Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » It's snowing! (Page 16)

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17 

Author Topic: It's snowing!
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe i should do a playlist for a hangover thats only like, a 4 or a 5. some beta band, a bit of melanie, you know. right, i now have to leave the internet to buy a complex sandwich and some ride records and find shop- boys to not make proper eye- contact with.

[ 13.01.2010, 10:17: Message edited by: dance margarita ]

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through a phase of listening to heavy metal on a hangover. Get up, fell like crap, blast yourself with some Pantera or some Sepultura. Blow that hangover right out of your brain. Bit of Ministry, maybe. If you're really feeling up to it something from Demanufacture. Used to work quite well.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's fine as long as you're still slightly drunk, but if you feel like there's somebody drilling into your brain through your eyeball while punching the interior of your stomach via your mouth and throat, then surely sepultura is not going to help.
Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me 5 hours to get to work this morning. including getting stuck trying to go up a hill, getting suck again which i had to diog my car out of (took about 30 mins) and haveing to double back on myself 40 mins to find another route.

On top of which my boss blamed ME for being late. Git.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:
that's fine as long as you're still slightly drunk, but if you feel like there's somebody drilling into your brain through your eyeball while punching the interior of your stomach via your mouth and throat, then surely sepultura is not going to help.

Sounds like more of a Schubert moment.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kanye West:

No. Well. That's what Enya's for, I guess. Lovely warm Enya.
Kanye West
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Kanye West           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eno and Vangelis take care of it in the hangover playlist.
Thorn Davis

I wonder what it would be like living with Enya. Would it be one endless, pillow of tranquility, or would she be like, always drunk, throwing empty cans of Stella at the telly and making wildly paranoid accusations of infidelity with increasingly unlikely people? Yelling at you for being an uncaring wanker and beating you with her fists, and then begging you to stay, telling you she can change.

[ 13.01.2010, 10:48: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

Kanye West
TMO Member
she's minted, so I'm sure it would be alright.
Thorn Davis

That's true. Rich musicians must be incredibly easy people to live with.
Kanye West
TMO Member
whenever they're getting on your nerves, just think of all that money.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enya would whisper semi-audiable disparaging remarks about you each time you left the room. You'd wonder if you'd actually heard her speak, or if a light breeze had just skimmed past the window. After a few months, you'd be left in a constant state of paranoia and self-doubt.

[ 13.01.2010, 10:58: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Enya would whisper semi-audiable disparaging remarks about you each time you left the room. You'd wonder if you'd actually heard her speak, or if a light breeze had just skimmed past the window. After a few months, you'd be left in a constant state of paranoia and self-doubt.

Yeah, that sounds exactly right. Also when her sisters came round they'd speak really fast in Irish, look at you, then both burst out laughing.
Kanye West
TMO Member
and you can just close your eyes and think about scrooge mcduck diving into his pile of golden trinkets.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Haven't had a mail service for over a week now. Council aren't picking up the rubbish.

I really must go and take a photo of the local recycling skip place (it's in the leisure centre car park). The tins section is a very large wire mesh cage with a couple of little holes which you put your empty tins into. The cage was full very soon after New Year's Day.

Every time I go down there now (about once a week, I suppose) the pile of tins has grown larger and larger and the official cage will soon be completely buried if the council don't make an almighty effort to overcome their fear of an inch of slush and bravely battle their way across the car park. A bit like the entire population of the town already has done in order to make the mountain of tins in the first place.

It's starting to look like some kind of Concerned For The Planet tribute to the Princess Diana flower tribute.

-

I've got to go and stick a couple of those shiny purple helium balloons on it. That would make it into a work of art.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All clear now here after the nights rain.

Just found out that I got the job I've been going for over the last couple of months and I start on 15th Feb. Hooray.

Thorn Davis

Brilliant news fella! Congratulations!
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of my role is going to involve marketing which I know nothing about so I'm going to be trying to steal your knowledge and claiming it as my own.
Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:
Part of my role is going to involve marketing which I know nothing about so I'm going to be trying to steal your knowledge and claiming it as my own.

Well, good luck with that. I fear it'll be the hardcore stuff that I currently know nothing about. I was accepted onto my PGDip Course yesterday and am now in a state of blind terror about the idea that I'm way too fucking thick to succeed at it. Already it feels like a horrible, horrible mistake.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
Of course you can do it. And if you can't, you can just get Octavia to do the work for you and palm it off as your own.
Thorn Davis

That was my plan to begin with, but when I was going through the assessment test she kept saying "Wow, I don't know any of this stuff".
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fonzie eyyyy! to you Cherry.

I've been putting off signing the official offer letter for my new permanent job here for approximately 6 weeks now, as the move will be a bit of a wrench (at least money-wise). I'm resolved to do it today.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done new job/course people!

I am trying to apply for some £££ to go to a conference in Anaheim, California (where Disney World is! ooooOOOOooooh! [Frown] ). Can anybody thing of things to say about the benefit this will have for me and my institution, this country and the host country. 800 characters each plz.

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
N'Ice work cherry!

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody hell, when did everybody come back?

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, Scrawny?
Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scrawny:
Bloody hell, when did everybody come back?

I came back today.

Soon, my new employers will find out that this is one site they haven't yet blocked. Until then...

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

Thorn Davis

Are you going to go through the site and make a post on every thread that's been created since you left? I think you should.
Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, I don't think I'll have time for that, but thanks for your support.

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

Hades
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Hades           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to snow, it started again yesterday.
I shouted "Piss off!!!!" at the sky and it seems to have gone again today so thats good.

You can all thank me with money.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
It's been snowing in Brighton for the last two hours quite heavily. It better not settle or I shall be off to kick some snow in the face.
Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snowing here too but not heavy enough to settle. The ground is far too wet.
Kanye West
TMO Member
it's ALWAYS snowing here, baby, the girls is wearing they itty bitty swimsuits, the bass is droppin lo - lo's hard and all my boys be partying wid that big booty shit. My smoke an drink is ON, who wants a minute in my whip?
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
I uhh. Uh. What?

This topic is comprised of pages: 17 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+