Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Who needs videogame violence...

Author Topic: Who needs videogame violence...
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
... *when you could have the real thing?

A Texan by the name of John Underwood has built a remote aiming system with a .22 caliber rifle, which can be controlled via the web. He currently offers target practise, but aims to extend his service to include "deer, antelope and wild pigs".

quote:
The idea came last year while viewing another Web site on which cameras posted in the wild are used to snap photos of animals.

"We were looking at a beautiful white-tail buck and my friend said 'If you just had a gun for that.' A little light bulb went off in my head," he said.

So how long will it be before people with malicious intent manage to hack into the website and take control of the gun?

When will the Texans start letting asylum seekers roam free on the range, and charge patriotic Americans $1,000s to take a shot?

Are you scared of CCTV cameras yet?

[ 18.11.2004, 05:34: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
If you had two of these, you could have a web-cam gunfight.
MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
If you had two of these, you could have a web-cam gunfight.

It'd be more fun if you put them on radio controlled cars. Who needs flashy graphics and physics engines, eh?
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
How about, by 2020 we build a 50 ft wall around Swindon and fill it full of the countries most violent and longest serving criminals. Members of the public can log on and control hunter/killer sentinels to find them as they race through the Brunel Shopping Plaza or the aquatic domed Oasis Leisure Centre.

My robot of choice would be the 'Helli-chopper' which would be a thrusting dildo with a set of propellors the make it whizz through the air like a mechanical bird of prey. I'd rank 12th on the leaderboard with 512 consecutive kills by fucking crims to death through their eye sockets. I'd somehow get set up by the government and thrown into the televised game. I'd have to rescue a red hott forrin grrrl who assists me in exploding the game show host as I say 'broadcast this'

Even though the audience don't know any better they will look on and applaud my rebellious behaviour. As I leave the arena via a convenient hole blown in the wall, they will clap and chant in unison; 'Tee!-Vee!' 'Tee!-Vee!'

roll credits.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Or...we could position a gun above the monitor pointing at the head of every TMOer and whenever an argument gets heated bang! Shootout time!

*makes fingers into a gun and mimes shooting*

MiscellaneousFiles

2070 A.D.

DeathStar.com is launched by Lucasfilm, offering anyone with £10,000 the opportunity to take control of the battle station for five minutes via the web. Punters can blow up insignificant planets and get a memento in the form of a 3D video on a THX-ROM disc.

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
2090 AD

George Lucas recalls all the THX-ROM discs as they 'were no longer accurate of his original vision'and punters were to wait for the THX-ROM SE disc.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
2070 A.D.

DeathStar.com is launched by Lucasfilm, offering anyone with £10,000 the opportunity to take control of the battle station for five minutes via the web. Punters can blow up insignificant planets and get a memento in the form of a 3D video on a THX-ROM disc.

I think this post should be deleted on account of its terrifying plausibility.
New Way Of Decay

Need For [s]Paed.net

A £100 entry fee guarantees the oppurtunity to control a souped up battle car whereby a convicted wrongcock is strapped into the driving seat throughout a 100 mile course featuring spike pits, mines, poison arrow sentry points etc. The contoller is awarded a £10,000 cash prize and his 'passenger' is allowed an hour long session in a ball pit with Janey Krankie before being shifted 'back to the can'.

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

*Crumbs! Looks like the Chinese are lining up a multi-player Satellite War Game for 2020!
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
Are you scared of CCTV cameras yet?

<aside> Last week I discovered that some random peering fuckers had installed CCTV in the lifts at work. What possible need is there to see what people are doing in lifts? And these are office lifts. You can't get to them without a security pass, so they can hardly claim to be looking for injecting heroin addicts or raddled shaggers. I loathe it. What are lifts for if not rearranging your bra or hoiking up your hold-ups (when alone, obviously)? Now this moment of privacy has been lost because there might be some pimpled security person watching me do this. It's arse and I'm starting to find myself agreeing with everything Dang has ever said.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
On a point that has nothing to do with what we are tlaking about, how do you do the quote that includes 'Originally posted by:'

quote:
I can only do this, or am I being lazy and have to type it myself

MiscellaneousFiles

I'd hold something up to block the lens every time I entered the lift.
Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
I know people who have shagged in our lifts at work, and i'm pretty sure that is going to be something that happens at lots of offices across the country, so i guess it may be to catch that.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SilverGinger5:
I know people who have shagged in our lifts at work, and i'm pretty sure that is going to be something that happens at lots of offices across the country, so i guess it may be to catch that.

Seriously? How tall are your buildings? How fast would you have to work. Mind you I can hardly talk, it takes 4 hours of gentle encouragement before even a whisper of an erection appears, and even then I can only sustain it if CBeebies is on in the background.
Bamba

- posted      Profile for Bamba           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On a point that has nothing to do with what we are talking about, how do you do the quote that includes 'Originally posted by:'

Click the following icon on the post you want to quote:

-

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Thanks Bamba.
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
I personally believe that lifts should be officially designated as percussion instruments forthwith as I've never heard a traditional drum which sounds as good as a lift wall being violently hammered whilst travelling between floors.

