Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » I don't know what to do with myself..

Author Topic: I don't know what to do with myself..
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
..sang Dusty Springfield and later those wee scamps the White Stripes in later years, and it seems to be the song on constant repeat on the Schizophonic Jukebox in my head as I contemplate a possible week off in September. You see I have to be in Scarborough for a gig on the 17th of September, and the following Saturday I have to be in Durham for a Wedding, so sense says take a week off and stay in the NE of England. Except I have little clue of anything at all to do while I am there.

I shall be on my Jack for the duration of the week, and without the facility of a driving license, mobility within this fairly desolate area of the United Kingdom will be fairly problematic. Now the idea of sampling some of Tadcasters finest seems to be the only tempting thing I can currently think of to do, but spending a week pissed on Real Ale is not really a grand idea for a holiday.

Now there is some stunning scenery around, so a chance to exercise the shutter on my D-SLR might be in order, but again not knowing the area that well I have no clue where is pretty to point said device. Also if I am going to do the tourist thing, I do not want to get roped onto busses filled with Darby and Joan away-dayers.

So TMO - any ideas as to what is good oop north? Is it worth a week trudging the moors, or perhaps walking the shoreline from Bridlington to Whitby? Or am I better off just buggaring off down south to London for the week?

[ 25.07.2005, 08:57: Message edited by: Waynster ]

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Gail
Gives baby boys intravenous nicotine
 - posted      Profile for Gail           Edit/Delete Post 
How about going a bit further north and seeing the Northumbrian coast - go up (to Newcastle or Berwick or, er, somewhere in between) by train or bus and then hire a bike maybe - see the Farne Islands and Lindisfarne, loads of beautiful beaches etc - B&B rates should be off-season, it mightn't cost too much.
Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gail - Newcastle is the one place in the whole of the NE I have visited a few times, but the idea of hiring a bike seems cool - something I was not aware of that you could do in the UK - any pointers?

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Route 1 Motorcyle Hire are your boys dude, based in Newcastle and they rent out BMW R1150RTs. Hope that helps.

If you do end up down southwards at any point be sure to let me know, what with one thing and another I never did get around to coming over and seeing you guys this summer, you know how to reach me..

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
He means bicycle..

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
bugger
Gail
Gives baby boys intravenous nicotine
 - posted      Profile for Gail           Edit/Delete Post 
bike hire type stuff

cycle route type stuff

tourist info type stuff

search engine type stuff

wanky type stuff

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+