Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Shelve that (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Shelve that
Uber Trick
DANGER!
unexploded sex bomb
 - posted      Profile for Uber Trick           Edit/Delete Post 
Me to, Rowetta, I'm going back to my pitta and dips and Pygmalion. Nice chatting to you. And you all.

--------------------
uberwench

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
still here
fiddling with skype

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
Night, Uber
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Do you need special headphones for Skype?
dang65
it's all the rage
 - posted      Profile for dang65           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
Do you need special headphones for Skype?

Just a headset and a microphone. In fact, I don't suppose you need the headset at all, just speakers and mic, but the proper call centre set is probably more comfy.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Well, I've got that in a drawer here. Do I just need to download the software then?
dang65
it's all the rage
There's an extra thing you can get at http://www.voiceemotion.com which lets you play music over the phone too, although it's a little intrusive. But if you just want to say, "You know the song... this one" and play a bit, then it's ideal, probably.
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Well, I've got that in a drawer here. Do I just need to download the software then?

Yep.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
 - posted      Profile for Physic           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yeah just dl the app and create a user, takes all of a few minutes, then come talk shit with me and NWOD.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Actually, I don't think this headphone set is compatable with this machine.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
No, I'm lying. I've found the hole.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
quote:
No, I'm lying. I've found the hole.

Reminds me of the first time I...never mind..
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:
still here
fiddling with skype

Hippy, I just connected to you, and could hear you (or sounds of a microphone). Did you hear me going, "Ello? Ello?"
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
dang did you just call me? sorry I don't have a headset yet and was just talking to mikee on messenger and he said to try it out anyway. or was it mikee who called?

confused.

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
okay, I've downloaded and registered.

What now?

dang65
it's all the rage
As above, was me. I'll call again. Try speaking. Just for the hell of it.

Edit: No response. Oh well. Argos do the headsets for a few quid. I got a posh USB one with volume controls and all that, because I can claim the money back, but anything will do the job probably.

[ 17.02.2006, 20:51: Message edited by: dang65 ]

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
okay, I've downloaded and registered.

What now?

What's your user name?
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
RoyWinstone
H1ppychick
We all locked in.
sorry guys will have to disappear anyway now, knackered. catch you tomorrow or sometime, microphone-enabled.

--------------------

dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
RoyWinstone

I sent you a contact request. You have to accept, then I can call you just to check it's working. Unless you've done that already.
Physic
Digital PIMP !
Hah, we beat you to him [Wink]
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Is Mikee broke then?
dang65
it's all the rage
quote:
Originally posted by Physic:
Hah, we beat you to him [Wink]

You wish. [Cool]
Physic
Digital PIMP !
Hey Zebraboy you're not a Miike fan are you?
kovacs

- posted      Profile for kovacs           Edit/Delete Post 
OK well I hope after I listened to their track 3 times and spent 20 minutes offering my thoughts, Interloper will be able to find my post about it amid this fascinating thread.

--------------------
member #28

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
We did, Kovacs. Again, thanks for your interest and comments. We've had some pretty diverse feedback ranging from appreciative teenage punk girls to my utterly confused, Elton John loving boss.

After a while of recording, rehearsing and listening to the tracks, I sometimes feel like I've lost any sense of how they would sound to someone who is listening for the first time. We're always keen to hear peoples' opinions.

Did you have a chance to listen to our other track, *Menthol?

kovacs

No, but I will do.

--------------------
member #28

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
vikram ignored the body on the sofa, concentrating instead on the one lying on the floor. The sunlight was spilling across the stripped floorboards, yet failing to penetrate the xanax slumber of his responses. It was as if the morning was passing though him; as if he wasn't there. Ten thousand bottles of wine and a million fags. He remembered to breath. The rancid memories had manifested as silence, and by sighing he attempted to crawl away from the splintered reality, to find a place to hide. But the body was still there.

Single images were intercut with long periods of simple void. A splash of disco red. Spittle on the lapels of a thousand dollar jacket. A scream. These things had changed overnight. The vibrant red was now a sickly black enemy, snaking across the ceiling. The spittle was a ghost. The scream was bouncing like a broken CD player. The scene demanded response, so Vikram sighed again, and sipped from a murky cocktail that had been thoughtlessly left in the sink. All the effort in the world could not drag feeling from inside the well of medication and alcohol. Was this?

