Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 12)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to risk going to the deli now, before the camera turns up.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
live on the edge yo.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
I may watch Zombie Flesheaters 2 tonight.

Best film in show.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
D60

Good choice JBN

1. H&M Single breasted high collar "mod" suit. Ben Sherman shirt and Silk tie. Doc Shoes (Job interview this morning, hence rebellious streak of dress-down friday

2. 2 x smoked chicken, pesto and salad rolls

3. Weekend was going to be buying tickets for Metallica tomorrow - however much like last weekends efforts of trying to get AC/DC tickets this looks very much in doubt as very scarily, my failing employers have so far been unable to make the salary payments this week. Therefore weekend looks like sitting home alone and living on bread and water.

4. Watched Face with Robert Carlisle and Ray Winstone - I'm having to go through my DVD collection as the bastard builders unceremoniously ripped my satellite dish from my balcony.

5. Last CD was Death Magnetic - haven't really been in the position of buying CD's for a while, so whilst I pirate my neighbours wireless for the only form of streamed external entertainment, I might have to revert to downloading some new stuff.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never answer these, because my life is so horribly mundane.

1.) nursing bra, Scott's old Neon '97 shirt and a pair of Scott's boxer briefs (blue/gray)

2.) animal crackers and water

3.)a little bit of work and a little bit of play: Saturday ordering appointments (yay for money!) and then to the park to take picture of my girls in the fall foliage since it is our very last fall for at least five years! Sunday teaching a workshop for aspiring photographers and trick-or-treating at a nearby mall with Remi the Rat, monkey-headed baby and a monster.

4.) I can't remember the last movie I saw, but I'd like the next one to be "W"

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good news everybody! I got the camera.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by rooster:
since it is our very last fall for at least five years!

Last fall? Are you all getting cryogenically frozen and thawed out again in five years time?
ralph

quote:
good news everybody! I got the camera.

awesome. that's a relief. it was a bit touch and go there for a while, huh?
rooster
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
quote:
since it is our very last fall for at least five years!

Last fall? Are you all getting cryogenically frozen and thawed out again in five years time?
no, just moving somewhere with endless summer. Fall will still exist, we just won't see or feel its effects.
ralph

quote:
no, just moving somewhere with endless summer. Fall will still exist, we just won't see or feel its effects.

moving?? leaving the commonwealth?? where are you headed?
rooster
depends where I get in to grad school, but considering schools in Stanford, Irvine, Nashville, Athens (GA), Tallahassee and Durham. All nice warm places.
ralph

I won't be able to converse with you once you move...you'll be a southerner. Sorry. [Frown]
rooster
Since when are Californians "Southerners"? Anyway, I'm from Miami, which is pretty far south but still not "The South."
ralph

I was trying to be polite...there's no way you're getting into Stanford or Irvine. lol.

[ 24.10.2008, 13:44: Message edited by: ralph ]

rooster
edited because it made me sound like an ass

[ 24.10.2008, 13:52: Message edited by: rooster ]

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and i bet you don't play video games
ralph

just kidding rooster. the state of massachusetts will miss you and your tax dollars. and I'm sure you can get into any school you want....

[ 24.10.2008, 13:59: Message edited by: ralph ]

ralph

rooster?
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1.) nursing bra, Scott's old Neon '97 shirt and a pair of Scott's boxer briefs (blue/gray)

Just want to point out at this time that while she makes a habit of wearing my clothes, I rarely return the favor.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

froopyscot
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we do end up moving south, will we have to have every alternate tooth pulled and buy a pick-up truck?

I'd better start tuning up the ol' banjo and listening to the Larry The Cable Guy anthology. I gots a lot of learnins' to do.

--------------------

ralph

that's the spirit! yee haw! mccain/palin in '08!
mart
Can one of you explain to me this business of when you register to vote in the States, you have to tell them which party you intend to vote for?
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Can one of you explain to me this business of when you register to vote in the States, you have to tell them which party you intend to vote for?

no. you can register as an independent and have no party affiliation, yet vote for whomever the hell you want. in the primary election however, you have to be registered to a party to vote -- but they can do that at the time you vote. For example, in the Massachusetts primary, I could not vote because I'm registered as an Independent...but I had them change me to a Republican so I could vote for Ron Paul. Then they immediately changed me back to an Independent. Scariest five minutes of my life...Christ...I was a Republican.

[ 24.10.2008, 14:25: Message edited by: ralph ]

froopyscot
But if you register as unaffiliated you can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary in Mass., as they're open. It's only the Independent Party rifraff they want to keep out.

(I'm officially unaffiliated, though I did vote for Obama in the primary.)

--------------------

mart
But you have to register as something (independent being the neutral choice)? You can't say "no thanks, I'd just like to register to vote, nothing more, nothing less"?

I suppose that's what independent means, though, isn't it.

