Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 19)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to visit Wimborne, try and time it so you're down for the folk festival. Your chances of fucking a fifteen year old off her face on cider will never be higher.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you should do that ringo

[ 12.12.2008, 13:00: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon there should be a Sunday night TV show where every morning Ringo gets up ('Can you do us a Thermos, mum?') and takes his Mazda down the motorway and visits a model village. He could wander round pointing out things of interest and then at the end he does a sweet donut in the car park and heads home.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try to raise my game and find a 17 year old drunk on cider this year at Wimborne folk festival. The police are starting to frown on my antics.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
I reckon there should be a Sunday night TV show where every morning Ringo gets up ('Can you do us a Thermos, mum?') and takes his Mazda down the motorway and visits a model village. He could wander round pointing out things of interest and then at the end he does a sweet donut in the car park and heads home.

that sounds rad.

[ 12.12.2008, 13:06: Message edited by: Jimmy Big Nuts ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could even combine model villages and railways. This was a childhood favorite of mine. Much like nearby Barometer World.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure about doing a donut in the car park. It sounds a bit anti-social. I think it would spoil the experience for the other model village enthusiasts, which would be a shame for them.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never really done the railways thing. I think I went to a steam fayre once, which was ok. Possibly involving going down an old mine, whcih was quite fun but I find waxworks irrationally terrifying so I wasn't bowled over by the experience as they had these animatronic waxwork miners crammed into little alcoves along the mine shaft. And there were loudspeakers playing little skits meant to be miners talking, all in thick Yorkshire accents. Kinda scary, but fun at the same time.

I think England has a lot to offer in terms of tourist attractions for people who don't want to go to L****n

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Bit solipsistic to assume that your invoice situation will have any effect at all on the world economy. It's not all about you, danf.

Yeah, you'd think that wouldn't you. Sadly though, it is me that actually triggered this entire crisis. We'd been planning for several years to sell our house in 2008, you see - eldest child leaving home, second eldest moving to secondary school, chance to relocate and downsize and perhaps some other modern-sounding verb. Remortgage, that's the one.

Anyway, I was actually looking up the estate agent's phone number one day and Robert Peston saw me and immediately announced the collapse of the world's entire economy on the BBC News.

Now I've got the directors of several major European banks staring through my window waiting for me to send that invoice off. That's when they press the button. It's just the way it is.

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tucktonia, Chirstchurch, Dorset had a pretty fucking good model village.

No, that isn't the real Towerbridge, it's actually a model..
 -

Is that Concrode about to take off at Tucktonia airport? I thought Concorde had been grounded, that can't be safe, surely?
 -
Don't worry folks, it's actually just a model. In fact, a model that doesn't even exist anymore, as Tucktonia shut down in 1985, missing the advent of acid house by just 3 years.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clothing - Black boots. White socks because I couldn't find any dark ones this morning. They are somewhere, just not coming easily to hand and my feet were really cold so the white ones had to go on. "My other ride is your mom" t-shirt. Stripy jumper.

Lunch - Baguette cut in half with tuna, prawns, sundried tomato, mayonnaise and worcester sauce on topped with cheese and grilled.

Tonight - Possibly pub. I was giving up alcohol for January, but I'm a bit bored of it now and people are going. If not then a bit of Fallout perhaps.

Film - Watched "Shoot em up" recently. That was quite entertaining. Truly awful of course, but not boring.

Last e-mail to my personal account was from my sister informing me her e-mail address had changed. Truly exciting stuff.

Feeling - Slightly confused. There is a copy of "Baby and Pregnancy" magazine on our coffee table. Kate has left it right in the middle of the table on top of everything else. I suspect this is a "subtle" hint at something, but I'm not sure what.

Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Feeling - Slightly confused. There is a copy of "Baby and Pregnancy" magazine on our coffee table. Kate has left it right in the middle of the table on top of everything else. I suspect this is a "subtle" hint at something, but I'm not sure what.

