Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 22)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realise that the reason people aren't posting today is that they're mourning over the death of Benway's xbox. I know it's sad, but we need to try to be strong and get on with our lives.

So.

Wearing. Blue Jeans. Beige T-shirt. Jumper of Grey, blue, green and black stripes. Black boots.

Lunch - Probably a pint of Guinness and a Thai curry at St James Tavern.

Music - Not bought anything recently. Listened to the first 25 minutes of War of the Worlds on the way into work.

Weekend - No plans. Kate's friend is coming down on Sunday so I might arrange to be out because I'm mean. Listening to Bournemouth play on Saturday and see us rise further away from the relegation zone.

Week - This week has been mostly frustrating. Trying to get technical people to do something incredibly simple for the last three weeks but they seem to think I need to raise it as a project which they can then bill for, but I know it's about 25 minutes work, but it has now probably had about 40 man hours put into it just because of people trying to push back.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing - Get to fuck brown cargo pants. Red t-shirt from threadless with vague design. Red hoody, fucked trainers. I'm going to see if there's anything I can treat myself that's cheap on the high street. I feel like atramp.

Lunch - Given the absence of drunk fuckery yesterday, mebbe a pint in The Old Bank.

Music - Benway put me onto his mate 'Dan' of The Resonance Association and I can't get the very basic 4/4 beat and riff of Path of Totality out of my head, listenable here. Liked em so much I'm buying their album on vinyl even though I could download it from Rough Trade free. Noteself: buy record player at some point.

Weekend - Going 'fffffffffffffffhhfhf' with a hangover of the gods. I've got stuff to do actually, so I should motivate myself to do it. Got to help some dude promote his Sunday metal nights because his flyers were dogshit. Poor chap.

Week - More of the same shit. This week it's mostly about the difference of OpenType and TrueType and the differences therein. Had to go up 10 floors to change the output of a printer tray becasue.....100 other people didn't know or wouldn't be bothered to look. (it's Menu > Print Configuration > Output Tray HP LJ9050 fans!)

[ 06.03.2009, 06:42: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wear
Stripey jumper, black thermals, blue jeans, black socks, leather boots.

Lunch
A baguette from Pierre's. Probably minted chicken on wholemeal.

Weekend
Catching up on sleep (z).
Designing website for a fishing club (£).
Working on logo design for a bar.
Designing unofficial band T-shirts for a mate.
Hopefully playing GTR Evolution if I can get it installed through Steam (fury).
Buying some trainers via the ISH.

Week
Running out of time on the 3DS Max evaluation.
Need to convince work to buy me a license.
Designing CD/DVD covers, document folders, etc.
Setting up a render farm to process jobs on other people's computers, once they've left for the night - effectively creating an 80-core cluster with 80GB of RAM. I've been nicknamed Pixar by my extremely witty colleagues.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:

You will get £ and beer for this by the way.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:

Oh I wasn't trying to imply that I wanted paying for that. But tell me this - how does a fishing club in the midlands have almost £20,000 in its marketing budget? Not that much of it will come my way of course, but still.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing - White Vans, m&s argyle check wool socks, black levis, black trunk style pants, black and white check buckled Vans belt with plain black strap, light blue Obey t-shirt, black Stussy hoody,.

Lunch - Chicken thigh cooked in vermouth with leeks and mash potato from last night.

Music - Clinic day today, started with 'Do It!" and am now on the wonder of 'Internal Wrangler'

Weekend - Making the flat into a suitable style for forthcoming baby. EG Tidying. At least the fucking painting has finished. Drinking red wine as off beer for Lent, may be able to squeeze a game of poker in sat night. Sat day having lunch at J Sheeky and going to the Picasso exhibition.

Week - Replying to endless briefs with 24hour turnarounds. Don't htese people know there's a recession going on? Also hating Barbie.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing sort of grey-y-bluey-y trousers, sandy coloured t-shirt and a black jumper from the Edinburgh Woollen mill. And the ever present black boots.

Lunch is egg and tomoato sandwiches.

