Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » It's snowing! (Page 11)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 

Author Topic: It's snowing!
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still snowing here in West Berkshire. Chinese people came out from the takeaway with their kids and spent an hour making snow angels and snowballing each other. That's not quite what I mean. They looked like they enjoyed themselves though.

I'm sitting here designing flag icons for every country in the world (including ones that don't even exist any more) in a fucking "Mac style".

Anyway, my county only has enough grit for one more gritting of roads. Then we all die.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back from the shops.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all extremely relieved to hear that, mart.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hullo mart.
mart
I'm good at providing relief, Hippy.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you making a move on Benway's bird mart? I think he'll got revenge for that when we go paintballing.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll look forward to further relief.

Was there actually milk in the shop, mart? I popped into the local supermarket on the way home last night and the inhabitants of North Bristol have obviously stocked up as if for a siege - there was no milk, sliced bread or toilet paper to be had.

--------------------

mart
I was flirting, yes. It was like a double entendre, where you could interpret what I meant in two ways. There was an overt sexual tone to it though, that's very true.
mart
I was flirting, yes. It was like a double entendre, where you could interpret what I meant in two ways. There was an overt sexual tone to it though, that's very true.
mart
Looks like I just doubled your pleasure there.
mart
There was plenty of milk.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A quadruple entendre. Or an entendre squared.

--------------------
sweet

Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
milk, sliced bread, and toilet paper. a classic winter dish.
Kanye West
TMO Member
right.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite like the sound of panic-buying.

--------------------
sweet

Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Imagine its like an episode of supermarket Sweep
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't be bothered with panic buying. When things get desparate I'll just turn to panic breaking and entering and stealing
mart
I sometime try to do panic earning. It goes really well for a bit, and then I get lazy, or run out of work.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just went to hennes and panic bought a cardigan and some earrings. it was good.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amsterdam just had 3 inches of snow in 30 minutes..

Made my walk home cold.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

mart
Good old Amsterdam.
Kanye West
TMO Member
great.
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wont be leaving the house tomorrow, and am trying not to use my mobile internet because mu'fu's ask stupid cheese to do that shit, yo. just, you know, preempting any concerns about my safety. im not leaving the house. i have no reason to leave the house commitments- wise, and there will be ice, and Ice is Not Nice, and i live on a hill, because even though my BIGGEST FEAR IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS ICY HILLS i keep moving into HOUSES HALFWAY UP MOTHERFUCKING HILLS, and so therefore my entire head is like ICE + HILL = MASSIVE BULLSHIT MAY ENSUE. so im on lockdown. i have tescos pre- filled pasta and ready sauce, and i think maybe one bowl of muesli, and some fruit, and like some bread and milk and tobacco and all that shit, and of course i panic- bought a cardigan and some new earrings. so i should be okay. but if i havent checked in by saturday, you might want to call in international rescue.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
now i need to get off the internet and go into lockdown before it gets dark. ICE + HILLS+ DARKNESS = BEWARE, MASSIVE BULLSHIT AHEAD.

--------------------

Black Mask

Good luck, DeeEm!

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone still alive today? I'm in work, no real dramas. None of the snow has disappeared. I imagine it'll be here for a while yet. But it's no problem really.
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I'm just about to try and defrost the car and get to work.

--------------------

Kanye West
TMO Member
well ill now. working from home again. starting to get cabin fever.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I walked into work this morning. It was a really pleasant walk as there were no cars or buses about so I just walked down the middle of western road and then North street which are normally rammed full of traffic. It was a bit 28 days later but with other people walking and no zombies and not in London.

Really it was just like a road without many cars.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Think I've finally managed to fix the inner tube on the pram. Five separate punctures it had. No idea how it managed to get that many. I've felt around the rim and the inside of the wheel and there doesn't appear to be anything suspicious there. I suspect Kate was pusing it through broken glass or something. So, Kate might be able to leave the house for the first time in days but I don't reckon she will as it's still pretty treacherous.

Got my mage to sleep with Zevran last night. That was easy. Completed the gauntlet and found the urn of sacred ashes and then went outside and hit the gong and killed the dragon. Got some dragon scale armour now which is good protection but no real bonuses which is disappointing. Alistair is a big gayer and wouldn't put it up me.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Apparently it was -17 or something in Oxford last night. I hope Thorn and family are OK.

I'm also praying for Omarion.

Kanye West
TMO Member
just had a conference call about doing some data forensics before a meeting next friday with global compliance. I never wanted this for my life.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Just here in the office cracking on with some work really. Thinking about getting a coffee and trying to decide whether to get a 10p cup from the vending machine which is drinkable but not great or to go downstairs to costa and get a larger cup for 83p which is about three times the size and a bit nicer.

From a pure volume perspective obviously the vending machine is better however is it worth paying about 2 1/2 times the price for each ml of coffee for something that is just a bit nicer. I suspect it is probably 1 1/2 times as nice so the maths would really suggest I should go to the vending machine.

Kanye West
TMO Member
there were a few years there where it seemed like i might be able to break free of this merry hell. cherry doesn't it drive you to despair when you think about working for a corporate?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
You'll be glad to hear that I sorted out the problem with the Australian reporting and I got an e-mail from them saying

quote:
Seb, I understand exactly what you have said and will be inputting the new formula into our GCE Template for 2010.

I feel confident now that Australia's results are being correctly reflected on a Team, Business Unit and MTS level.

This has been the highlight of my working week. I never wanted this.

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+