How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » The original Lunch Club© (Page 20)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: The original Lunch Club©
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Your version would be better though on account of you not being a complete **** . Which that guy definitely is.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
When we were talking about it though, it was just a regular guy with a regular expression on his face.

This guy though, Ridiculous hipster hair. Fucking awful fringe, stupid glasses, ludicrous beard, hairy chest on display in an ironic fashion, awful jacket, "trendy" wrist band.

And his facial expression. He really thinks he is the shit. He thinks he is so good. He is the sort of person I imagine vikram idolising.

He's just awful.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post 
that's how everybody looks in London these days. Literally, everybody. That facial expression is how we show altruistic joy for the success of a loved one.

[ 19.11.2009, 09:10: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
 -

At a Haringey council public debate, three young members of the North London Liberal Democrats pitch the urgent need to renovate social housing in their area.

[ 19.11.2009, 09:21: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Ringo

Look at the 'tache on that guy in the background. The fuck does he think he is?
Kanye West
TMO Member
a hopeful candidate for 2010 local elections.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I discovered I'd dicked around on the internet for too long and was too hungry to go and buy some soup but I found a pack of happy shopper bourbon creams hidden under paperwork on my desk so I'm eating some of them for lunch.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
lunch today will be crumpets with butter and either marmite or jam.
Ringo

Mmmm marmitey crumpets. I'm back on the bagels today, this time it's breaded ham and wholegrain english mustard. I've doubled up on the ham slices to enhance the meatiness. I'll have to eat quickly though as I've got to shoot out at lunch to buy a copy of Assassin's Creed II
Kanye West
TMO Member
off topic, but with chistmas coming up, how about we all meet up for a beer at some point soon? possible?
Ringo

Yeah I'd be up for that. Would it have to be london? Given that you're the only one who still lives there and all.

Hey what's everyone doing at the weekend? I'm moving in with my girlfriend. Might play some Assassin's Creed II as well.

Kanye West
TMO Member
dragon age i reckon.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I'm moving in with my girlfriend.

Good luck! I've done this twice now (I mean... not with your girlfriend, obviously). Once was a horrible mistake, the second time was brilliant. The interesting thing was that both times it was obvious within the first five minutes whether it was the right thing to do or not.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Im going to a party in Croydon. Imagine that! Croydon! [Frown]
Kanye West
TMO Member
abby, it must have been a difficult decision to out yourself as belle du jour. Hope it still feels like the right thing to do.
Ringo

quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
I'm moving in with my girlfriend.

Good luck! I've done this twice now (I mean... not with your girlfriend, obviously). Once was a horrible mistake, the second time was brilliant. The interesting thing was that both times it was obvious within the first five minutes whether it was the right thing to do or not.
Cheers. I think this will go well (obviously - it'd be pretty foolish if I didn't) as we've been virtually cohabiting for a while now anyway. Just with the odd day a week or so when I've had to go to my parents' house for things like clothes and occasionally food.

We were planning on waiting for this complicated situation with her ex was resolved (long story but they had a shared ownership place together on a joint mortgage which has taken some time to sort out) but since things don't look like being sorted in the immediate future we decided there was no sense in waiting.

Hopefully it'll be plain sailing as we won't have any major issues. The flat is a bit on the small side for two of us but I reckon we'll be ok until we can sort something out in the future.

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
Im going to a party in Croydon. Imagine that! Croydon! [Frown]

I can imagine that. It's not really a sadface issue, unless you hate blacks and muslims.
Thorn Davis

In many ways I preferred living in Croydon to living in more trendy and popular Wimbledon. Croydon was less full of wankers driving around in 4x4s, it was less completely and depressingly white, it was cheaper, and despite the fact that Wimbledon is 'in London' it was much easier and quicker to get 'into London' from Croydon. Plus! Croydon has the excellent and innovative tramlink service. Technically Wimbledon had this too, but tellingly the only place it would take you to... was Croydon.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
My brother lives in Croydon, fact fans.

