Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 34)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clapham is the wankier of the Hams. Streat, Bal and Peck are all much more street.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
West is best though Mikee. COYI!

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spent a whopping $180 on music that I've already illegally downloaded, because it's totally fricking awesome.

So it's true: piracy does help the music industry. Only downside - four to six weeks shipping!

[Eek!]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
I just spent a whopping $180 on music that I've already illegally downloaded, because it's totally fricking awesome.

What did you get?
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* CDs, largely. I think there's a DVD or two and a book on the way, as well. I can't remember precisely - I just stocked up the cart with everything that looked good and pressed BUY before the rational part of brain kicked in. I've already spent £30 on tickets and £15 on a T-shirt. Christ - it's like being 16 again.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynster:

I checked out my inbox but it's empty. [Frown]

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[aside to Misc]I saw Dresden Dolls at Glastonbury several years ago, on the strength of which I bought their album. Personal fave: Coin Operated Boy.[/aside to Misc]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
[aside to Misc]I saw Dresden Dolls at Glastonbury several years ago, on the strength of which I bought their album. Personal fave: Coin Operated Boy.[/aside to Misc]

God, it would've been bizarre to see them play a festival. Coin Operated Boy is much fun, but I'm spending the majority of my waking life listening to, and attempting to learn to play Girl Anachronism. I'd definitely recommend their other CD Yes Virginia and maybe the solo album Who Killed Amanda Palmer, which features the cheeriest rape/abortion song you're ever likely to hear.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am listening to the latest album from "The Field". One to turn up loud.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm playing spinning arpeggios and hypnotic pulsating rhythmic delays on my sleek blue synthesiser.

Actually I've stopped now, to go and make a cup of tea.

Tea in London tastes funny. Even with Hard Water Yorkshire Tea.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misc - they were in the John Peel rather than on one of the main stages.

Actually I was watching Ben Folds Five at last year's festival and Amanda Palmer came on as a special guest.

checkit

[ 18.09.2009, 12:03: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
checkit

Good stuff!

Yeah, Folds produced her solo album.

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:

I realise this is almost a week old and you probably don't even care, but just so you don't think Wayne was being a big tease COYI stands for Come On You Irons (The Irons being West Ham's nickname).

As you were..

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
The Irons being West Ham's nickname.

Interestingly, Scunthorpe United's nickname is The Iron, presumably because of the town's industrial history.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wearing

jeans, this 'obey' tshirt

listening

Fabric mixes

reading

A book about the Nikon D60

watching

Watched My Name is Bruce last night, and it was entertaining enough. All the Bruce Campbell action you could want. Also started a voyage through Mobile Suit Gundam 00, which seems promising.

weekend

Seeing camberwell noise rockers 'part chimp' on sunday night, followed by a day off on monday to recover. Thinking about going to the actual park in finsbury park tomorrow to do some running. That Sam Mendes film is showing at the Haymarket.. might go to that. Although films about couples and babies and things tend to do little for me, it's supposed to be alright.

Generally I'll just be hanging around, trying to think of ways to waste another two days of my life.

this week

Mostly dull. Work has been a drag, I've been at home all week, sitting here, typing away, listening to music. Feel pretty sad / listless / depressed but that's standard.

[ 25.09.2009, 06:28: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:

I realise this is almost a week old and you probably don't even care, but just so you don't think Wayne was being a big tease COYI stands for Come On You Irons (The Irons being West Ham's nickname).

As you were..

Excellent, two stevies in one week.

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to start looking at your sense of humour?
Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm not feeling much fun here.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I just got a parcel! Is that fun? Is it? Are you excited? Are you excited to know what was in the parcel? Are you? Are you excited? Yes? No? No?
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O rilly! I also just got a parcel! I wonder who’s is best... In this instance I’m thinking probably yours, BUT! I also got a parcel yesterday and that one would trump yours I’d wager.

Would anyone like to guess what was in the parcels?

Kanye West
TMO Member
I've also just remembered my dream. It was to do with flying on a 747, only it was huge, enormous inside, like the whole of the waiting area at heathrow, and I wasn't sure it was going to be able to take off, then somebody I was sitting accidentally stood on something that made the plane start driving around the runway without anybody in control and we were all on it and eventually it started spinning on the spot and it hit a building and sheared off the back end of the plane and I knew that we were going to get in mad trouble for dicking with the plane. Then there was some kind of battle and I was using a bow and arrow and the arrows were tipped with something that made people really relaxed and happy so that they wouldn't want to fight. Then I was talking to a pro basketball player who was russian and he was telling me he was quitting because everybody disliked him because he was so much better than everybody else, and I felt pleased that we were friends.
Kanye West
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
O rilly! I also just got a parcel! I wonder who’s is best... In this instance I’m thinking probably yours, BUT! I also got a parcel yesterday and that one would trump yours I’d wager.

Would anyone like to guess what was in the parcels?

was it frogspawn? The less good one i mean. Maybe the good one had... hurmm.. was it..no...mhhh... was it a hat?
mart
I just got a parcel as well! But we all know what's in it.
Kanye West
TMO Member
my parcel contains a load of fucking bullshit. Peep this - a replacement Nike+ sportsband and a 'free gift' that i didn't ask for. The gift is a ridiculously large promotional mug that I will surely never use, but evidently took up most of the p&p charges.
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Time to start looking at your sense of humour?

Sounds like something Stevie X would have said.

--------------------

mart
My parcel contained my cheap, shit computer.

I'm also expecting another parcel, containing cameras and lenses and stuff.

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a parcel as well, and I bet no one can guess what's in it. No? OK, it's a uke stick. It looks like something Misc Files would invent:

-

I'm away from home at the moment, so I haven't opened it yet, but some people can make interesting sounds with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00F7TXeRlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalO9mgPorU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etxk0H5RsHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQVzG4Tog0

Nutters mainly, but still.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got a parcel!

I can't check what's in it as I'm at work and it is at home but I suspect it is a silver and opal bracelet. Hoorah.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a parcel yesterday. A car seat heater kit, which I'll be installing into my car seats tomorrow.

Good times

mart
Man, we're totally keeping the parcel delivery industry afloat today. Recession? What recession, eh? Eh?

Waynster should definitely add parcel deliveries to his business plan, as it seems to be a winner. Maybe do an online version.

mart
I wonder if there's been a rise in metal detector sales since yesterday.
mart
Someone should design an online metal detector sales counter website, where you go there and can see how many metal detectors have been sold, that day, or since your last visit, and so on.
mart
Maybe this sort of information is commonly available at your local library.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i've never been to it. louise has - she's a member!
Kanye West
TMO Member
mart, you fucker, we should have a drink because you're in london.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+