You're just jumping on the TMO bandwagon now.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I think England has a lot to offer in terms of tourist attractions for people who don't want to go to L****n

I've never even heard of Lcüntn.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

froopyscot
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Friday again!*

Helpful Starter Questions™

• What are you wearing?
  • Plans for lunch today?
  • Drinks after work, or straight home to watch TV?
  • Weekend plans?

Wearing: Being it's still Thursday when I'm posting this, there is some conjecture involved. Most likely will be 'casual friday issue' jeans, brown shoes and a button-down shirt. Software company chic.
Lunching: Whatever the least frightening thing is at the building cafe. Probably a slice of pepperoni pizza and a Snapple. But who knows? I could finally go to the Indian place in the next building that I've been meaning to try for a year now.
Drinks? Would do, except getting home and spending time with little people is quite appealing. And my daughters, too.
Weekend plans? Probably visiting my sister and her kids Saturday, and various home repair projects Sunday.

* I might as well start this now, as you all have gone home for the day already and probably won't get back to it before Friday morning. That's planning, isn't it. Forethought.

--------------------

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by froopyscot:
as you all have gone home for the day already

I guess you're not counting your fellow Masshole anymore? [Frown]

Wearing: dockers, sweater of some sort or another, black shoes

Lunch: coffee and cigarettes like every other day

Drinks: yeah...that's real funny froop. [Mad]

Weekend: birthday party for my soon-to-be 3 year old. he wants to go sledding with some friends. we're obliging.

froopyscot
What do you mean, "anymore"? [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fulfilling my role as a female poster and only posting stuff about myself. hrmm.

Wearing: Probably a variation on what I'm wearing today: sweatpants and one of froop's white undershirts. no bra.
Lunching: Unless we go grocery shopping tonight it will be a Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich.
Drinks? Not unless I want a drunk baby.
Weekend plans? I guess I will be visiting froop's sister and watching children so he can do home repairs.
My (other) plans were to rewrite an essay, handle some business matters, obsessively check email and wait by the phone for news from out of state and top it off w/the awesome Sunday night TV schedule.

[ 19.02.2009, 13:30: Message edited by: rooster ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't be wearing a bra either. Didn't realize we needed to be so specific.
froopyscot
I should add that my weekend plans now include trying actively to prevent rooster from neurotically checking email and obsessing about whether the phone is about to ring.

[ 19.02.2009, 15:25: Message edited by: froopyscot ]

--------------------

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
I won't be wearing a bra either. Didn't realize we needed to be so specific.

that comment was just to underscore the fact that I will be dressed to stay at home all day.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think drunk babies would be pretty funny. Everyone knows it is hilarious to get dogs stoned via blowbacks, so drunk babies are going to be awesome.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing: Collation of stretchy garments to accommodate large belly, including black Zara top with balloon sleeves, grey drapey dress from a charity shop, black tights, black boots. Tissue permanently attached to nose due to cold

Lunching: One of the many over-priced options Canary Wharf has to offer. Maybe a soup. I did bring packed lunch in a couple of days this week, but seem to have forgotten today.

Drinks? Would love to, but watching other people get drunk is very tedious.

Weekend plans? Yoga, acupuncture, and general middle class pursuits. Including going to the Farrow and Ball shop in Islington. YAAAAAAAH.

Thorn Davis

Wearing: Black shirt under plain black woollen jumper. Brown trousers, and Yes! black boots.

Lunching: Home-made quiche and probably a sandwich from M+S

Drinking: Yep, meeting up with TMO poster Octavia for a pint after work and catching up with her, then going round to a mates house for dinner.

Weekend: Friends from university coming to stay. Probably go for a walk or something. There'll be a baby crudding up the place so going out and getting wasted isn't on the agenda.

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. A Uniqlo black and white stripy polo shirt, DKNY blue jeans.

2. Lunch- Don't know. Don't really want anything too heavy. I had granola for breakfast. Maybe soup? There is pepper soup in the freezer.

