TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Vagina for girls

Author Topic: Vagina for girls
mart
Wearing nothing but a smile
 - posted      Profile for mart           Edit/Delete Post 
Fellas, when you were a kid your dick was called your "willy", your "pee-pee", etc. Even your "penis", I suppose. Or maybe something else, nice and harmless-sounding, but a little bit funny/embarrassing/easy. Right?

Ladies: what did your vagina get called? What did mummy say when you were in the bath? "Don't forget to wash your vagina?" Surely not.

TheGree resorts to Vietnamese, again (MiniGree having Vietnamese family on the paternal side). Namely, it's "chim". Which causes MiniGree no end of hilarity when she watches Speed Racer, with the monkey Chim-Chim. And she thought Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had a really smutty, naughty song in it.

But what's a nice way to say vagina for kids? Should we even try to come up with euphemisms for body parts and functions? Isn't this just reinforcing stereotypes, etc. etc. blah blah....

mart
I wonder what Google ads will come up with this one.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
It's got to be front-bottom, right? [Wink]
Esmeralda
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Esmeralda           Edit/Delete Post 
On handbag they have resurrected the draw your own tiddy thread which seems a popular word for it - foof is also mentioned.

What song in CCBB are you thinking about? Did you mean Chim, chimmeney.. from Mary Poppins? If not, that's another film you might want to avoid showing MiniGree!

mart
Ah yes maybe it's Mary Poppins.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
I always find the word foo-foo preferable when I'm talking to little girls about their vaginas.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Minnie is another variation.

When I watched The Crying Game, by mate yelled GOOBER! in my ear when the peenus was unleashed so now whenever I use the word Goober, I have an image of Jaye Davidsons herman gelmet in my head.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

Jessica Rabbit
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit           Edit/Delete Post 
How long have you been doing that schtick for now, Thorn? Aren't you bored with it yet? Everyone else is.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit:
How long have you been doing that schtick for now, Thorn? Aren't you bored with it yet?

Yes, but sometimes I can't help myself. :sad:

I was in a meeting the other day and someone said "You might come across something on the internet". It took an effort of will not to say "Yeah, I know how that feels." My face went purple and my eyes watered, but I managed to keep my trap shut.

Vogon Poetess

- posted      Profile for Vogon Poetess           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember anything other than "front bottom". "Fanny" was the first vaguely rude version that I remember.

"Minge" is such a lovely satisfying word. And I really like "growler", which seems to be a relatively new one.

--------------------
What I object to is the colour of some of these wheelie bins and where they are left, in some areas outside all week in the front garden.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
I have absolutely no recollection of my parents ever referring to my parts down-there. I do remember my Grandma using the term front-bottom though.

--------------------
uberwench

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Having recently trained myself to use the term 'area' as a synonym for the genital region of either sex, I find life far richer as a result. The disabled toilets of the British Standards Institution, for example, have a sign on the wall which reads 'Please Keep This Area Clean. If you feel this area needs cleaning, please contact Facilities on 8821.' Again and again my eyes dance across the sign. Area. Cleaning. Please. Clean my area. My area needs cleaning. I can't stop. A recruitment agent phones me up. I turn down the job, but he asks me if I can recommend anyone else who works in my area. I giggle down the phone. If ever you feel daily life too drab, too mundane, just turn a simple, generic term into something vile and smutty. You'll never look back.
MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by London:
If you feel this area needs cleaning, please contact Facilities on 8821.'

I like facilities.
herbs

- posted      Profile for herbs           Edit/Delete Post 
Parts is also quite fun. 'Caution. Small parts may choke children'.

Though area is better. I had thought it mildly innuendo-ish, but shall inform my mind to use it more formally.

mart
 -
Vanilla Online Persona
'Please Flush'
 - posted      Profile for Vanilla Online Persona           Edit/Delete Post 
When we are unable to avoid discussing each other's nether regions, Mrs VOP still, annoyingly, refers to 'it' as 'his penis'.
London

lol@mart!
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I went out with a girl once, and her mother was always talking about vaginas. She used the words "froo-froo" and "vaj"

Hope this helps!

Or, for an interesting Iain Banks style exercise in freudian psychology, why not call it a penis?

[ 28.07.2005, 08:19: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's time for an embarrassing confession:

My parents are of the laid-back naturalist hippy variety and always used the proper words for things.

