Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » Air Farce One / Swine Flu (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Air Farce One / Swine Flu
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget the solder in your X-Box.

--------------------
sweet

McDirts
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for McDirts           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Well, not so much a link but I walk to and from work, all my light bulbs are energy efficient, I have a mostly vegetarian diet (probably eat meat 2 times a week), most of the veg I buy is grown locally. I refill washing up liquid bottles etc rather than having to get a new one made.

-

[ 29.04.2009, 07:39: Message edited by: McDirts ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDirts:
 -

Well, because of my gay lifestyle I don't run the risk of pregnancy so I don't have to destroy the environment by shipping in ozone destroying condoms from the middle east like you straight playboys use.

I do seem to have to spend a lot on groin creams to get rid of the itching though.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we've kinda moved away from the pig aids en/pan/epidemic but I thought this was rather interesting and kinda highlights what a ridiculous load of nonsense this swine flu really is

make click [Big Grin]

McDirts
TMO Member
Groin Cream...? Is that the same as Jizz Spunk or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick here?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
all my light bulbs are energy efficient

Which likely contain mercury, a disposal nighmare and hazrd to all living things.

quote:
(probably eat meat 2 times a week)
most of the veg I buy is grown locally

probably? most? you seem a bit confused as to what you eat and where it comes from. why should I believe anything you say?

quote:
I refill washing up liquid bottles etc rather than having to get a new one made.

And this washing up liquid that you use...is it a petroleum-based product? Brand name please or stfu.
McDirts
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I know we've kinda moved away from the pig aids en/pan/epidemic but I thought this was rather interesting and kinda highlights what a ridiculous load of nonsense this swine flu really is

make click [Big Grin]

I think the main reason they're erring on the side of caution is this comment though -

About 9 out of 10 of those deaths are among people older than 65, Currie said. Most times, they already have health problems that the flu makes worse, he said. "Regular influenza can be taxing," he said. "It causes their underlying disease to decompensate and then they don't have the reserves to get through it. "While it may not be the direct cause listed on the death certificate, it certainly contributed." One of the reasons medical experts are nervous about the swine flu outbreak is that many of the people who have died in Mexico have been young and otherwise healthy.

Ringo

Actually we were never talking about it in the first place were we
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Bea Arthur. What about Bea Arthur?

--------------------
supa scrub

McDirts
TMO Member
We really were never talking about it. You're absolutely right.
I feel a bit of an idiot now.

ralph

what about her?
Ringo

Anyway, there's erring on the side of caution, and then there's the silly media hysteria and cancelled flights, with leaflets being sent out to all UK homes about how to avoid hamageddon etc etc.

The article also points out that regular flu can cause death in young people too, and obviously Mexico being a poorer country isn't going to have access to the kind of medical care available in the US and Europe. Which might explain why nobody has died from it outside of Mexico.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erm...

but I still agree with what you're saying.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

McDirts
TMO Member
I've got a sore throat. I did eat an enchilada four days ago, so I'm quarantining myself, just to be on the safe side.
squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
what about her?

She's dead. What with all this bird flu, I thought it couldn't be a coincidence.

--------------------
supa scrub

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
probably? most? you seem a bit confused as to what you eat and where it comes from. why should I believe anything you say?

Well, I don't eat the same things every week so it averages to about twice a week. And yes, most of the vegetables I buy are locally sourced. Sometimes I'll get things that are out of season here if it's something I really fancy.

quote:
And this washing up liquid that you use...is it a petroleum-based product? Brand name please or stfu.
Ecover
Ringo

quote:
I've got a sore throat. I did eat an enchilada four days ago, so I'm quarantining myself, just to be on the safe side.

Pork enchiladas, you weirdo? You deserve pigflu
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The outbreak of swine flu should be renamed "Mexican" influenza in deference to Muslim and Jewish sensitivities over pork, an Israeli health official has said.

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it offensive to call it swine flu, when it's flu which originated from swine?

[dailymail] it's political correctness gone mad, I tell you![/dailymail]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Which might explain why nobody has died from it outside of Mexico.

There has been a death in the US.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I mean it's not like this flu is a really lovely thing, and the association with swine makes it offensive to those who consider pigs unclean. It's bloody horrible. It's a nasty thing. Like pigs, if you're a Joo.

Besides, Mexican Flu would sound pretty fucking racist.

[ 29.04.2009, 09:40: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by rooster:

Blame the Tex-Mex?
Ringo

Maybe it should be rebranded as Abrahamic Flu just to really spite those stupid, whiny religious fucks.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Maybe it should be rebranded as Abrahamic Flu just to really spite those stupid, whiny religious fucks.

JooFloo has a nice ring.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslimfluenza

--------------------
sweet

Black Mask

I hear it originated in Atishooana.

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

"Sorry, I can't come in today because I've got IsrAIDS"
Black Mask

I can't think of any more... that's pathetic.

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

"also, my Mohammerrhoids are playing up"
froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
quote:
Originally posted by rooster:

Blame the Tex-Mex?
I'm pleased to see the WHO have issued a ban on pig-licking til further notice, and as a non pig-licker I'm relieved to be 100% safe from the pigflu. I don't know why so many people make the lifestyle choice to lick pigs, but maybe the swine flu is just God's way of punishing them for immoral pig-tonguing.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

Ringo

quote:
quote:

Pork enchiladas, you weirdo? You deserve pigflu
Ohhhhh ok I just got it...
ralph

idiot ringo
McDirts
TMO Member
Don't stand for that Ringo.
ralph

idiot McDirts
McDirts
TMO Member
Don't stand for that McDirts.

This topic is comprised of pages: 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+