3. tonight, boozing in town, with some friends crashing over here overnight, which basically means, boozing until 6 in the morning. Tomorrow I want to go into town to go shopping, get some clothes maybe, go to the cinema. Chillax in the darkness. Then I'm going to the London Tombs or something, not sure what that is. It's for a birthday. In the evening, boozing again. It's going to be a tough weekend. I've still got the AIDS, and I'm getting a headache just thinking about the amount of drink I'll end up consuming.

4. Watch Idiocracy - enjoyed it a lot. It's a stupid film about idiots, but it's not all getting in your grill with it's zaniness. It treads the line between silly and annoying very well.

5. Last album was... Beastie Boys 'Paul's Boutique', because of the re-issue. And also Incredibad by The Lonely Island, the people who did 'jizz in my pants' and 'dick in a box'. That's a great, great album.

6. Last e-mail was fucking Holy Moly, which I don't read any more.

[ 20.02.2009, 03:59: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be going to a beginners' lindy hop dance class this evening, and then going to the pub and not telling anyone where I've just been. Though I might tell them about the hot date I went on on Wednesday night.

Weekend will be spent learning lines for the play I haven't learnt my lines for.

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're basically turning in my mum, mart. Am dram and lindy hop is how she avoids facing the horrifying truths.
mart
Yeah, I hear you. But I'm finding it quite refreshing to realise that there actually are ways to deal with* the horrifying truth about life.

The lindy hop thing has an ultimate goal, anyway. It's not quite as random as it may sound.

*deal with/avoid facing -- two sides of same coin, innit

[ 20.02.2009, 04:03: Message edited by: mart ]

mart
Now go and wash your hands for lunch.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
but I'm not hungry!
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Farrow and Ball shop in Islington. YAAAAAAAH.

Hmm, I quite like some of their wallpaper. The flat I live in - my flat, in fact - is very plain. It's all very netural and ikea-ish, which kind of suits it. It's a council place, one bed, pretty small. For some reason I can't fathom, I've had a hankering to put wallpaper up on at least one wall. I was thinking like, one wall in the bedroom and one wall in the lounge. I mean, this is like the kind of thing I think about, but will never do, because really, what's the fucking point. But I quite like some of that farrow and ball wallpaper there. They've got some good neutral tones. But maybe I shouldn't go for neutral - maybe it should be boldly coloured. I don't know. Who knows? Or cares? Fuck it, whatever.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
you're basically turning in my mum, mart. Am dram and lindy hop is how she avoids facing the horrifying truths.

Come on then, what are the horrifying truths? And isn't it about time you snapped out of this teen angst nihilism thing? For fuck's sake. You're what? 30? And still pretending like you're Rorshach out of the Watchmen. It's no more dignified than a grown man going round in a Batman outfit stopping traffic so he can see his kid.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
well, for my mother, it's that she married a freak and didn't do all the things that she wanted to do.
Thorn Davis

Is that your perspective, or hers? Anyway, no-one does all the things they want to do. My life would be disgusting and horrible if I'd done everything I wanted to do, and I'd be in prison and certainly no-one on here would want anything to do with me. And 'all the things I wanted to do' usually contains about half a dozen mutually exclusive ideas anyway. I can't comment on marrying a freak, but I'm sure your dad's actually a decent guy.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
it's getting better though, you'll be relieved to hear. Since my parents started holidaying separately, I think she's found some space... spending more time with her sister, who also appreciates it, due to her ongoing mental health problems. Still, there's a lot of regret there. Vast pools of it. It's sad. Dad seems to have almost withdrawn completely now from family life. Lost in a world of obsessive hobbying. My brother spent some time living with my parents recently, and the atmosphere drove him literally nuts. Ended up on pills.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but the way she talks about life with my dad compared to the way she talks about the things she does without him, things that are completely nothing to do with him. There's a marked difference in her demeanour. I'm only really going off that, and the fact that she can get quite bleak and remorseful about the way things have turned out.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+