And you could register as affiliated to the Republican party, but vote Democrat, if you wanted to? Just for the hell of it?

rooster
voting in primaries is the big reason for registering one or the other, and it varies state to state. There is a list here in this wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_election

If you are registered one party and still prefer the other party's candidate, then you vote for the person you prefer in the General Election. Hopefully no one is just switching their votes for the heck of it, but that would explain W.

mart
right, got it, i think. thanks
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you get where you really want, rooster. That and warm weather all year would be cool. [Smile]

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm off work today, so it feels like an extra Friday.

1. Black Dickies workshirt, Goon 'Norton's Pub' t-shirt, black jeans, black shell-toes.

2. Might go down the caff for a fry-up

3. Played The Suffering, went to a couple of restaurants.

4. Wanted - Really liked it. Surprisingly. Set pieces shot with real brio. Seemed to have a real understanding of the formal elements of comic books, even more so than the original, bizarrely. The bit where he clocks the dude in the chops with a keyboard and the explosion of teeth and keys spells 'FUCK YOU' was pure comic book goodness.

5. Listening to the new AC/DC album that someone gave me yesterday. It's the best one they've done in years, almost as good as BiB. Still not a patch on the top-end Bon-era stuff, though.

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, did everyone have a productive and wonderful weekend?

I did some tidying, watched some football, watched the grandprix etc. All not very productive as the tidying got undone quite quickly.

However, I did post a comment on reddit that has 450points. I think that compared to my highest scoring post on TMO (3 points), that is some damn impressive work.

I suspect you are all jealous of my commenting skills.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday was good - spent the night in a hotel in the Cotswolds for free, because of some last minute offer thing.

Saturday I spent - er - watching Sopranos and painting Games Workshop miniatures. Painting these fuckers is probably the geekiest hobby I've had yet (I've even been into the shop wearing an anorak), but what draws me back to it is just how incredibly soothing it is. If Benway needs a further stick to beat me with, he can imagine me in my anaorak, listening to Boston, painting Khorne Berserkers, and intermittently munching on a sandwich made by my wife. A perfect storm of geekery.

On Sunday my folks came down. My mum commented that I looked like I was going bald. This was the last thing she said before she left the house.

ralph

Pretty geeky dude. Except for listening to Boston. Nothing geeky about that AT ALL.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday started at 3.20 in the pub and got hazy after that, but the pub I freuqent has a wonderful mix of expats as well as Jordaaners, so hilarity often ensues. Apparently I was singing at one point but this I cannot recall.

Saturday I found a message that I had a parcel from my ISP so I ran to the post office in hope it was my free EEE 900 netbook - but it wasn't - it was just the wireless modem, and I still have to wait for the connection to be made. I spent the rest of Saturday watching movies (W., Old Boy and Hotel Rwanda) and lots of episodes of jPod.

Sunday - roast, pub, Grand Prix - elation! What a bloody race - best I have ever seen.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday night, Louise went off having fun with her friends, so I had some drink and watched Snoop Dogg's House of Horrors on Virgin on Demand, followed by the Exorcist. Had a proper voice conversation with ex-tmoer 'scrawny'.I also got a google phone on Friday, so I played with that all night. Felt lonely, depressed.

Saturday, did a load of cleaning then went into town with Louise to meet a friend. We walked around Mayfair in the pissing rain, trying to find this Korean restaurant. It was shut. Wandered some more trying to find somewhere good, but ended up have a fairly awful pub meal in a fairly awful pub. Then watched a film at the ICA called "Bloody Aria" - a Korean film (do you see the connection). It didn't make much sense to me, plus I had a blinding headache by this point. Nobody really enjoyed the film. Then some more pints after the film, and the day ended okay, apart from some explosive aggression taking place on the tube.

Yesterday, still got the headache. Got up late. Walked to the Holloway road with Louise, bought a casserole dish and a tin for baking muffins. Then went home and had some drink and played Saint's Row until bed time. Had weird dreams about floods. Woke up late because alarm clock was turned off.

[ 03.11.2008, 08:13: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
1. wearing

-  -

(shoes pending because I haven't left the house yet)

2. Lunch will be a massive chicken schnitzel sandwich thing from a place up the road. It's a shame you aren't in finsbury park, because then you could have one too. Oh and I have a craving for porridge. Maybe around 3.30 - 4.00, I'll have some of that.

3. Weekend plans are like, play fable 2 and go to the gym on saturday and then going out with some pals to probably eat at a restaurant and then get all angry and abusive in a pub. I imagine we'll sit there talking about weddings all night. Sunday will be sitting on the sofa, watching the rain, wishing I hadn't said all those stupid things, and drinking coca cola.

4. Last film I watched was Tropic Thunder, and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Perhaps being on a plane had a lot to do with that. And being wasted on that plane. But still. I may watch 'Slugs' tonight because I still haven't seen it and I've had it recorded for ages.

5. Last album I got was the best of Creedance Clearwater Revival :shame:

6. The last email I got was the Holy Moly mailout. Yes, I know. I know. I don't read it. I just haven't unsubscribed. Almost all emails I get these days are notifications.

[ 28.11.2008, 07:11: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+