Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » The Most Depressing Day of the Year (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Most Depressing Day of the Year
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo GHOST OF GEORGE! [Cool]

(did anybody see that?)

[ 24.01.2006, 13:12: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Is George the Robot also the Ghost of George, then? This is like the Pelican Brief or something.

[ 24.01.2006, 13:17: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Yes.
Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
no I made a mistake, and you couldn't let it lie.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Sorry Benway.
London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
In fact, it was probably the second post that made me take the first one seriously. It's the kind of thing I might do after I'd blurted out something heartfelt about the death of a loved one, too late to realise it was inappropriate and that I'd misjudged the audience.

That's exactly what I thought. I read the stuff and I was like, yeah yeah, person taking the piss. And then the horrific knee-jerk defence humour, it seemed really typically British, and lame, and, as you say, exactly like something I'd do (if I wasn't ensconced in emo hell as I am at the moment - though it seems to be lifting, happiness fans!). So then in the pub tonight this person was like 'haha did you read George the Ghost' and I said yes I thought it was fake till I read the thing and then the person said oh it was fake, George the Ghost admitted it all a few posts later. Then I said that I hadn't read that bit, and felt slightly lame, but then I subtly disappeared to buy some drinks or something and absolutely nobody noticed my faux pas. Phewee!

[ 24.01.2006, 19:56: Message edited by: London ]

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
I was gutted that he was lying. That's just not on.

--------------------
sweet

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy999:
Is George the Robot also the Ghost of George, then? This is like the Pelican Brief or something.

He's playing at being the ghost of George Best. He's nothing to do with George the Robot, whose wife is still alive. She's pretty fit actually - worth seeking out.
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Yes, I got that he was supposed to be the ghost of George Best. It was only MINJ who seemed to struggle with that one. And it was Benway who confused him with George the Robot (even though Robots don't have ghosts), posting, as he did, "Hallo George the Robot" and then editing it.

My mistake was to believe that the Ghost of George (Best, you see) was being honest when he was talking of his dead wife and poor, motherless son, who must be the unluckiest kid in the world - having a dead mother and a child molesting murderer for a father.

Poor Callum.

ben

- posted      Profile for ben           Edit/Delete Post 
The House moves that Ghost of George's comments be stricken from the record, and that his tag be for evermore "The fucker that destroyed Jonesy's trust".
My Name Is Joe
That's Mister Minge to you..
 - posted      Profile for My Name Is Joe           Edit/Delete Post 
The sooner this is all forgotten the better. George Best indeed. What a **** .
jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Despite the fact that I am unable to show any sympathy for anyone ever again (SEE!) , I think George mate a better entrance than most newbies.
turbo
Gold.....
What is it good for? You can't eat it, you can't smoke it, yet everybody wants it.
 - posted      Profile for turbo           Edit/Delete Post 
Thoroughly confused about the whole ghostly George thing...

I don't really have a Most Depressing Day as I suppose I've just been lucky enough not to have gone through anything particularly devastating in my lifetime. The most depressing day, to me, is the day after a holiday. It's always such an anti-climax to find yourself behind the steering wheel, heater up high, on your way to the office when just a day before you were standing barefoot on the beach, cold beer in hand, soaking up those last few rays.

--------------------
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

George the Robot
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for George the Robot           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to re-iterate, this Ghost of George dude is nothing to do with me, in case anyone's still confused. I am merely dormant, but not a ghost, and certainly not George Best's ghost.

--------------------
murr.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+