email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Nick Cave (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Nick Cave
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lilo:
Thus ends my Nick Cave chat.

There's not a single time you can recall when you ran into Nick?

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During one of the many after parties for the News At Ten that went on in the early noughties I recall Cave bursting in just as Huw Evans was going down on me in the handicapped toilets. The look in Cave's eyes was priceless, the shock and then the tears, "You're not disabled!" he cried out.
"Mmmmffgh huunhh hunnhhh!" replied Evans.
I think he learnt a valuable lesson that day as it was not long after that he wrote The Proposition.

[ 11.11.2008, 06:20: Message edited by: McDirts ]

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
quote:
Thus ends my Nick Cave chat.

There's not a single time you can recall when you ran into Nick?
I think I've already mentioned on this place that I was once at a book launch Nick Cave was at, but I didn't actually see him, I just read about his presence in the Bookseller the next week?

THUS REALLY DOES END MY NICK CAVE CHAT.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think I've already mentioned on this place that I was once at a book launch Nick Cave was at, but I didn't actually see him, I just read about his presence in the Bookseller the next week?

Of course you didn't see him. He lurks in the shadows until he wants to reveal himself. Even though you think Nick Cave is nowhere near you, you could well be less than 3 seconds from a Nick Cave attack.
McDirts
TMO Member
I once went to watch a band called Grinderman and bugger me if Nick Cave didn't run on stage and proceed to dominate their whole gig. It really was embarrassing, I'm surprised they didn't tell him to piss off.
missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Of course you didn't see him. He lurks in the shadows until he wants to reveal himself. Even though you think Nick Cave is nowhere near you, you could well be less than 3 seconds from a Nick Cave attack.

This is so true. My brother lives down the road from Nick Cave and it's a rare day if he hasn't seen him leap from the bushes or from behind the shed or a car. He didn't really mind at first, the novelty of being so close to Nick Cave outweighing the annoyance of the shock of an attack, but now my bro's girlfriend is pregnant and shouldn't be subjected to that much stress he's considering a restraining order.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
McDirts
TMO Member
37th window from the left, three rows down on the top block?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
37th window from the left, three rows down on the top block?

That's Nick alright.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick built both of these buildings with his bare hands. The top one includes a wing for each of the Bad Seeds, but Nick himself lives in the one shown beneath. Its many floors provide cramped Auschwitz-style accomodation for his army of shaven-headed concubines.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Goddamn, that rock would be annoying.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd rather live next to that rock that live next to my current neighbours who seem to enjoy pumping techno into my face at 3am most mornings.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I think I'd rather live next to that rock that live next to Nick Cave who seem to enjoy breaking in and pumping spunk into my face at 3am most mornings.
McDirts
TMO Member
Nick's so rock that's where he lives.
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You talk about this Nick guy as if he's on the same level as Chuck Norris. As if.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Chuck Norris has gone to being awesome to a massive **** in the space of a couple of weeks.
McDirts
TMO Member
Two different beasts Ralph. Two different beasts. Comparing Nick to Chuck is like comparing fire to ice, water to the earth, shit to piss.

[ 12.11.2008, 07:11: Message edited by: McDirts ]

ralph

You better hope Chuck Norris doesn't read that CiH.
McDirts
TMO Member
You know Ron Paul's a nutter don't you?
MiscellaneousFiles

Cherry could probably handle Chuck Norris these days. Even in his dressing gown.
McDirts
TMO Member
What would Chuck be doing in Cherry's dressing gown?
ralph

Anything he wanted to.
ralph

quote:
You know Ron Paul's a nutter don't you?

And Obama isn't? They're all nutters dude. Wake up and smell the coffee for christs sake.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 -
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Feeling guilty and cheap and used, wondering whether he had enough cash in the jeans crumpled on Cherry's floor to pay for a cab to the station. Maybe making a cup of tea and thinking about the way Cherry wouldn't look him in the eye when he left for work. Breaking down in tears and cursing himself for being so weak and dirty and easy.
ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
 -

But with his tax plan you wouldn't be able to feed the puppy. You'd eventually have to eat it.
Thorn Davis

I thought he promised that no one earning less than $250k a year will see their taxes go up. You can feed a puppy on $250k a year. I am sure of it.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Yeah, most people will be getting a tax cut, I think it's something like the top 5% of earners and corporations that will see increased taxes.
ralph

But what he didn't mention is that come 2010 he's allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. So after that my taxes will go up, even if he cuts them a little bit, they'll still be higher than they are now. Stupid Obama.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Yeah, but you earn loads so you should pay more taxes so it's all OK. It is helping out the people who don't earn that much.
ralph

lol. So where's my incentive to make more money? I'll just go on the dole and let the rich support me! Woo hoo! [Roll Eyes]
Thorn Davis

Yeah, that's basic economics - people should be taxed according to their ability to pay. That's how you structure a tax program.
McDirts
TMO Member
Anyhow Roy, it's either pay those taxes or keep increasing that National Debt... what's it gonna be?
McDirts
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:

Feeling guilty and cheap and used, wondering whether he had enough cash in the jeans crumpled on Cherry's floor to pay for a cab to the station. Maybe making a cup of tea and thinking about the way Cherry wouldn't look him in the eye when he left for work. Breaking down in tears and cursing himself for being so weak and dirty and easy.
Chuck doesn't have one night stands, he has one night KO's.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
lol. So where's my incentive to make more money? I'll just go on the dole and let the rich support me! Woo hoo! [Roll Eyes]

Well, OK. If that's what you want, but you'll probably find that you're much much worse off on the dole than you are even paying a higher tax rate. Even if everything after 250K was taxed at one hundred percent, you'd still be so much better off than someone on the dole that you couldn't even make a meaningful comparison between your lifestyles.

As for your 'incentive' to earn more money... well, I don't believe that's ever really been an issue. It's something rich people fall back on because they want to keep more money. But - seriously - no one ever, ever turns round and says "You know what, I'm not going to bother taking that other job that pays $50k more than what I earn now, because, fuck it, some of it will go in tax".

This topic is comprised of pages: 10 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+