Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » ill as fuck (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: ill as fuck
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man, I'm well ill. Crazy fever dreams all night, spaced out, weak, bad guts, headache, torn up throat. All the symptoms that point towards an illness of some kind. Anyway I'm about to brave the outside world to buy some fucking supplies. Question is - what should I buy? What keeps you going when you're ill? Anything weird?
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vimto, Iron Bru, Root Beer, Bacon Chipsticks and Advil.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had flu felt bloody awful, so I took Beechams Flu Plus. I felt a bit better, but now I have a cold again. I'm not sure that Beechams Flu Plus are all that great.

Maybe heroin?

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go with the Benylin flu tablets, the orange solid ones (not capsule), they're ace.

plus ice cream (to soothe the throat - that's my excuse anyway).

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd get some chicken soup, berocca, beechams flu and oranges
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found that lemsip works a lot faster than beechams but only provides relief for about 2 hours whilst beechams would provide relief for about 4 hours and as you can only take them every 4 hours it was worth the slower kickin to get round the clock relief.

Berocca and oranges as you need to get as much vitamin C into your body as possible. I don't think you can overdose on it.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly worth picking up some Anusol if you're going out anyway...
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always use anusol, everyday. Better to be safe than sorry.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irn Bru, Cream Soda, 7-Up. Berocca or the fizzy Vitamin C tabs. Ice cream or Ribena Calippos. Paracetamol and Nurofen. Laurel & Hardy or Warner Bros cartoons on DVD.

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

Our MD just put a bottle of Lanson Black Label Champagne (depuis 1760, apparently) on my desk. I'm not sure this is the same quality or value as Cristal, but I'll gladly FedEx it over if you think it might help.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Berocca and oranges as you need to get as much vitamin C into your body as possible. I don't think you can overdose on it.
[Mad]

The failure of vitamin C supplementation to reduce the incidence of colds in the normal population indicates that routine mega-dose prophylaxis is not rationally justified for community use.

With regard to vitamin C taken at the initial onset of cold symptoms (as opposed to daily supplementation), the Douglas et al. (2004) analysis of the efficacy of vitamin C versus placebo found no difference in symptom duration.

Sorry! I get vitamin C rage... Last time I had a cold I had loads of co-codamol and hot whisky, which made me really high. It was great.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abby:
loads of co-codamol and hot whisky

Abby's right.

Or, nothing fiddly as you've got a cold, how about Passion Fruit Rubicon mixed with Woods 100 rum?

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
I'm going to double up on the anusol and stick that bottle of glenlivet archive in the microwave. When it's boiling I'll guzzle it down with a blended chaser of chicken soup, ice cream, and berocca.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Who are you going to trust with your information about Vitamin C. A Scientist or a Quality Analyst? I think you know what makes sense.
Kanye West
TMO Member
I will do whatever Abby tells me.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I don't think she's an expert in analysing quality Benway.
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you analyse the quality of?

...Oh and while I am here can anyone recommend good things to watch ...things with lots of episodes like West wing, Heroes, Lost...etc etc...I intend to hibernate for the rest of the winter with co-codamol, whisky and episodes...

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mad Men. Completely absorbing.

-

Kanye West
TMO Member
BSG
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WIRE.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I analyse the quality of telephone calls. It is an exciting field.
mart
How many phone calls do you reckon you've analysed the quality of, during your career?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I have no idea. I've probably been involved in the analysis of thousands. Personally perhaps a few hundred.
MiscellaneousFiles

What's the quality of these telephone calls been like overall? Pretty reasonable, I'd guess?
mart
I imagine it varies a fair bit. That's why they need analysing. Someone has to keep on top of this stuff.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
When I joined, the ratings given for the calls were generally very good but I didn't feel it was a fair assessment of what our customers would rate them so I have revamped the way in which people score the calls so it is less of a tickbox exercise and more picking out on things that customers would rate as important and so although the numeric score dropped drastically for the calls, this is going back up and I think the customers are enjoying much better service.
MiscellaneousFiles

You're right of course.

But I still wonder if there have been any notable trends since Cherry in Hove started working in this field. Has the quality been improving steadily? Any blips? Was there a dark time, now only ever talked about in hushed tones, when call quality took a real nosedive?

mart
Delivering customer satisfaction, with a commitment to ensuring deliverable quality going forward and creating an added-value user experience.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
You sound like you know what you're talking about mart. You can have my job if you like.
mart
Giving stakeholders a real say in the solutions provided by empowering user choice through the implementation of a quality-based experience metric to ensure a satisfaction-driven service delivery.
MiscellaneousFiles

Our mission is to build great software solutions and provide fanatical support to our clients.
mart
Misc's sounds suspiciously like it's not made up.
MiscellaneousFiles

We believe in the potential of a well-implemented eBusiness strategy, seamlessly combining a state-of-the-art front-end design and back-end infrastructure to build an integrated solution.

Do you?

[ 15.12.2009, 07:46: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Our mission is to build great software solutions and provide fanatical support to our clients.

I think that would be punchier if it read, "Our mission is to build great software solutions and provide intrusively fanatical support to our clients."

--------------------
sweet

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I think Benway will be glad to have these corporate messages on his thread when he returns with his medicine. They will give him relief.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+