like it as such, just that I find some of it a little inaccessible.

Fair enough. As I said, that was just the impression I got. You didn't seem like a guitar music sort of person, whatever that is.

We haven't seen you at an Interloper gig yet. We've got guitars AND beats, you know. And some of our recent tracks are verging on the accessible!

Ringo

It's kind of like I've backed myself into a corner when it comes to 'guitar music'. Not just on TMO, but in real life as well. Because I've spent so much time listening to electronic music, I guess that's what I know a lot about, what I listen to most of the time, and people just think that's my thing. But I've been into plenty of bands over the years. As well as Oasis, I remember listening to loads of other (admittedly fairly mainstream) bands during my yoof, like Feeder, Radiohead, Placebo, etc etc.

But you're right, I probably do lean more towards electronic music. I always found that a little shameful though. People seem to give 'guitar music' higher value than 'electronic music' don't they?

I'd love to see Interloper live, but you have an annoying habit of playing gigs in London, and that's something I definitely don't do. Or playing on a school night.

But if you let me know when you're next playing outside of London, I'll see if I can get there

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the opposite thing - I just can't get a handle on electronic music. No idea what makes a good track, or what it's sort of ... for for the most part. I like some stuff like Skinny Puppy or Nine Inch Nails, but for the most part they just play by the same rules as the guitar bands I like.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm able to listen to guitar music AND electronic music!
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get guitar music badly wrong quite often, though. I can't vouch for your taste in electronic but I imagine you're falling into a 'jack of all trades, master of none' situation.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I have the opposite thing - I just can't get a handle on electronic music. No idea what makes a good track, or what it's sort of ... for for the most part. I like some stuff like Skinny Puppy or Nine Inch Nails, but for the most part they just play by the same rules as the guitar bands I like.

You should check out Boards of Canada. Probably represent what I consider to be the absolute pinnacle of electronically produced music, but totally accessible and unchallenging.

Campfire Headphase is one of my favouritest ever albums.

In fact, if you email me your address I'll chuck a copy in the post if you like. Maybe you can send a Wildhearts CD or something

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You get guitar music badly wrong quite often, though.

I don't think so.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
quote:
You get guitar music badly wrong quite often, though.

I don't think so.
Ok.

did you manage to get tickets for AC/DC this morning BTW?

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
No, I'm not really into AC/DC.
Thorn Davis

See, that's sort of falling at the first hurdle.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that Thorn has laid a well crafted trap here that poor Dr Benway has unwittingly walked straight into.

Stay tuned to see what happens next.

Edit. Damnit. Seconds too late.

[ 17.10.2008, 09:38: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
did you manage to get tickets for AC/DC this morning BTW?

That's my number one priority tomorrow - borrow the cash off of my flatmate and head to the post office in the morning to pick up my AC/DC tickets - fingers crossed I'll be off to see them next year.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
if it helps, I liked the film 'maximum overdrive' when I was a kid.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
and it seems that I've listened to the track 'Hells Bells' 14 times, but that could be because AC/DC comes near the top of the list of artists on my mp3 player, so it probably gets played if I accidentally make it play while it's in my pocket.
Thorn Davis

So your balls are listening to AC/DC more than you are.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
more likely to be my anus.
Thorn Davis

You're not even listening to music through the right orifice!!! How can you claim you're not getting it badly wrong?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Does it make much difference?
Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Friday was like this:

I was wearing a black dress with a layered skirt. It was super girly.

I ate sausages for lunch. I was at the Frankfurt Book Fair. The sausages from the cafe in the rights centre were nasty, but I was hungover so I had two.

That night I crashed a Russian publisher's party. There was a lot of vodka and no mixers. I was very drunk by midnight. At two I was being a ballerina on the dancefloor in my layered skirt. I went to bed around five and had to get up at seven for a meeting at nine.

The last film I watched was Never Been Kissed in my hotel room on Wednesday when waiting for my colleague to get ready to go out. It was the only thing I could find in English.

The rest of the weekend will be spent on the sofa.

[ 19.10.2008, 11:15: Message edited by: Lilo ]

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did any of the sausage get on you, Lilo? Like a bit of sauce down your top or something?

--------------------

Lilo
TMO Member
No.
New Way Of Decay

You kinky bitch.

--------------------

Lilo
TMO Member
Shut up.
New Way Of Decay

Yeah, that's it, talk cleanly to me.

--------------------

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you dip the sausages in cheese sauce and then lick it off?
Lilo
TMO Member
There wasn't any cheese sauce. There were no spillages or stains. Stop it.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasn't it Lilo who first adopted the dressing-gown-and-pearls combination? she's an obvious trendsetter - herbs take note.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Lilo
TMO Member
I was upset that day. My ensemble was an accident.

GOD.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
1. wearing

-  -  -

2. Lunch will be pasta I think. I am going to the deli in a bit. If you are about to walk down Hornsey Road, towards the seven sisters road, then you might bump into me going the other way.

3. Weekend plans are to play some saints row 2 and maybe try out a camera I'm expecting to receive in the post today. For that I will probably do the old Parkland Walk. Also I would like to check out the new Korean place near the station.

4. Last film I watched was that Japanese one I already mentioned. I may watch Zombie Flesheaters 2 tonight.

5. Last album I got was Feast or Famine by Reef the Lost Cauze. I uploaded a track from it if you want to hear it. It's very good. That's a streaming link, btw. You don't have to download it.

6. The last email I got was a notification telling me that FrugalGaming was no longer following me on twitter [Frown]

[ 24.10.2008, 07:44: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
oh hang on - I can't go to the deli until I get the camera. Fuck it.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what sort of camera, benway?
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
D60

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+