Music - haven't listened to anything today, but last night I sat in the armchair after Octavia had gone to bed and listened to Rio Grande Blood by Ministry and Physicist by Devin Townsend. I had a glass of wine in my hand and a tartan rug over my knees, which probably isn't how these albums are "meant" to be listened to.

Weakened - Heading up to Loughborough to see an old mate for a few days. Wives being left at home, so we'll doubtless be doing the kind of thing you can only get away with when your spouse isn't looking. Either a whirlwind weekend of cocaine, strippers, dead hookers and stolen cars or eighteen hours of Super Smash Brothers on the Wii.

Week - Not a bad week all told. In a good mood today, few things bthat I thought would be disastrous turned out quite well, and a nice piece of promotion just dropped into my lap yesterday, which should make me look good, without me having had to do anything at all to earn it.

New Way Of Decay

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:

Oh I wasn't trying to imply that I wanted paying for that.
I didn't get that impression, just thought it would be nice to hear for once!

--------------------

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wearing

like mcdirts, I'm rocking an obey t-shirt, teamed with blue jeans and some grey / pink air max 95s. t shirt has got a bird on it. Fully dressed, which is unusual for a Friday.

weekend

Going to a frightfest all day thing tomorrow, which is like 6 films I think, back to back at the Prince Charles cinema. Should be alright, it's only £30 and there's nothing else on as far as I can tell. Sunday, hooking up with a pal in town, to talk about life and things. Been feeling a bit weird recently. Like I'm wasting my life. Tilde puts it down to crossing 30, and he's probably right.

lunch

diet coke and a chicken schnitzel in ciabatta.

album

The last album I listened to was Liquid Swords by GZA, on the ever trusty spotify. My main thing this week has been The Knife, specifically the live performance of 'heartbeats' that you can get on youtube. Very good. I don't think I bought an album this week though. I've been working out rather than lounging around listening to music, and I haven't been working from home. Still I finally finished my Shatner marathon. That was very enjoyable.

film

I watched Boyz N The Hood again the other night. I can't help myself with that one. Also Copland, which I've seen before, but I still kind of enjoyed. Not really for the story or the characters, but just having Ray and Harvey and Bobby all together. I've been downloading the full uncut overfiend series, and I ordered The Warriors from play.com for like a fiver.

email

something from mikee about something. I don't know. Who reads things from mikee?

week

alright, kept pretty busy. As I said, been down the gym a lot, doing a couple of hours a night. Starting to see results finally. This nagging feeling of failure and waste has really coloured my nights though. Sleep has been tough, and I keep freaking about things, and ploughing through my psyche, taking myself apart and examining all the pieces in disgust. Fuck I don't know. I'm aware that I'm not supposed to have these kind of fairly deep and disturbing anxieties because I should have grown out of them or something, but still. Last night I spent hours worrying about my lack of definable personality or strong identity, ffs. Anyway, nothing really went wrong this week, so that's a positive.

[ 06.03.2009, 09:28: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

New Way Of Decay

I hate it when you do that.

--------------------

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did read it really.
New Way Of Decay

No, I meant you're really down on yourself in some kind of attempt to discover your identity, when your identity seems very clear. You are deeply analytical of the world because you require some degree of authenticity to your life, whilst simultaneously you are one of the people who truly looks at themselves in the mirror (at a chubby muslimist) and questions the value of their worth. At the same time, you are a deeply memorable person because of this journey of self discovery where you constantly put under the microscope. It makes you deeply interesting (and mostly very funny) but sometimes it veers into the Teen Angst, which you shouldn't bother putting yourself through, because anyone who bothers to be self-aware shouldn't really do that sort of bullshit to themselves.

*also I note you don't have any plans tonight. RAAAAAAGE.

