TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » First time (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: First time
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really buy normal off the shelf bread as I don't eat a lot of it so I buy bread from the bakers at the bottom of my road but that is something like £2.20 for a large loaf which is amazingly expensive for what probably costs about 15p in ingredients.

If a bread maker can't turn out really nice bread then it would be no use to me so I do need to get into making it myself occasionally. It is one of those jobs like washing up that I find it hard to motivate myself to do but when I actually get around to it I actually find it really relaxing.

I do motivate myself to do washing up more often than I motivate myself to make bread fortunately as otherwise my kitchen would be a real mess.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See that's the kind of thing I quite enjoy. Though our kitchen is a bit small to get too involved in mass baking. But stuff like bread, cakes, etc etc. The things you basically mix up on the side then wang in the over for a few hours. I love all that stuff.

The bread from the machine is far from inedible. I just found it all a bit stodgy and often the ingredients weren't mixed as well as you'd have liked. Plus for reasons I can't quite explain, I find a perfect cube of bread deeply unsettling.

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first internet experiences were me and some friends posing as women, entraping and laughing at men looking for online action. But you know, I was 16. Also I went to a grammar school, all boys, which probably stoked the gender bending fires.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to make bread this weekend Ringo, you have inspired me. Did I show you all my rosemary and sea salt foccacia that I made ages ago? I think I did but I can't remember.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now, i am eating a pain au chocolat that I warmed in the oven. Feels pretty good. Rustic.
Kanye West
TMO Member
also, drinking a ridiculously strong coffee that was ground up by the lovely Louise only an hour ago. Authentic.
Ringo

Yeah probably. I don't know. When people start posting pictures of food they made I usually tune out.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Benway, you seem to think you're posting in Thorn's food and snack thread.
Kanye West
TMO Member
i was joining in all this talk about home cooking and feeling good.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I was gratified to see thorn's thread slip out of favour. I think that the good people of TMO know who they can trust to deliver a quality lunch-chat experience.
Kanye West
TMO Member
The Kanye brand is one that forumites can trust.
Kanye West
TMO Member
It's part of the Dr Benway family of brands.
Ringo

Thorn didn't really make any effort to nurture his thread. It could have been successful but he really needed to work a bit harder at it. He mistakenly assumed you could just put it out there and expect people to immediately want to get on board.

[ 11.12.2009, 05:20: Message edited by: Ringo ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I liked the idea of it. It seemed a bit more care-free and relaxed than Benway's lunch thread. You didn't feel you were going to get shouted at for discussing an amusing pidgeon you saw on the way to work rather than what you had eaten whilst on the Benway lunch thread you felt like if you discussed any other meals you were going to get disciplined. I thought the lack of rules would allow it to thrive but it appears that no matter how much we all claim to want freedom we do need guidelines to provide quality threads.

[ 11.12.2009, 05:23: Message edited by: Cherry In Hove ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
anarchy is fine in the sixth form common room, but it's no way to run a civilized, productive society. Or thread.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here at the cutting edge of science we have a problem with the main door to the building. The card scanner is broken, so one can gain access by approaching the door and waiting for a security guard to notice you from behind the desk. They will then extend a pole with an envelope taped to the end into the motion detection zone which automatically opens the door as you exit the building.
Kanye West
TMO Member
Abby, do you worry about Strangelets being produced by the experiments in the LHC?
Kanye West
TMO Member
If I was starting up a two-tone band, I'd probably call it 'The Strangelets'.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just point out that this is my thread, about First Times You Did Something.

Not about bread discussion, kidnapped sailors, mauled dead children, Japanese rape videos or grooming Abby.
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Kanye West
TMO Member
shush, I'm talking to Abby.
Kanye West
TMO Member
go ahead, Abby.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I think you're making Abby a bit uncomfortable Benway. And you're ruining Tilde's lovely thread. You need to have a bit of a think about the way you seem to think that your threads have to stay on topic but you are free to romp off topic over Tilde's thread. Tilde and I were discussing it on Xbox live last night and we agreed that something needs to be done.
Kanye West
TMO Member
that's weird, because last night I actually was talking to Tilde on xbox live, mostly about how you've clogged up tmo with your square plates and recycled material stolen from other messageboards.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I think you're absolutely wrong about Abby though.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
They will then extend a pole with an envelope taped to the end into the motion detection zone which automatically opens the door as you exit the building.

Nobody say the NHS isn't dedicated to cutting unecessary costs.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Ringo

Has anyone tried those powerline network adapters at all? I've not been on xbox live for ages because I've put the xbox in the bedroom and there's no network access there.

Of course, I'd just turn on wireless, but Microsoft think it's acceptable to release a top end console without a fucking wireless card built in. The bunch of thieving jews.

Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm sure I've mentioned them more than once here on tmo. Wake up ringo. I have these. I replaced them with Cat5 about six months ago when I added a nas to the home network, but they never performed badly. Got around half of the max bandwidth, which was fine.
Ringo

Pretty expensive though. Over a hundred quid for two. I may as well just hand my money over to microsoft and buy the wifi adapter
Kanye West
TMO Member
Abby is probably busy with science right now.
Ringo

Do you still have those network adapters benway? if you're not using them maybe you could sell them to me for an amount of money.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I do have them, yes, but I think I'm probably going to hang on to them.
Ringo

Ok. Drop me a PM if you change your mind
Kanye West
TMO Member
Right. I won't. But okay.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See they do a wireless N version of the adaptor now.
Kanye West
TMO Member
yes.

This topic is comprised of pages: 6 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+