email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Wodehouse vs the WI

Author Topic: Wodehouse vs the WI
CheapRedWine
 - posted      Profile for CheapRedWine           Edit/Delete Post 
So, Tarquin arrived and in one respect it was marvellous because he was just the tonic we needed to lighten up the oppressive atmosphere that had descended upon our garden party. I must confess, however, his choice of legging left me somewhat perturbed. I could not help but remark to Priscilla “what is Gordon thinking of wearing those gaudy pants to such an event?” The flamboyant nature of the trouser legs he was sporting were in direct flagrante to the gloriously colourful flora and fauna we had taken years to cultivate in our garden.

Had he no ruddy shame?

“I do not take kindly to being upstaged, Sir!” said I, such was my indignation.

To which Tarquin replied…

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
"What ho, ladies! I say, is my name Tarquin or Gordon?"

--------------------
sweet

Esmeralda
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Esmeralda           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL...sorry, very lame posting but BM you did make me laugh [Big Grin]
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha!
Stefanos
Biggus Dickus
 - posted      Profile for Stefanos           Edit/Delete Post 
"Actually, I thought it was `Algy', old bean. I am sure you introduced yourself as such at the regimental club dinner last week!" said a game looking chap sporting a monocle and a rather fine 'tache sitting in a bath chair.

I was rather taken aback by the gentleman's forthrightness. I steeled myself and then launched into one of the biggest lies I had ever concocted...

[ 19.10.2005, 14:42: Message edited by: Stefanos ]

--------------------
Essex boy in exile.

Niffer
Een beetje vreemd, maar wel lekker!
 - posted      Profile for Niffer           Edit/Delete Post 
"I fear you may have misunderstood me, Major", I started, the sweat beginning to bead along the join betwixt skin and syrup.

I..er..was having a conversation with the gentleman on my left. He was having a spot of bother with his ornamental koi. Can't keep the dashed pond clear. Out all hours with his waders and net, you know the sort of thing

Anyway, as he was leaving the table he mused "if only there was a way to deal with the pondscum once and for all".

"That doesn't sound like pondscum" I replied, my head turning to follow his departure and towards your good self...

"It's algae".

[/coat]

--------------------
Seek help, possibly medication.

Stefanos
Biggus Dickus
 - posted      Profile for Stefanos           Edit/Delete Post 
"Algae? What a dashed spot of luck!" he retorted, beaming at me.
"I happen to be the President of the West Ruislip Phycology Appreciation Society. We're looking for a new archivist to help out our Euglenophyta section! It is a complete shambles. The last chap didn't know his Rhodophyta from his elbow. Completely ruined our collection, don't you know."

I tried to pretend I hadn't heard him, but I fear it was too late for that. He went on, becoming visibly agitated as he spoke.

"Dashed fellow. We've seen the last from him! I gave him both barrels as he tried to escape over the ha ha at the back of the club grounds. We even passed a resolution at the OGM - if we ever find anyone impersonating a phycologist, we shall hunt him down like a dog".

[ 21.10.2005, 15:10: Message edited by: Stefanos ]

--------------------
Essex boy in exile.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+