Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » A Bit of a Do (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: A Bit of a Do
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my work's christmas party tonight. We're going for a curry and a getting-drunk.

What's everybody else doing? Anything exotic? Anyone avoiding theirs? Christmas? Yes? No?

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're having a pint and some sandwiches on the 18th. Should be awful.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got an upstairs room booked above a pub near the office. Due to spending cuts we're all having to bring stuff for it. I've been picked to bring the plastic sheeting, duct tape and bleach.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
plastic sheeting, duct tape and bleach.

Wahey! Three Things In a Holdall! The perfect Christmas Party Game.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're going *here and eating *this on the 23rd.

LOL @ "Winner of the Pride of Reading Awards 2006"
I bet that prestigious award ceremony was hosted by the likes of Kate Winslet and Ricky Gervais.

[ 11.12.2008, 06:25: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our christmas party was cancelled. It's probably for the best.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not looking forward to ours. It's tomorrow. It's a sit-down meal in a restaurant near London Bridge. Apparently party games are planned. Lots of the girls are having the afternoon off to go and get ready. I'm not going to be drinking much, which I feel may dampen any latent enthusiasm. It will be a question of working out how early I can sneak off.

Bit tricky being the boss. You have to go, to show 'team leadership', but know said team won't really enjoy themselves until you've gone.

Lilo
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Lilo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're going for lunch at the Royal Automobile Club.

It's going to be SO DULL. The food will be nice, I suppose. And there will be champagne. But still.

McDirts
TMO Member
Come to mine if you want, I guarantee you won't leave.
Lilo
TMO Member
Shall we switch? You'd have to wear a suit and tie to the lunch. And denim isn't allowed. Nor are notebooks on the table.

THERE BE RULES.

McDirts
TMO Member
Any shitting on glass topped coffee tables after Dinner? Being as how you can't smoke a fine cigar indoors anymore....
Lilo
TMO Member
You can play bridge?
rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
froopy usually lets us start the Christmas season today (the day after his birthday), but I've gone and extended his birthday until tonight because of some scheduling issues, so I can't discuss holiday plans yet.
McDirts
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lilo:
You can play bridge?

stinky bridge?
Lilo
TMO Member
Um. No?
McDirts
TMO Member
STIFF
sabian

- posted      Profile for sabian           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
What's everybody else doing? Anything exotic? Anyone avoiding theirs? Christmas? Yes? No?

I'm gonna fuck the receptionist in the pooper cuz she's preggers and I have enough respect for her man not to poke his kid's head with my cock.

Then, I'm going to pound a bottle of Spiced Rum and smoke an 8th with the IT guy cuz he's a square and I think it'll be funny.

Then, I'm going to knock the head of learning's teeth out cuz he's a prick and deserves it.

And, finally, I'm going to put the finance lady's head through her computer monitor and steal her money which I'll use to buy everyone a kebab!

Yay for my first office party!

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no office party for me. Why? 'cause I'm not working. Go me!!!
sabian

quote:
Originally posted by Amy:
'cause I'm not working. Go me!!!

It's work shy people like you that put us into this situation Amy! Shame on you. Shame on you.

--------------------
Evil isn't what you've done, it's feeling bad about it afterwards... Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

Amy
Transatlantic temptress
 - posted      Profile for Amy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sabian, I'm on medical leave. That's why I'm not working. I is broken. [Frown]
sabian

That's what all the work dodgers say!

[Smile]

--------------------

LowLevel
He's just a sweet transvestite !
 - posted      Profile for LowLevel           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, still being thieving, gypsy, contractor scum - Will not be attending the works Christmas bash this year...

P.S. Is McDirt me, in a Kovacs/Terrier kinda thing?

--------------------
If sir requires spall, may I suggest the .90 calibre depleted uranium ?

McDirts
TMO Member
absolutely. You've got me bang to rights squire.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our do on Friday was a strange affair. The company had hired a restaurant near London Bridge, and we had a big sit-down do. But one of the directors had hilariously hired some spoof waiters to play tricks on us. Before the meal, canapes were handed round comprising a slice of carrot, a jelly baby and a hula hoop. Imagine the hilarity as people wondered whether to eat them out of politeness, or think 'fail'.

Then during the meal an 'engineer' kept disappearing under tables to do some 'repairs' and 'finding' a pair of giant pants. And a 'staggeringly drunk' 'sommelier' would come round with some wine, called Piss or something, and fill up our glasses. Most people didn't realise they were all an act, and got confused. Making the joke not really, er, funny apart from for the director who organised it all.

But the food was nice, and there was the requisite amount of unpleasant flirting, so that was a plus.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your director sounds like a **** .

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not just a meme or nothing, I mean, come-on this guy is just a fucking idiot. I imagine if your the director of a company your life has got to be about 50 times more pleasant than your average Joe. I don't want to start getting into the mathematics of how much more fun this guys life could be, but this idea that maybe some dude who's having a really hard time with it at the moment decides to show for the works do. I mean, yeah, they'll be some food and a few drinks and, you know it might not be that bad after all. So when you get there, you're pulled up on stage while your director takes a shit. Takes a shit onto a paper plate. Winds back his hand and smushes it into your face like a cream pie. Yeah, you fuck. There's your fucking christmas party. A great big shit. In your face. A ha ha ha.

[ 16.12.2008, 03:44: Message edited by: New Way Of Decay ]

--------------------

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I imagine if your the director of a company your life has got to be about 50 times more pleasant than your average Joe.

You're going to have to show me your working to let me know how you arrived at this figure, because I've just done this calculation myself and arrived at the opposite conclusion.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
I imagine if you're the director of a company your life has got to be about 50 times more pleasant than your average Joe.

I'm the director of a company and my life is fucking miserable. Mind you, I don't actually have any employees apart from myself, and I have to keep buying him pints to keep him happy, freeloading bastard.
New Way Of Decay

Yeah, to be fair, if I found myself hiring someone to crawl under a table and produce a pair of prop pants in the name of hilarity I'd shoot myself in the face. Except the gun would just fire a stick and flag with 'bang' on it.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Because I'm kerazay! Hahhahahaa.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

[Frown]

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seriously though, you should shoot yourself in the face.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a horrible thing to say, even in jest.
New Way Of Decay

No, come on he's probably right.

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
yes. Seriously. You should.

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+