Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » How do I get from London City Airport to..

Author Topic: How do I get from London City Airport to..
Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basildon in Essex, Thursday morning, by train (and cab from train to First Data) ?

Apparently it's 90 quid for a taxi from the airport to Basildon, but I have an hour and a half from landing to meetings so I can take the train...

What's the best station ? Which one has a Marks and Spencers ? (I need tea)

All help appreciated.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public transport option looks like:

Docklands Light Railway - London City Airport -> Canning Town (3 stops)

Jubilee Line - Canning Town -> West Ham (1 stop)

Mainline Rail - West Ham -> Basildon (trains about every 20mins, journey about 30mins)

You could cut that down by getting a cab from the airport to West Ham perhaps? Maybe he could stop by at M&S on the way as well.

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's perfect.. I wonder if there a Marks anywhere near West Ham station...

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww mate if you are going to be in West Ham can you get me a shirt? Haven't got this seasons - if you have time though

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
LOL... Seems to be fugger all in West Ham anywhere near anything.. I'm going to try and head into town a little further, or find a Marks and Spencers in Basildon..

--------------------

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is bound to be a Marks at Stratford - big shopping centre there and very close to City Airport

--------------------

Waynster

Seems there is one in East Ham...

--------------------

Waynster

Sussed

Go from LCY to East Ham High street - there should be a bus run the couple of miles. Get to Marks and buy wonderous products made of pig and lard.

Get another bus or a cab to Barking station - again 2 or 3 miles - shouldn't be too expensive

Barking to Basildon is direct and takes about 25 minutes. Sorted.

--------------------

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
Or... As there's a bloody great shopping centre directly next door to Basildon train station I can go from LCY to West Ham to Basildon, cab it to FD, do the day, pub lunch, fake out the afternoon, quick wank, leave at 4.30 go to Marks, grab some chips and back on the train to West Ham, LCY, Amsterdam and in the house by 11pm.

If I see a shirt I'll grab one, whilst asking my cab driver to give me a receipt for 84 quid when he's charged me a tenner so I can screw my expenses..

What shift are you on ?

[ 10.03.2010, 16:44: Message edited by: Darryn.R ]

--------------------

Waynster

<commodores>...on the nightshift</commodores>

Been trekking through the night getting my head around php which has been en eye opener. Amazing after 20 years in IT how I suddenly now only pick up on some fundamentals of programming. Still it's powerful stuff and given me some food for thought for a couple of projects...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+