Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Friday Fnnnngghh (Page 38)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: Friday Fnnnngghh
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, London Bridge is good for me, or anywhere central really. Finsbury Park is also easy for me.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
careful there mart. he can get a bit, well...clingy is probably the politest way of putting it

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is like the faded hipster version of Statler & Waldorf.

--------------------
sweet

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm off home! i'm going to make like disco and hit the library on the way.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to the gym.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I've come back from the gym.

[ 16.10.2009, 13:52: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
now I'm just sitting here, listening to this.
Kanye West
TMO Member
Hippychick I think my email must have got sent to your spam or something, you should probably check.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you do in the gym, Benway? I mean, weights, aerobics, dancersize, punchbag, what.
Kanye West
TMO Member
Oh, I ran. I ran ten kilometres.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you not have just run on a pavement?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening to this.

New Wildhearts free song. Everyone should get it because it's new and it's free and it's by the Wildhearts.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I don't really like running on the pavement. Crossing roads, avoiding people and cars and dogshit, in the dark. It's better in the gym. Plus I tend to do a few weights too, and they've got machines that can sort your legs out after a run to prevent stiffness. It's all round a better experience than legging it around the streets of Finsbury Park.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
That all makes a lot of sense really. I guess I'm just a bit spoilt as I'm right next to the sea front so it's a 2 minute jog to there where i can just jog without having to worry about having to cross roads at all.

I don't think I'd like to have to keep stopping to get across roads. That would really ruin things.

Do you listen to music or watch TV while doing your running? When I go to play squash I see people on the running show watching things like Paul O'Grady or other nonsense like that and I don't really see how that can get you into running.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I listen to music and gaze into my own beautiful dark brown eyes, because the wall in front of the machines is mirrored. I tend to go with breakbeat to get me going, and I use a nike+ thing to log the distances and times to keep me motivated.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you one fit little puppy now, Stephen.
Kanye West
TMO Member
not really, no. I was fitter when I had the personal trainer.
Kanye West
TMO Member
also my name isn't Stephen. It's Steven.
Kanye West
TMO Member
That probably sounded more aggressive than I intended it to, yo.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I hope mart is alright. I don't think he meant to cause any upset.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran a half marathon last weekend. It was really hard and I think two of my toenails might fall off. Also I had to have someone carry my handbag for me while I crawled up the steps to my flat after a post run lunch.

So, on the whole it was a painful and humiliating experience.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wish I liked to run...but its boring. Id rather ride my bike. Actually, I wish I wanted to exercise, but eh. At my last job I tried going to their gym on the regular, but its much better to have a gym buddy. It makes me feel that extra bit of motivation to "just do it"...lol. I was much more fit when I lived in the city. Rode my bike everywhere & went to a yoga studio 2x a week. I loved going to yoga. I miss living in the city, sigh.
Kanye West
TMO Member
this morning on the tube these two young women got on and started getting off with each other. One of them was japanese, the other one was caucasian and they were dressed like they were just on their way to the office. I was sitting there thinking, you know, this is pretty good, I can't remember when this last happened, then the caucasian women turned round and it was actually some scrotey looking teenaged dude with a stupid bun haircut and I was like

dammmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Later on a massive fly landed right on the face of a woman and it sent out a silent shockwave of horror among everybody who witnessed it.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been having a really retarded disagreement with some dude on a car forum who was moaning that he got caught speeding by a mobile camera van. He was saying that it was a waste of resources having police sat in vans catching speeding motorists rather than being out there solving "real crimes" which he described as having a "direct and detrimental effect on people's lives". I'm not sure I can think of anything that would have a more detrimental effect on your life than having your life ended by a person doing 40mph in a 30 zone.

What a tool.

Sorry, just venting.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speeding and speed limits is possibly the most frustrating argument in the world to get into. You'll never hear so much shit spoken as when someone is complaining about having been caught breaking the law by a speed camera or traffic policeman. It's like, as soon as it happens you get fined, but the fine isn't money, or property, but rather the ability to communicate in something other than the manner of a screaming, hissing, indiscriminate injured raccoon.

[ 28.10.2009, 10:38: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
it's ridiculous that the police are wasting their time on trying to catch and criminalise tax payers when there are foreign child rapists running riot, being given handouts from the one-eyed idiot. I actually agree with this, and you two cockhandles are typical of the state that this country is in.
Ringo

I just can't get my head round how some people can try to hand the blame to someone else. There are speed limit signs every few hundred yards down the road; limits based on a standardised system which you're requeired to learn in order to pass your test. And if that weren't enough, the speed cameras are signposted, usually have a bunch of stripes painted on the floor, and they're painted bright colours. Someone chimed in with this gem:

quote:
I feel like it's inevitable that I'll get done for speeding at some point. It's absolutely nothing to do with being a safe driver, it's simply a side-effect of living in this country with this Government.
This guy seems to think the Government controls his car!
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand why people get so upset when they get caught speeding though. It is absolutely the law, obviously, but there's that thing where you know that you're not actually driving dangerously but you are technically driving dangerously.

