my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » PSU help (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: PSU help
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That pic is misleading, by the way. Whoever is holding that camera has got a massive hand. Like an inverse Jeremy Beadle.
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
OK. I shall be in Wigan at 5pm on Monday. Wear something pretty.

I don't have anything pretty. [Frown] I bet mart does, though.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'tis a sweet little thing that - and at a damn good price too. I really need to get out and start doing some photography again - and especially with the time of year as well.

Might try and blag a press pass for a gig saturday - Kittie are playing the Melkweg saturday so maybe a stint photographing Rock Chicks will get me inspired again

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

mart
I paid 430 quid for camera plus lens (with the normal kit lens it's a lot cheaper), which struck me as a lot of lolly, but I guess that's what these things cost, innit.
mart
Wigan, 5pm. I'll be there, in me best frock.
mart
In fact maybe I should dress up as Joely Richardson. Or is that going too far?
Louche
We could both dress up as Joely Richardson, just to confuse Cherry. Because obviously, with our matching hair colour, if we dressed identically no-one would be able to tell us apart.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've met you both, and you did both look identical. Mart moreso than Louche.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't actually have any idea who Joely Richardson is.
Louche
Dressing as Joely Richardson could be inadvisable, though, given the inbuilt risk that Harley would materialise behind you and start stuffing dairy products in your knickers.

I will come as a Weasley.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heart the Weasleys. The biggest component of the disappointment I felt at the delay of the HP6 movie was the Weasley withdrawal.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Olympus is sexy, Mart. I was looking at the possibility of getting one and using the old lenses from my dad's OM-10, but the chap in the shop started talking about expensive adaptors and confusing me with science. Still looks like a hell of a camera for the money.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
I don't actually have any idea who Joely Richardson is.

Joely is an actress best known for her roles in Loch Ness, 101 Dalmatians and The Last Mimzy. Joely's mum is pretty much Vanessa Redgrave, and in a lot of ways, it could be said that Liam Neeson is Joely's brother in law. In September and October 2007 pictures of Joely looking thin sparked fears about Joely's weight. In 5 November issue of Grazia magazine Joely explained that Joely's low weight was due to a terrible flu and a hernia operation, and Joely went on to say that Joely hopes to put on around seven pounds.
MiscellaneousFiles

Joely is also a homewrecker - Joely had an affair with Emma Peel's husband.

Bad Joely! [Mad]

[ 16.10.2008, 10:59: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joely also lezzed up with bona fide lezzer Portia di Rossi in Nip/Tuck.

--------------------

Louche
I am in ecstacies of excitement about HP6. Already. I might have to see it at the IMAX now I have discovered it.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
Joely also lezzed up with bona fide lezzer Portia di Rossi in Nip/Tuck.

Oh Joely! Naughty Joely!

Did the scene involve viscous liquids of any kind?

mart
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Your Olympus is sexy, Mart. I was looking at the possibility of getting one and using the old lenses from my dad's OM-10, but the chap in the shop started talking about expensive adaptors and confusing me with science.

Yes, but no. The old OM lenses will work with Olympus DSLRs, and work very nicely, but you need an adapter -- a ring-type thing. You screw the adapter into the lens, and then screw lens and adapter into the camera body. It's a piece of cake.

Thing is, the official Olympus adapter costs about 80 quid or so, possibly more. Which is a lot of money. But eBay sell versions for a tenner, which is what I got, and it works great.

With the adapter, you can then use all those lovely old OM lenses. Two things happen, however:

1.- They are manual focus only. This is no biggie, because that's how you've always used them on the OM-10, but it's a lot harder to focus manually on a DSLR because it doesn't have the split screen thingie in the viewfinder (though I'm going to fit one as soon as the warranty on the camera runs out), and the viewfinder is so much smaller than that gorgeous huge on on the OMs. Plus they do this weird thing of focusing beyond infinity, which is a bit odd. But, in bright light and with enough time to compose your shot, those old lenses work ace.

2.- Because of some stuff I don't understand or isn't worth explaining, your old lenses double their focal length. So if you have an old 50mm lens (standard length back in the day), on the DSLR it becomes a 100mm equivalent. So it's suddenly a short telephoto. Again, this is no biggie, except that:
a)any wide angle lenses you have now become standard prime sort of lenses;
b) any zoom or telephoto lenses you have now become super mad crazy zooms or telephotos, which are very very hard to use effectively because of shake and so on.

Does that make sense?

MiscellaneousFiles

It does make sense. A lot more sense than I could get out of the man in the shop, actually.

I've got various lenses for the OM, which could be fun to mess about with, but I reckon I'll go for a body & lens kit if I can find the funds. Very cheap for a DSLR, anyway.

mart
Yeah, deffo get one with a lens. Having all those extra OM Zuiko lenses is just a really fun added bonus (it's the main reason I bought mine, though I use the lens it came with 90% of the time).

I also picked up some macro extension rings from a charity shop the other day, which mean I can use my old Zuiko lens really really close up, for a strangely pin-sharp-and-dreamy-soft focusing effect:

-

mart
Now, is it just me, or has only half of that photo come out?
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you had your finger across the lens. Happens to me all the time.
mart
 -
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. You'll be able to cherish that... mushroom? piece of wood? for years to come. You've truly done justice to it's memory.
MiscellaneousFiles

Damn it - you're making me want to spend money!

Stupid credit crunch...

mart
walnut shell
mart
Here's a clever/crap one just for you Thorn:

-

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by mart:
a clever/crap one

Nice. I like the way you've got clever reflected in the crap.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
Walnut shell, I reckon.

ETA: I should F5 before replying, shouldn't I.

[ 16.10.2008, 12:15: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------

Louche
I thought it was a conker husk.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I thought it was The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac.

--------------------

Louche
Poor mart.
MiscellaneousFiles

Wasn't it a winkie?
Louche
Maybe it is pecorino romano.
doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not the remains of a broken boar's skull then?

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+