But I can see that it might be irritating to people working in quiet offices as one goes past playing When The Levee Breaks or the beginning bit of Smells Like Teen Spirit, so maybe the cameras are to catch that.

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
Seriously? How tall are your buildings? How fast would you have to work. Mind you I can hardly talk, it takes 4 hours of gentle encouragement before even a whisper of an erection appears, and even then I can only sustain it if CBeebies is on in the background.

Well, the building is only 8 stories high, but the thing about lifts is you don't actually have to be moving in them, you can just like get in and wait for the doors to close and then rut away to your hearts content, until you feel the lift start to move.

Of course there is the risk that someone might press the lift call button on the floor that you're on, and then it's just going to open straight away, but i guess if you do it at the right time and on the right floor it would be fine.

Some people don't worry too much about getting caught in Brighton though, do they...

MiscellaneousFiles

quote:
Thanks Bamba.

Well quote him then!
Show us your NewBB skills...

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
quote:
Originally posted by Bamba:
Click the following icon on the post you want to quote:

- [/QB]

Thanks Bamba!

Oh, some residue there.

[ 18.11.2004, 07:36: Message edited by: Roy ]

MiscellaneousFiles

[Roll Eyes]
New Way Of Decay

I hope you enjoyed that cruel punishment of Roy, Misc. I hope you are sat in your comfy swivel chair doing mild churtles from one side of your mouth. Stroking a genetically altered UBB code as it purrs on your lap.

Because you're going to hell.

To hell I say!

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
x

[ 18.11.2004, 07:55: Message edited by: Roy ]

MiscellaneousFiles

I'm sorry.

I was going to invite Mister Wankie to join Lord Roll-Eyes in my previous post, but he declined as he didn't want to overcomplicate things. Also, he felt a little intimidated by his overachieving green relative.

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
quote:
I was going to invite Mister Wankie to join Lord Roll-Eyes in my previous post, but he declined as he didn't want to overcomplicate things. Also, he felt a little intimidated by his overachieving green relative.

What are you talking about? Are you drunk?
saltrock
"absolutely no idea whatsoever"
 - posted      Profile for saltrock           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
it takes 4 hours of gentle encouragement before even a whisper of an erection appears, and even then I can only sustain it if CBeebies is on in the background.

Fimbles or Big Cook, Little Cook?

--------------------
Call that a contribution?

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by New Way Of Decay:
How about, by 2020 we build a 50 ft wall around Swindon and fill it full of the countries most violent and longest serving criminals. Members of the public can log on and control hunter/killer sentinels to find them as they race through the Brunel Shopping Plaza or the aquatic domed Oasis Leisure Centre.

My robot of choice would be the 'Helli-chopper' which would be a thrusting dildo with a set of propellors the make it whizz through the air like a mechanical bird of prey. I'd rank 12th on the leaderboard with 512 consecutive kills by fucking crims to death through their eye sockets. I'd somehow get set up by the government and thrown into the televised game. I'd have to rescue a red hott forrin grrrl who assists me in exploding the game show host as I say 'broadcast this'

Even though the audience don't know any better they will look on and applaud my rebellious behaviour. As I leave the arena via a convenient hole blown in the wall, they will clap and chant in unison; 'Tee!-Vee!' 'Tee!-Vee!'

roll credits.

Erm... are you talking about this?

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

New Way Of Decay

quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
Erm... are you talking about this?

1.) Those fucking thieves! I have been sat in that idea since 1986! [Mad]

2.) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

1 = pretend ignorance
2 = exasperation

--------------------

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Jest checkin'.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

funkypurplepants
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for funkypurplepants           Edit/Delete Post 
all you people are seriously fucked, i find it impossible to beleive that you may not have heard of grand theft san andreas or halo 2, save money on ammo, dont worry about the taking of innocent lives and the smell of blood... Oh, i think i may have missed the point, bathing in the glory of splattering grey matter all over texas, watching as the dark red life blood of your latest victim slowly seep into the dark red sand as the dark red sun sets on this scene of beautiful brutality, they should use this as a primary school educational application

--------------------
tomboy

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
quote:
watching as the dark red life blood of your latest victim slowly seep into the dark red sand as the dark red sun sets on this scene of beautiful brutality, they should use this as a primary school educational application

The word 'Dark' gets used a lot there.
New Way Of Decay

Maybe the lighting effects chip on his X-box is broken. Or the TV.

--------------------

funkypurplepants
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for funkypurplepants           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The word 'Dark' gets used a lot there.

excuse my vampyric nature but i like the dark, and red blood oooh blooooood

[ 19.11.2004, 07:42: Message edited by: funkypurplepants ]

--------------------
tomboy

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+