Apparently, in preschool (at 3 years old), I directed all the other girls to sit in a circle "Indian-style," by saying "Come, lets sit on our vaginas."

scrawny
One Mojito, two Gin and Tonics, Three Bacardi Lime Sodas, and a couple of pints of Stella please.
 - posted      Profile for scrawny           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Rooster [Frown]

I can't remember at all - it is a tricky one. I'm sure there was a letter to Mariella last week about this, and she suggested 'cooch', which I found a bit odd as I always thought it was dirty american for pussy.

Gree is really lucky to have Vietnamese to fall back on. In Italian, it's 'patata'. Unbelievably. nearly all sexual euphemisms in Italian have something to do with food...

--------------------
...because that's the kind of guy you are.

Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
lol@rooster - Are you and froopy going to adopt the same realism with your lovely daughter?!

I'm wondering actually about the logistics of using a term such as "area" for your childe's, um, area. Is it a good idea? What's the latest trend in modern parenting manuals, rooster? ben?

--------------------
uberwench

mart
Actually, "rooster" and "froopy" sound a bit like euphemisms, don't they?

"Wash your rooster!"
"Stop playing with your froopy and get dressed."

hmm maybe not

rooster
"When You're Hungry For A Big Cock!"
 - posted      Profile for rooster           Edit/Delete Post 
Cruelly enough, the parenting books tell me I must narrate everything I do, but make no mention of what words to use. This has forced me to confront the issue much earlier than you would think.

I generally use the term “private parts,” which I guess is something not picked up from my own parents, but from the American schools, where they would make us color little books describing what to do if strangers touched you “down there”: “Dick and Janes private parts are what’s covered by their swimsuits when they go to the beach. Color Dick’s and Jane’s private parts.”

Come to think of it, perhaps this is also the cause of the erotic thoughts crayola tends to conjure.

omikin
Jo det ska jag tala om för dig
 - posted      Profile for omikin           Edit/Delete Post 
i have a friend in northern ireland who uses "mickey" for cock and "gooter" for fanny.

mickey is quite a playful, fun word; but gooter has more negative semantic overtones, apparently.

--------------------
i shot a man in reno
just to watch him die

Grianagh

- posted      Profile for Grianagh           Edit/Delete Post 
it was actually mary poppins that threw minigree into fits of giggles and telling to her father that i had bought her a 'rude' film.

that went over well, as you can imagine

i find it a bit difficult even hearing the insert termin conversation without blushing something minigree uses to her advantage

i always count on the words chimchim & dit to make a star appearance when she's around her father's family. preferably at the supper table.

use proper vietnamese greetings? hmmm hardly ever
reply in vietnamese instead of english when asked a question? not my child
find a way to refer to her chimchim and latest dit at least 10 times? you betcha

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to say nubbin to Summer when talking about her 'personals'

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Grianagh:
i always count on the words chimchim & dit to make a star appearance when she's around her father's family. preferably at the supper table.

The solution is to teach her such dirty words that the family wont know what they are. But it would have to be real filth or it could backfire. Then the dit would really hit the fan!

I should write a parenting book...

--------------------
supa scrub

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post 
Course theres always the Lickable Coffee Bean school of thought!

--------------------
supa scrub

New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn.R:
I tend to say nubbin to Summer when talking about her 'personals'

Haw, we would say 'nubbin' for a very small penis, like: it were worn down to the nub.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

London

quote:
Originally posted by Uber Trick:

I'm wondering actually about the logistics of using a term such as "area" for your childe's, um, area. Is it a good idea? What's the latest trend in modern parenting manuals, rooster? ben?

I quite like 'disgusting private part' for boys and 'shameful unmentionable' for girls. It's got a good ring to it.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean it's got a good 'revolting unspeakable' to it?

Christ. I'm such a widgie.

[ 28.07.2005, 13:09: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been fond of the term bearded ax wound.
Phoenix
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Phoenix           Edit/Delete Post 
I was always told to keep my tuppence covered. But my friend Terry used to run around the garden with his unmentionables showing.

That was dull, though. I think furry front bottom sounds better - it's got a kind of flirty innocence to it.

I must go now. Mike's got his arrow of desire out. Yep, that's right: Excalibur!

--------------------
Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+