Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Modern Day Achievements (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Modern Day Achievements
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
At least one of your cheques should arrive before the end of the weekend. I was told it was being sent a couple of days ago.

But I've already spent that one on a new telly.

It's not a problem really. Sorry for nagging, boss.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dirty.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
At least one of your cheques should arrive before the end of the weekend. I was told it was being sent a couple of days ago.

But I've already spent that one on a new telly.

It's not a problem really. Sorry for nagging, boss.

No worries. The other one's coming from a bunch of crazy wops down in London so I'm not sure about that one, or what sort of state it'll be in when it arrives. Probably a suitcase full of bloodstained banknotes. Living Literature insert looked good btw.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ETA: Can I have a copy or two of each catalogue, please?

[ 20.10.2008, 04:34: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never worn Crocs, but I do know someone who wears them a lot.
From this I have learned, by proxy, that they are lightweight, comfortable, enable good airflow past the feet in summer and they float and are unharmed by water. For these reasons I intended to buy some for a boating trip I want on in the summer. However I was surprised and displeased to find they were retailing for thirty quid. This is for a 20g lump of expanded plastic which I’m sure costs 0.000001p to produce.

I’m pretty sure that a significant proportion of China’s economic expansion can be directly linked to the sale of Crocs, and actually when you think about it that has turned out to be handy for the rest of the world in terms of economy propping loans.

So. That is what I think about Crocs.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry about that giant Chingo Kebab, earlier, but in my mind was the thought 'god that chin is so pointy you could.......stick a variety of meats on it and call it a shish. One photoshop later and it was uploaded before I knew what I was doing. Sorry Ringo. Sorry everyone.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get totally riled by crocs, but I get the feeling that most Londoners know better than to wear luminous plastic clogs in public. I don't see them much.
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rooster (I really need to find my login for this computer):
I've never felt superior to people because of what they wear or eat or what establishments they frequent.

Up until last fall I had never used a port-o-potty, but I was at a festival all day while pregnant, so had to sadly break that trend.

I guess that isn't something avoided despite modern advances though because it wasn't like I was going in the woods instead...I was just holding it until getting home or to somewhere with nicer accommodations.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your almost making out that judging people on their footwear is a bad thing, Roo.

--------------------

doc d
late to the party
 - posted      Profile for doc d           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mart:
Harlequin looks a bit like Damo in that last one -- the one with the rollneck diaster happening on Ringo.

gee thanks buddy.
doc d
late to the party
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Big Nuts:
I don't get totally riled by crocs, but I get the feeling that most Londoners know better than to wear luminous plastic clogs in public. I don't see them much.

no the fuckers wear sandals. in all weathers. fuckers.
Jimmy Big Nuts
CounterCulture Vex'
 - posted      Profile for Jimmy Big Nuts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, and flip flops. Twats.
doc d
late to the party
birkenstocks!
wankers!

why do they all think that the streets want to see their feet?

WANKERS!

doc d
late to the party
so, yeah, meet soon? exposing our feets to the streets.
New Way Of Decay

Sole meat.

--------------------

doc d
late to the party
brother's gonna walk it out.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doc d:
gee thanks buddy.

It wasn't an insult.
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But yeah. I'll bring my Clarks "active air" Ranch Drive specials down to those grimy London streets for a feetmeat.
doc d
late to the party
feetmeat.
tasty!

herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feetmeet = trotters.

I have not one, but TWO pairs of crocs. One was a present, admittedly. First of all I thought I'd just wear them in the garden, but then they were so comfy I wore them to the local shop. Then the big shops. Before I knew it I was wearing them to work. I'm sorry.

MiscellaneousFiles

You're on dangerous ground there herbs. A slippery slope, even. You'll be wearing a dressing gown and pearls to the shops before long...
New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by herbs:
Feetmeet = trotters.

I have not one, but TWO pairs of crocs. One was a present, admittedly. First of all I thought I'd just wear them in the garden, but then they were so comfy I wore them to the local shop. Then the big shops. Before I knew it I was wearing them to work. I'm sorry.

Gutted [Frown]

[ 17.10.2008, 16:21: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
they were retailing for thirty quid.

They are US$30 in the States, but like most things when for sale in the UK, they take the number and just swap out the $ for the £.

Case in point, I just bought two pair of Nike 95's for $109 a pair. $218 + $20 shipping from home = $238 or roughly £117. Or, one pair here for £110
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:

I’m pretty sure that a significant proportion of China’s economic expansion can be directly linked to the sale of Crocs

Crocs are a product of Mexico actually.

And while I would NEVER wear them outside, they have become my house shoes and are incredibly comfortable, yet disgusting at the same time.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

doc d
late to the party
mike judge makes commentary on crocs in idiocracy.
Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
What happened to the people from Friday's Child? The forums really hotting up and they've left because they couldn't handle the hectic pace. I bet McDirts wears crocs.

I've been I've been too busy for internets. I'm back now. I don't own Crocs. No one should own Crocs. They should not be allowed.

McDirts is more of a Birkenstock man.

[ 19.10.2008, 11:28: Message edited by: Lilo ]

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Crocs are a product of Mexico actually
Really? The ones I saw definitely had a Made in China stamp - so they were FAKES selling for £30! [Mad]

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+