--------------------

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wearing

Grey t-shirt with the slogan 1979 on it, again by ISO50, Element Blue jeans washed a couple of days ago, no shoes in the house, but if I went out it would either be in a pair of blue hi-top vans or a pair of black lo-top vans, both a bit worse for wear.

weekend

Child's party at one of those horrendous but child friendly places with slides and balls and plastic and climbing things and screaming kids and.. and, you know any non child owning adults worst knightmare.

lunch

Gave up my anti bread cut don on carbs and sugar stint which only lasted two days. Had a cheese and cucumber sandwich, with chocolate buttons for dessert.

music

compiled a spotify playlist made of soundtracks to skate videos from the past interesting stuff, to me, anyway, nice.

visuals

Last two episodes of Lost confusing as ever, glad to see Miscs link to a possible clever explanation. Looking forward to the next episodes with my new semi-understanding.

email

someone sending a cover image.

week

ok, although I've ploughed through all the work I have so next week could be a bit iffy.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
wearing
Last night I spent hours worrying about my lack of definable personality or strong identity, ffs.

Christ. If you feel like that, imagine how someone like Keef must feel.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hopefully playing GTR Evolution if I can get it installed through Steam (fury).

Any luck with this yet? might be fun to race 'online'

I've got the GT Legends mod pack for it too which is super cool.

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
wearing

grey and white striped uniqlo polo shirt, dkny jeans

weekend

hooking up with a pal tonight, one who I've only seen very sporadically since we were tight friends back in the nineties. She's cool in a weird way. Should be an interesting night. Tomorrow it's a stag do for some dude who I don't really know that well. midday start with bowling and karaoke planned. Sunday, obviously, is going to be lying in bed, contemplating suicide.

lunch

Bit early to say, probably a chicken schitzel in ciabatta from the deli. It's a friday, I treat myself to bread.

music

Not much. Been digging an album by a mike patton collaboration called Lovage. It's good background music.

visuals

ploughed into the first six episodes of the new series of Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! It's great, as always, although definitely seems like you have to have watched other series' to be able to get some of the jokes. I stil recommend it though. Check out some sketches here. I also started watching the uncut Legend of the Overfiend films. That uncut shit is very different to the version that Manga released all those years ago. I'm a about two hours through the first of five films. It's giving me brain damage, but hey. I'm an explorer, I've got to take risks.

email

personal: credit card statement.

work: a man telling me that a graphic designer is going to send through some templates for a navigation bar. I responded that I didn't need them, because I did my own a few weeks ago.

week

I don't know. Okay, but also weird. Was drunk at work a few times. Work has kind of changed recently. Way more meetings all of a sudden, more pressure. Also felt a bit sick and tired for most the week. A bit hemmed in. Would like to jack it all in and spend the rest of my life riding a motorbike around the world. When do these mid-life crisis things end? I seem to have had one for the last ten years.

[ 20.03.2009, 07:13: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
When do these mid-life crisis things end? I seem to have had one for the ten years.

I don't think they do. I don't know for certain yet. I've had this desire to pack it all in and ride the rails hobo-style for what? 20 years now? I'll let you know if and when my mid-life crisis thing ends.

eta:
wearing
 -

The new CIO likes to see his men dressed professionally. ralph isn't happy about the new dress code. [Mad]

eata: that is not ralph pictured btw

[ 20.03.2009, 07:14: Message edited by: ralph ]

jnhoj
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for jnhoj           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wearing: mum's knitted jumper, new zealand post tst shell bottoms (been fixing bike) and nike sandals.

Eating: Chicken from yesterday with veg in a wrap with yoghurt and mint sauce.

Week: Awesome! I got a job interview at glanclwyd, which could double next years salary, got a place to go on a trip to japan and found a load of forms I needed to fill in to claim some expenses back.

weekend: continuing with literature review, climbing, seeing mc akil from jurrasic five tonight and footy at some point. Will be good.

--------------------
www.storytimewithjohn.blogspot.comwww.gingercomics.com

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wearing: Meh... Its time for a new wardrobe.

Weekend: A party somewhere tonight, should be very good. Not drinking though, I did enough of that last weekend. Its outdoors and there is quite a storm brewing so it might be cancelled. Whatever.

Lunch: Mozzarella, tomato and pesto sandwich on whole wheat. And crisps. And maltezers. And a coke. And a bottle of water. I've quit smoking and I really am eating too much!

Email: From a friend who has just moved from London to Maun, poor girl.

Week: Not bad. The rain wasn't welcomed as my new house has a very leaky roof. I believe they based the design on a colander.

