How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » The original Lunch Clubİ (Page 33)

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  59  60  61 

Author Topic: The original Lunch Clubİ
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. I'm having spinach falafel with a tahini sauce and a salsa in pitta breads with salad and I don't care if people think it is foreign.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Haha. I'm having spinach falafel with a tahini sauce and a salsa in pitta breads with salad and I don't care if people think it is foreign.

Then the terrorists have won...
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post 
it's home time.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Change of plans. Don't have time to prepare the falafel stuff as it needs to chill for two hours and I need to go to the pub now so it will be takeaway tonight. I don't know what sort.

Sorry to have mislead you TMO.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Probably something good and English like a curry or a chinese.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
I've only had falafel twice and both times were during my Egypt holiday earlier this year. Once was at Pret in the airport on the way out, the second time was made by beduins in the middle of the desert. I hope that by telling you about something that happened while I was on a holiday I haven't upset Thorn by appearing to be on some kind of quest for cultural authenticity.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I've only bought falafel once and they were alright. I have taken to making them and they are very simple and very tasty and very filling and very cheap as well. You can make four massive falafel burger things for about a poun
Ringo

They were ball shaped both times I had them. Interestingly, the Pret ones tasted exacly the same as the beduin ones, so I think Pret can feel pretty proud of that.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I bet the Pret ones cost about 17 times as much as the beduin ones though so surely you would expect them to be at least as good and preferably better.
Ringo

Well, it's hard to say. The beduin thing was part of an evening excursion booked through the travel agents, so there wasn't an individual price as such. But when you factor in the £500 odd for the holiday, plus £50ish for the excursion, I'm not sure that the Pret ones really worked out cheaper when you look at them in context. Also the pret ones were in a wrap with salad and a sauce while the beduin ones were served plain.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't think you can factor the cost of the flights out and accomodation and the rest of the excursion into the cost of the falafel for these comparison purposes. For that you'd have to factor in the cost of your accomodation to allow you to live near the pret to be able to go and buy falafel from there. You really need to contact the people who arranged the excursion and find out exactly how much of your £50 went towards falafel to make it a proper comparison.
Ringo

I'm not sure about that. For a start, the Pret at the airport isn't the only one in the UK. I suspect most people live within ten miles of a Pret, and they all do pretty much the same range of food.

There's a bit of civil unrest in that part of the world, so when we went on the excursion into the desert, we had an armed security guy with us. But it wasn't the type of guy you'd get in the UK, all serious and wearing a flak jacket. This guy looked like he was about 15 years old and must have been about 10 stone at the most, wearing a beige suit which was about two sizes too big for him. He had a sub machine gun tucked into his belt. He looked more like a gangster than a security official.

I suppose you don't get that in Pret.

Ringo

chicken and coleslaw sarnie. apple. crusti croc crispy crisps
Kanye West
TMO Member
i am having the team xmas lunch today, which will as always be a bloodbath.
Kanye West
TMO Member
for secret santa i am giving my manager a framed corporate headshot of myself, because she is about to go on maternity.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i'm going to totally trashed in about three hours.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
This guy looked like he was about 15 years old and must have been about 10 stone at the most, wearing a beige suit which was about two sizes too big for him. He had a sub machine gun tucked into his belt.

Egypt's mad innit? My mate went and when looking at some of the architecture told me a policeman held a door shut on a tomb and was laughing and wanted money off him to let him out. I asked him why he didn't kick up a fuss and he said 'they all have sub machine guns' He also got chased by a pack of wild dogs. lol.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

Sharm El Sheikh isn't really proper egypt. No tombs or ancient stuff to look at. Just a bunch of holiday resorts and a load of rocky desert. Good snorkling and diving though becuase it has some of the newest coral reefs in the world.

But yeah, they definitely do things differently out there.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I had to combine the two main courses at the cafeteria to produce a satisfactory lunch. Roast chicken and macaroni cheese.

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Lunch today was gnocchi with a spinach and gorgonzola sauce at Carluccio's and a nice glass of red wine courtesy of the VP or our area. Very nice.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
He got a tray of beer thrown over him and has to do big meetings this afternoon stinking of beer. He did make then knock £20 off the bill for dry cleaning though.
Ringo

A lunch disaster today. Forgot to get bread out of the freezer last night so can only dream about the pastrami and chilli cheese sandwich I was planning. I'm going to have to buy something from the shop instead.

Weak.

Kanye West
TMO Member
i've had a a coffee, a paramol, and a water. Vaguely remember showing my tattoo to a colleague, getting thrown out of a rival financial services firm's party, and sitting in mcdonalds by myself.

[ 10.12.2009, 05:46: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
I can still 'bring the stupid'.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I need Abby to come and be nice to me
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Hah. The last work event I went to I ended the evening by excitedly telling the Vice Chancellor of the whole University the story of the world's tallest man, saving dolphins with his unfeasibly long arms. I remember him looking at me with blank incomprehension and saying something like ...'ok...I have to go over there now'...and then me saying ...'and also he was a Yak herder...that makes it even better...do you see? funny right?'...
Kanye West
TMO Member
hi Abby, how are you?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
That VC sounds like a right prick. Bao Xishun is a fucking legend. Can you imagine the people looking after the dolphins and getting distressed because the dolphins have eaten dangerous stuff and crying 'oh no! We need something really long, like a tall persons long arms to help' and he's walking past and he walks over quietly and interrupts 'excuse me. I hear the dolphins need help and I don't know if this will help but I have long arms' and they all stand around very quietly for a moment and then agree 'yes. ok' So then Bao uses his long arms and everyone is happy because the dolphins are better.

Now look at this picture and try not consider that the HAPPIEST thing you'll hear of all day, if not all year.

-

If that isn't good enough then when people found out about him they asked if there was a Mrs Xishun, he said that no he didn't so a woman saw it on the news and MARRIED him. :glee:

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
awwwwww...

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Plus he is a Yak herder!

You know those olden days shepherds who went on stilts so they could see their sheep far away? Bao Xishun doesn't need stilts to see his Yaks from far away.

-

Hello Benway. I am sad, but that isn't news.

I also have a gratingly enthusiastic and obsequious microscope salesman here, who has forgotten to bring the dongle to make the software work, so I cant use the microscope he is trying to flog me. :mong:

Kanye West
TMO Member
I am sorry to hear that you are sad. I am not too sad, although I have that post-drinking binge unease. What do you think you could do to cheer yourself up?

[ 10.12.2009, 08:19: Message edited by: Kanye West ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
i am making a spotify playlist to try and get through it
Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post 
Cheese and Ham Panini
Kanye West
TMO Member
good work Hades.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I'm glad that we have Hades here to pull this back on topic and talk about his lunch. Why do we have people talking about hangover and dolphins and yaks on a thread that is clearly designed to discuss lunch?

Half a roasted BBQ chicken, chips, mushrooms and gravy.

This topic is comprised of pages: 61 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  59  60  61 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+