But he won't be there this weekend, Abby, sorry.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I can imagine that too as I'm putting on a gig in Croydon Wednesday next week. You'd like the venue abby. Got an EBM band on in February.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Kanye West
TMO Member
oh is that The Resonance Association?

[ 20.11.2009, 08:01: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm listening to maiden's 'seventh son of a seventh son'.
Kanye West
TMO Member
it's like a kick-ass italian horror film from the early eighties, only in music form.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:

*thumbs up* One of the first Heavy Metal Albums I ever bought. Today I am listening to nothing but Type O Negative - a band I completely overlooked and am now wondering how the hell I missed them - just extraordinarily brilliant....

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:

Fucking love that album. The Evil That Men Do was pretty much the first metal song I ever heard. Recorded it off the Top 40 and thought "This is what all music should sound like!" I was only a kid though, and I was too scared to actually buy Iron Maiden albums. I used to pick them up in the shop and nervously imagine what the rest of music might sound like.
Thorn Davis

Now I'm listening to Maiden riffs in my head and it's making me happy.
Thorn Davis

Here's a weird thing about Maiden. The artwork, sound, song titles and lyrics are exactly the kind of thing that are used to mock heavy metal. Yet, all those things about Maiden are actually fucking awesome. How does that work? It'd be like saying 'British people are ugly' and then by way of example citing Liz Hurley, Kate Moss and Joseph Fiennes.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I suppose it's all a bit earnest, geeky, and unsexy.
Thorn Davis

-

Look at that. Wallop! What a brilliant cover for a single. The fist through the head is awesome enough, but they've chucked in some soupy brain eating as well and - fuck it - nails through the cheek for good measure.

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Without wanting to get all Doe-eyed and nostalgic, but inevitably doing so anyway, I think there is a lot lost from Sunday evenings crouched round the radio checking out the tunes of the day - certainly became a lot more of a pastime for my generation when it was moved from its previous Thursday lunchtime slot. But I used to site with an old Ferranti portable radio and awkwardly recording each song via the condenser microphone in my Alba cassette records, stopping and rewinding if it was deemed rubbish after a minute or so. You'd then give it a listen, and by the next week have your definates for re-recording in next weeks chart as you went through the whole procedure again.

I wonder if people actually listen to the charts anymore on a Sunday night? I suppose some do or are they too busy drinking cider and throwing stones of motorway bridges? Kids eh readers? [Smile]

But I digress, the real killers were when you went out and bought the actual album - talking of seventh son, although I have not looked at that album in years I can pretty much remember it perfectly as I spent hours coveting that, as it was one of my first records, and your mates would come round and you would study the album cover, back to front - I can still, more that 20 years later remember most of the Maiden 'links' on the back of the album - "Acacia Avenue" with of course a door to 22 listed, the clock reading 23:58, adverts for the Aces high bar,the inclusion of the Ruskin Arms - classic. Don't make them like that any more....

[ 20.11.2009, 09:16: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Kanye West
TMO Member
It is a good album. It's balls out, joyful, completely uncynical.
Thorn Davis

Compare fisted-zombie-head with the kind of thing the rock press takes seriously:

-

This one doesn't even have a brain on it! WTF!

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hope it still feels like the right thing to do.
Hi Benway! Thanks for your concern. Obviously I had hoped to avoid this ever happening, and it is a difficult time for my family. But to be honest the massive pile of cash I have netted through the book and TV rights, not to mention the actual sexing, has softened the blow!

As for the Croydon issue, all your supportive words have allayed my fears somewhat. As has the discovery that there are trains running back to London Bridge pretty much through the night.
I don’t expect the blacks and Muslims to be a problem, as we have lots of them in vibrant, multicultural Hackney as well. …Lol! Imagine if I get mugged in Croydon now!

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Kanye West
TMO Member
 -

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  59  60  61 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+