--------------------
supa scrub

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wearing
Slim fit jeans in a dark blue, black t-shirt, black socks, one with a hole in the heel, a warm zip up wollen jacket type thing that I generally wear only when I want to be warm and rarely outside the house.

weekend

Tonight a local race night at the pub, presumably this involves betting money on films of horse races and not frank and borderline racist discussions of immigrants. Note to self: after eight years seem to be integrating with "community"

lunch

Could be a ham sandwich, if it is there will be pickle, pickle with chunks.

music

Turned it off, turned it all off, there's just the gentle hum of my imac and distant sounds of the binmen banging plastic bins in some faraway street.

visuals
Haven't really watched much this week, saw the Horne and Corden show as mentioned in another thread. Apart from that I've been looking at Halo 3 multiplayer, skate 2 multiplayer and this morning back to Fallout 3. Also been planning to paint the bedroom white, and go for a white/black/red theme so have been searching ebay, ikea, habitat, littlewood, homebase, argos type websites along with flickr for inspiration. Also been thinking about the garden, in particular what I'm going to do with the small decking area which was constructed last year, again wasting huge amounts of time researching plants, garden furniture options etc online.

email

One just in - a guy thanking me for some work I did, rare.

week

Ok, got a bit of a cold type thing which hasn't really manifested itself properly, just made me feel a bit lethargic, slight sore throat, a bit of a headache, got through some work, also managed to woodstain a fence in the sun which was a relaxing diversion from real work. Cut down on the wanking and doing random weight lifting instead, also skipping whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. There may be some slight change in my physical appearance, particularly my arms but you only really notice when I'm actually lifting weights, so not much point really.

Also obsessing about receeding hairline which came as a bit of a surprise as no one in my family has it (except now I come to think about it my mum's dad) still I assumed I was going to go through life with all my hair but now it seems not. Having to make a bit of a mental adjustment here. Started counting hairs that appear on the towel after shower and whilst washing hair checking hands to see how many have fallen out. It's kind of a weird thing. It's not really noticeable at this stage, but I wonder how long it will be before I have to go for the short short haircut. Thinking about a style change here too, different clothes, maybe some glasses, taut muscular body. Holy shit.

squeegy
'small african childe'
quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:
Thinking about a style change here too

I would recommend new underwear.

--------------------
supa scrub

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Tilde:
weekend

Tonight a local race night at the pub, presumably this involves betting money on films of horse races and not frank and borderline racist discussions of immigrants. Note to self: after eight years seem to be integrating with "community"

£10 says Tilde's Friday night ends with him barricading himself into his house, playing bagpipe music and hitting the locals over the head with bear traps.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look at this:

-

Fnnnngghh

imagine finding that shit crawling across you.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
makes me feel weird just looking at it. Horrific.
squeegy
'small african childe'
What the fuck is that thing??

It looks a bit like an anorexic one of these

-

--------------------
supa scrub

Kanye West
TMO Member
here's another one. Dear god.

-

squeegy
'small african childe'
Look at the size of that guy's right pinkie nail. It looks like its been specially crafted into ideal nose-picking shape.

--------------------
supa scrub

Kanye West
TMO Member
yeah, or performing on-the-fly dissections of blasphemous sea creatures. Shortly after the picture was taken, he used that nail to separate the legs from the body, cut the legs at the joints, then slice the body in half and spoon out the gelatinous innards.

[ 20.03.2009, 08:31: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
 -
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

If you ever needed proof that there's no God, there it is right there.

squeegy
'small african childe'
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
blasphemous sea creature

Sounds like a girl I once slept with.

--------------------
supa scrub

squeegy
'small african childe'
 -

--------------------
supa scrub

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
 -

Look at the centre of that picture. There's a little alien wearing goggles, piloting that thing!

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
there really is some horrific business going on at the bottom of the sea
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
 -

If you ever needed proof that there's no God, there it is right there.

I'd say that not only does it prove there is a God, it also demonstrates that He is wildeyed, gibbering and unhinged by his millenia of lonliness among the stars.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+