Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » I makes a comic book!

Author Topic: I makes a comic book!
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all - I know I don't come around these parts much any more, and, what with the move overseas, the youngster becoming more mobile and the job that eats hours, I don't get much of any time to do much anything anyways.

One thing that I have been doing though, during those quiet moments when either Mrs The Ball, baby Ball or my boss are sleeping, is write a comic book series. A four issue, black and white horror series - drawn by J.C. Grande - called Omnitarium.

Issue one just went on sale here - Indy Planet and I'm quite proud, chuffed and delighted with the result.

So there you go...

Hope you are all well!
BtB [Smile]

--------------------
If Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the fuck down

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's brilliant Benny. You absolutely should be proud of yourself.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done, Benny. I'll email around the comic shops and ask if they can get hold of it.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm slightly confused by that website - it mentions that it's 'all digital' but also says it's 'print on demand'. So er... which is it? $3.50 seems very cheap for PoD.
Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
 - posted      Profile for Benny the Ball           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

BM - the PoD service is also developing a distribution system called ComicsMonkey ComicsMonkey - which also holds the book - I think it tries to match the other comic distribution model of heavy discounts to get books into stores.

The service is a Print on Demand one, I think the digital tag is to do with the ftp and print process - which is misleading. I'm in contact with true digital distributors (comiXology, which uses a reader app on i-products being a big one at the moment) which all seem to do a deal of offering digital downloads of books at $0.99. $3.50 is pretty good, though.

[ 21.11.2009, 02:00: Message edited by: Benny the Ball ]

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
Got my first review for the book today, posted up on Broken Frontier:
Omnitarium Review

Very nice!

--------------------

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
yeah, yeah - I know - terribly uncouth to jump into a party and start prattling on about ones self - but, hey ho, I'm on a different time zone, so there....

Issue two is nearly completed - here's a preview of the cover -

-

Been having fun trying to promote the book and get it out for reviews - so far, so good. I've had about 5 or so online reviews at some well known comic book websites.

Anyway, as you all were...

--------------------

froopyscot
nibbled to death by an okapi
 - posted      Profile for froopyscot           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Chaffey Alley, Earlier Today

Seriously though - nice work.

--------------------
Give 'em .0139 fathoms and they'll take 80 chains.

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered a copy.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Benny the Ball
"oh, hold me"
And for that, you may have my third born (terms and conditions apply)

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+