It's also really irritating when you drive into the back of someone at a roundabout because they suddenly stop for no reason at all. This is actually a common scam, as was noted in the news the other day, where the driver in front deliberately stops and then claims a fortune off the insurance. The indisputable technical rule though is that if you hit the other person then it is your fault for not leaving enough room to stop, etc. Even your own insurers don't question this at all and immediately accept liability. So you're left seething because you know that you weren't actually driving dangerously and that the other guy was, but technically you're stuffed.

Neither of these laws/rules are disputable, but it's really not surprising that people feel like they've been picked on when they get the bill through the post.

Ringo

Not really though, eh? I mean, the speed limit is pretty clear. It's surely fairly normal to maintain a fairly close eye on how fast you're going. So if you've gone sufficiently over the speed limit to receive a ticket, then I think you don't really have any right to moan about it or feel picked on. Maybe if you were on a motorway, because on the motorway the speed limit is generally ignored (within reason) but when you've been caught doing 40 in a 30 zone, where there are pedestrians etc, I think it's kinda bang to rights.

And to claim that it's the government being unfair is kinda naive. People seem to think that laws simply aren't enforced in other countries. While often the opposite is true - our penalties for things like speeding are pretty lenient. What's a £60 fine you can pay at your leisure? Certainly nothing compared to the 750 Euro on-the-spot fine my friend got on a recent trip to France...

[ 28.10.2009, 11:38: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Or in Finland where the guy got a ticket for the equivalent of $103,000 for doing 46.5 in a 30mph zone.

[ 28.10.2009, 11:44: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dang65:
So you're left seething because you know that you weren't actually driving dangerously

If you can't stop your car without hitting someone then that is driving dangerously. If you "weren't actually driving dangerously" then the scam wouldn't work.

[ 28.10.2009, 11:50: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Maybe if you were on a motorway, because on the motorway the speed limit is generally ignored (within reason)

Yeah, I'm sure that makes the law a lot clearer for everyone and doesn't create any ambiguity.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
So you're left seething because you know that you weren't actually driving dangerously

If you can't stop your car without hitting someone then that is driving dangerously. If you "weren't actually driving dangerously" then the scam wouldn't work.
Yeah, I'm totally on this one. Stopping distance is quite clear. There's supposed to be enough space between you so the the person in front can make an emergency stop without fear of being ploughed into, right?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:

Yes, that precisely what the insurance rules say, and I'm not disputing that. It can't actually be argued with.

However, the scam works because it exploits the way that people drive at roundabouts. They approach at low speed, clocking the car in front is pulling away onto a clear roundabout. Then they look to the right as they move forwards to check that their own way is clear. That is what most people would consider to be safe and careful driving, but the problem is that making that safety check to the right removes your eyes from the road in front which you had already confirmed was clear, having seen the car in front move off. Suddenly, that car is still there and you were, it turns out "driving dangerously". Technically.

As I said, it can't be argued with and the law and the insurers don't even enter into discussion about it, but it leaves you really cross when you know that, really, you were driving safely. Except, of course, you weren't. Technically. Or there couldn't possibly have been an accident. Sweet.

Ringo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Maybe if you were on a motorway, because on the motorway the speed limit is generally ignored (within reason)

Yeah, I'm sure that makes the law a lot clearer for everyone and doesn't create any ambiguity.
It doesn't though really, does it? Because the law is still the law and in places on the motorway where there are speed cameras the speed limit is the 70mph limit with which we're all familiar. Only you'll probably have noticed that generally there are no speed cameras in normal NSL areas because they generally only put them in places where there's an increased risk that going over the speed limit is likely to cause an accident, or at least significantly increase the consequences of an accident. There's no particular ambiguity because we all know what the speed limit is, and if you choose to break the speed limit you must acknowledge that if you're caught speeding it's nobody's fault but your own.

In fact I'm sure in areas where there is genuine ambiguity - say for instance a change in speed limit where there's no sign, or the sign is obscured - then penalties are generally overturned.

Surely the worst criticism you could level at speed penalties is that they're excessive or disproportionate. But to suggest it's some form of entrapment is ridiculous.

[ 28.10.2009, 12:02: Message edited by: Ringo ]

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  59  60  61 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+