Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 18)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I'm a bit confused, because that picture of the world's largest garden gnome appears to be by the roadside in the state of New York. Whereas Gnome World is in Cornwall and consists of just a picni area and a shop. So someone here isn't really telling the whole truth (Lilo).
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan is clearly a yank.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, It seems that that ruler isn't a permanent fixture at the Giant Gnome, so the woman must have brought it along with her. Who even owns a ruler that long? Let alone carries it around everywhere to measure things.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that Lilo wouldn't lie to tmo - there must have been some kind of hilarious mix-up on the internet.
Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Gnome World once.

About fifteen years ago.

I don't actually remember it.

But there's a photo of me wearing a gnome hat outside a gnome house.

Fucking hell, I'm filled with the bores today. I should be allowed the internet.

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
lol!
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Who even owns a ruler that long? Let alone carries it around everywhere to measure things.

I think she's demonstrating how long her record-breaking ruler is. She has to hold it up against an easily-recognisable landmark like the World's Largest Garden Gnome because there simply isn't another ruler that long to measure it with. And if there was then it would be longer than that one and they'd need a bigger ruler to measure that one with. It could all get very messy, so the Guinness Book of Records insisted they use garden gnomes in America and double decker buses in England. In France they use the Eiffel Tower.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
in japan, it's whales.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
it wales, it's the japanese.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:

The post is a complete disaster. Totally meaningless. What the fucking hell were thinking? Were you even thinking? You can't afford to be this sloppy.
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
in japan, it's whales.

FAIL

-

Thorn Davis

I'm feeling a bit anticlimactic today because I was supposed to find out what gender the baby is and the nurse 'couldn't tell'. A damning indictment of the standard of recruitment at the NHS when they can't even tell the difference between a boy and a girl.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
quote:

The post is a complete disaster. Totally meaningless. What the fucking hell were thinking? Were you even thinking? You can't afford to be this sloppy.
I have got really sloppy recently. Sorry troops. I'll take more care in the future. At ease.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
quote:
I'm feeling a bit anticlimactic today because I was supposed to find out what gender the baby is and the nurse 'couldn't tell'. A damning indictment of the standard of recruitment at the NHS when they can't even tell the difference between a boy and a girl.

if it was half and half, would you raise it as a boy or a girl? This is one of those tough moral choices that many parents face, but often don't talk about to even their family and close friends. Hermaphroditism is currently on the rise in infants born to middle class parents, mostly due to the now common availability of upper class foods such as foie gras, caviar, and angus beef.

[ 12.12.2008, 12:10: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Thorn Davis

To me, men and women are equal, Benway, so it would make no difference. To me, the fact that you even ask such a question is a terrifying glimpse into a misogynistic fantasy.

[ 12.12.2008, 12:11: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

dang65
it's all the rage
This is a unique situation for me. I'm getting paid in Euros so I'm effectively getting a pay rise every few minutes at the moment. It's quite hypnotic staring at the exchange rate calculator on Google.

Unfortunately, I can only benefit from this when my invoice gets paid, which won't be till the end of the month. So, just a heads up for everyone: expect the Euro to crash massively on or very shortly after 2 January 2009.

Thorn Davis

Bit solipsistic to assume that your invoice situation will have any effect at all on the world economy. It's not all about you, danf.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
Dang, have you raised any gender-bending children, unable to break the silent wall of shame that surrounds this topic?
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
quote:
in japan, it's whales.

FAIL

-

That whale should have known better than to have stopped at the lights.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
we're nearly done now, everybody. Well done for putting in the effort. This wasn't an easy day on tmo, but we got through it.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I really like? Model villages. Man, when I was a kid I had such a boner for model villages. When we would go on holiday to Paignton, going to see the model village was the one thing I wanted to do.

I haven't been to see one in years. Maybe I'll try to get to one in '09

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
danf

Does danf = m7?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for the gnomes.

I might just stick to toilet talk from now on.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
Does danf = m7?

Maybe, yeah. I just hit the wrong key, and then thought, actually I like the look of that and left it. Similar to how Therapy? wound up with the question mark in their logo.
Ringo

Actually I was pretty big on crazy golf too, come to think about it
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
I've never been to a model village. Until I saw Hot Fuzz, I thought that model villages were just really good villages, like, villages that all other villages should be judged by. Honestly.
Ringo

Most people in civilised parts of Britain have never been to a model village. Which I think is a bit of a shame because it's such an innocent pleasure. Good fun for all the family.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like thread good.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
When I was a kid I used to dig the Kent and East Sussex Railway. Steam trains look, sound, and smell amazing.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the model town of Wimborne that was in Wimborne. It was pretty damn good. It was like Wimborne but less detailed and smaller. And you couldn't steal magazines from safeway.
Thorn Davis

Man, I used to love the model town in Wimborne. It seemed like the most amazing thing I'd ever heard of. Went back there as a teenager and it still seemed pretty fun. Well done Wimborne Model town. Well done.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to go when I was getting taken to the dentist. I went when I was about 5 or something and didn't understand it, I just thought it was a small town, I didn't realise it was like a proper small Wimborne. Looking back, I can't remember if it was, but I assume it was, otherwise it would be a horrific waste of time that had too few monkeys.
Thorn Davis

-

A giant baby attacking Wimborne high street.

Thorn Davis

That's actually, a picture of the model village, by the way. In case anyone was startled.
Ringo

I think the babacombe one might be a bit smaller scale than that. That looks really good, maybe that's the model village I'll visit in '09?

Or perhaps I could spend a week just travelling about the place, looking at model villages (villi?) possibly taking pictures and giving each one a review and a score out of ten. On a website created specially for that purpose.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+