Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Bon Scott Memorial (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Bon Scott Memorial
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, make a Facebook group. (you might need someone to do it for you) For some reason some ***** lap that shit up. The thing you've got going for you is AC/DC fans enthusiasm, so the more enthusiasm you show for it, the more excitement you'll generate from them. Imagine 10,000 fans of The Deece marching on Overhill to see a blue plaque.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
Also, make a Facebook group. (you might need someone to do it for you)

What, like, a grown-up?

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I meant someone who doesn't keep a secret facebook account which is the only explanation to why I've not been added.

--------------------

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fucking HATE facebook. The only reason I've got an account is because my Dad was ill in hospital and the only way my cousins would communicate was by facebook. Honestly! Fucking facebook! So I played ball, now I can't get rid of the fuckers and all these people I thought I'd left for dead are trying to 'add me as a friend'. It's a nightmare.

--------------------
sweet

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize I'm probably over-simplifying things, but couldn't you just NOT GO TO FACEBOOK?

[ 15.04.2009, 12:42: Message edited by: ralph ]

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iF bm DIDN'T GO TO fACEBOOK WE'D HAVE TO CREATE A MEMORIAL PAGE THERE IN MEMORY OF HIM NOT GOING TO FACEBOOK.
Black Mask

quote:
Well I meant someone who doesn't keep a secret facebook account which is the only explanation to why I've not been added.

Do you wanna do it, NWoD? That way you'll definitely have to be there for the unveiling with Angus and Malcolm.

--------------------
sweet

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm
Black Mask

Okay. There is now a facebook page for 'Bon Scott memorial'. Find it. Join it.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I don't know how to edit it. And Apprentice is starting now.

--------------------
sweet

missgolightly

- posted      Profile for missgolightly           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've joined. There seems to be approx a million Bon Scott Facebook pages - is there a quick and easy way to spam them with a link to the memorial group?
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by missgolightly:
I've joined.

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by missgolightly:
is there a quick and easy way to spam them with a link to the memorial group?

I haven't a clue. I HATE facebook. I don't find it easy to use.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

I'm totally with you on Facebook and what a chore and a load of bullshit it is. My mum said recently 'now you're on facebook, we can keep in contact regularly' - I mean, what about letters mum? What about the postal servive? What about a fucking phone mum? What about email? No, it's come down to fucking Facebook for my mum to communicate to me after 28 years. Shoop de woop. Even then she just tries to superpoke me.

--------------------

Black Mask

I just made missgolightly an admin.

You're next.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

Oh I've just added myself. You should get a decent description of the plaque, sort of explain that you want the council to get a plaque done, the address and that the members who join really need to email that address. Perhaps a picture of the place too or most people will just cruise on by. Tell them you're going to melt down thousands of metal records that don't feature Bon Scott on and make them into a vinyl statue.

--------------------

Black Mask

Dude! There's a tiny little space to write all that shit. Where's it all go? The Wall? Info? The Discussion Board?

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we email that address what are we supposed to put? Full details of where we want the plaque or just that we want to nominate Bonn Scott?
Black Mask

Um... I sent a longish email nominating him a while back. They're a bit vague about how much detail each email needs... I imagine once Bon Scott's on their radar every subsequent Bon Scott vote goes in the hat.

--------------------
sweet

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, just sent them an email with a brief summary of what we're after and why. I'll see if I can drum up any further support from my metal minded friends and colleagues.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natch I am in and have joined the facebook group accordingly.

Incidentally a bit of trivia for you - Gary Holton, the guy who played the West Ham supporting Wayne from Auf Wiedersehen Pet was offered the job of front man of AC/DC after Bon's death, but turned it down as he thought it would get him back onto the smack. Silly boy thought acting would keep him clean - it didn't and he died from an OD.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now a fan of the Bon Scott Memorial. Is that how it works, I become a fan?

--------------------
supa scrub

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Um... I sent a longish email nominating him a while back. They're a bit vague about how much detail each email needs... I imagine once Bon Scott's on their radar every subsequent Bon Scott vote goes in the hat.

We should perhaps compose some copypasta on the facebook group and encourage people to use that.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

You realise also BM that if this works out it will be the second internet campaign you've pulled off for great justice?

--------------------

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's almost up there with the 4chan rigging of the time person of the year vote which has been entertaining me recently.
New Way Of Decay

I bulked that up a bit Barry with a pre-written letter. Adjust until you are content.

--------------------

Black Mask

quote:
You realise also BM that if this works out it will be the second internet campaign you've pulled off for great justice?

Second?

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

quote:
I bulked that up a bit Barry with a pre-written letter. Adjust until you are content.

That's beautiful, dude.

--------------------
sweet

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
quote:

Second?
Jordan and Monkey Boy, Amazon. Made the pages of the Metro.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Thank you for making your nomination for a blue plaque. You won't have to do anything further regarding the nomination.
The short list of nominations will be available on the Southwark website later on in the year.
Thank you again for taking the time out to make your nomination.

Awesome.

--------------------

Black Mask

It's on FIRE!

EDIT: This isn't working, is it?

[ 17.04.2009, 04:21: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of AC/DC, I had a ticket to go and see them last night, but didn't bother in the end. Let my friend's wife have it instead.
McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll never forget the look on my neighbour's son's face when I gave him my tickets for their show at the Astoria. That must've been back in feb '79.
I wouldn't have minded going but I had a bit of work to do on the car so had to let it pass.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have gone if it was a standing ticket, but being seated up in the rafters just sounded like an exercise in frustration.
Black Mask

The campaign got a mention in the AC/DC article in the back pages of today's Time Out!

Woot!

I'm awaiting the inevitable torrent of emails with bated breath.

--------------------
sweet

This topic is comprised of pages: 3 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+