Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Is this good?

Author Topic: Is this good?
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Calling all camera buffs.

Do you think this is a good camera? Good price?

Would you recommend something else entirely? Is the extreme smallness of this one going to lead to other problems? It would be for general point and click idiot usage.

Additionally it is Friday afternoon and I’m pretty bored so feel free to add any amusing anecdotes you have handy. The prospect of walking home with a busted toe or being shot for carrying a bag are grim indeed.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, Abby. The lethargy round here (teh UK) is palpable. These terrorists must have been freebasing Sunny D to work up the requisite energy for all that running around, chucking bombs, getting shot etc.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
5 megapixels is pretty decent for a compact camera. Not sure about the lens - I believe the Carl Zeiss ones they farm out to cheapo stuff like Sony are usually a bit crappy. ie Carl Zeiss in name only. Having said all that, the LCD screen on the back is likely to be really good, and when I was on holiday a few weeks back one of our mates had a Sony, which was a realt treat to use. So I reckon that's probably a nice little camera, especially at the price.
ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
O Thorn - worst sig ever. [Frown]
Abby
Slave Girl of Gor
 - posted      Profile for Abby           Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers...what about this?

Payday is rapidly burning a hole in M's pocket and I dont want to end up with some old piece of shite.

Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
Edit cuz 'friend' ain't foolin anyone

[ 22.07.2005, 09:44: Message edited by: Vanilla Online Persona ]

Thorn Davis

quote:
Originally posted by ben:
O Thorn - worst sig ever. [Frown]

Yeah. I had something better in mind, but forgot what it was. This one came from a photo caption in a copy of Mayfair, about 5 years ago. They had been sent a crate of Absinthe by a PR company and were just giving it a mention in the front pages. They also had a caveat: "To the best of our knowledge absinthe doesn't make the heart go stronger", as a kind of legal disclaimer. It was quite a good issue, as I recall, with the centre piece being a photo shoot with a permed disco chick in hotpants and on rollerblades. She was really pretty. I remember thinking if we met up, I could ask her to come rollerskating with me.

[ 22.07.2005, 09:39: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
My friend had one of these at Live 8 and took some great pictures and video clips - plus it's really cute. Thorn, since you've stepped up to the line here, what's your view? I'm tempted to get one...
Casio Exilim EX-S500

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Thorn Davis

I really have very little experience of Casio products, I've never dealt with them, never tried them out. If you liked the results your mate got, that's as good an indication as any, though I've no idea how well built it is; how long it'll last. I'm getting increasingly out of the loop with electronics, but to be honest if you've seen someone else's in action and thought it was really good, that's going to give you a much better idea of its value than any specualtion on my part.

[ 22.07.2005, 10:08: Message edited by: Thorn Davis ]

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
Fair points, thanks anyway.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a sony t-1 think it's the same spec as the t-33 it can take a really good shot - Buy it if you want compactness and a pretty decent shot.

Downsides are the flash isn't great - you get redeye a lot so nightshots aren't it's strongpoint and you need the USB cradle (supplied) to get your pics on a tv screen or a computer as opposed to larger cameras which you can just use a cable. Thats the price you pay for smallness.

I love it, you can stick it in your pocket and take it anywhere. set it on 3megapixel and you get great 6x4 prints. It takes a pretty good video as well with sound. you can stick a 1gb sony memory stick in it and just take as many pics as you want. It start up and is ready to shoot really quick, the lcd on the back is big and clear.

You can get cameras that take better shots for sure but not at this size.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+