The body on the sofa stirred and moaned. Benway lifted a bruised head from underneath the egyptian cotton sheet. The brief eye contact felt to vikram like a mirror reflecting a mirror. There was simply nothing in between. Vikram stood over the body on the floor. There was a faint scent of butchery. It was little more than a postcard from a world of cause and effect, a world where a beautiful corpse had a presence beyond the aesthetic. Vikram crouched, and lifted the thick matted hair from the face. The girl could have been asleep, had her nose and eyes been intact. The fine hairs on her jaw and cheeks revealed humanity, and they existed awkwardly against the bestial truth of the wounds. Her skin was cold, but not unpleasant to touch. The weight of her buttocks in his hand brought about a mechanical response.

'vikram......don't....'

Again, the mirror reflected a mirror.

'I was....'

but there were no more words. Vikram moved over to the sofa. The black stain had flowered underneath the sheets. Lifting the sheet, it was clear that Benway was unlikely to ever move from the sofa. Still, there was no memory behind this vision. Benway hadn't yet noticed, and he grabbed for the sheet. It wasn't cold in the room, yet his body was shivering. a pitch black sludge was oozing from underneath the dress he was wearing.

Vikram ran a knife gently across his own inner thigh.

But the pain couldn't escape from the cage.

[ 18.02.2006, 06:28: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrifying and beautiful.
kovacs

I like Menthol more -- the loopy, retro synths like a science fiction 70s strip bar, and the combination with tight drums (eg. at 0.33) kicks in very well. The robot-vocals give it an Air-meets-Kraftwerk cool vibe.

Still I prefer it when it's not so stripped down: there are moments at various stages in the track where the drum, for some reason, sounds clumsily (maybe deliberately) crude and off the beat (eg 1.30-1.50 approximately) -- maybe that drum's just too loud and flat but it's disappointing compared to the much more groovy snare sound that comes back around 2.20.

The Japanese-type string picking shape is a good constant through the song. It's all quite gentle though, and on the same level (except for when the snarey percussion kicks in and drops out) -- I wonder if you could beef it up into something bigger and clubbier.

--------------------
member #28

H1ppychick
We all locked in.
I really like the version of Pure Science Fiction that Mikee sent me a while ago. Is anything happening with that one?

--------------------

MiscellaneousFiles

Thanks. As I said *here, it's a long way from being finished. The drums aren't final and there's a whole mess of guitar noise missing from this mix. Saying that, I think the beats are in time (or at least consistently out of time) throughout the track.

Glad you liked PSF, H1ppychick. We're currently working on a massively energetic live version which includes a lot of shouting and jumping around by Mikee and Felix, plus some unusual guitar sounds from my Avonator:
 -

Waynster

- posted      Profile for Waynster           Edit/Delete Post 
Care to explain that modded guitar? Is it just cosmetic or does it actually sound different? I haven't seen anything like it before.

--------------------
Noli nothis permittere te terere

MiscellaneousFiles

It's a bit of a one off. The device in the middle is fitted with two plastic pick strips which hit the strings when it rotates. The resulting sound redefines the phrase wall of sound. The best use I've found for it so far is to tune it to an open chord and use a slide and volume pedal to fade the almost synthy noise in and out. It only has one pickup, so the former selector switch is now an on-off switch for the rotator.

It's called the Avonator as it started out as a '70s Avon Les Paul before I butchered it. It runs off a 12v mains adaptor which delivers power via an XLR cable. I was sick of trying to cram 8x AAs in the back, each time it ran out of juice...

I have a couple of other projects in the works at the moment, including the Bassonator and an FX Briefcase.

[ 19.02.2006, 04:50: Message edited by: MiscellaneousFiles ]

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MiscellaneousFiles:
It's a bit of a one off. The device in the middle is fitted with two plastic pick strips which hit the strings when it rotates.

Does it make a similar sound to the ebow ? That would ROCK !

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

This topic is comprised of pages: 7 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+