Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Explain yourself (Page 9)

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Explain yourself
not...
You reached over with your hand and knocked my Jap over
 - posted      Profile for not...           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Monkey Dishwasher:
Just getting back to the name thing, why 'not...'?

I explained this in 2002. I can't be arsed to do it again

Well,
When I was a Bulletin board virgin, yes, once upon a time I was! Anyway I was on this board called Seethru. I registered with a username which I don't want to mention now because it's dead to me. Anyhow basically after the initial thrill of posting and people replying, this new communication I had discovered, this euphoric new world. I became slightly depressed. I then posted about how I was depressed.

I felt different about my username then. It seemed to be tarnished with my sadness. It had baggage.

Then there was a ruckus on the board. Long Time Poster "ben" commited BB suicide. He posted up his password. Then others did the same. Suddenly no one was sure who was controlling the usernames, it was quite excellent actually.

A short while after that "Sheik Daddy" made a username called "I am not Tav". (Tav was a popular poster of that time).

I was bored so I created a username called "I am not Dr Benway" and posted on a thread Dr Benway was on, for a joke. It wan't that funny but suddenly I found that I had reinvented myself. There was no depressing baggage wih this username and I continued to post under this guise.

Well, after a while I felt a bit guilty about it. You see, I was really clinging on to Dr Benways coat tails so to speak. Imagine a n00b calling himself "I am not Kovacs"... you can see how it would be an easy way to get attention yes?

So then Seethru went down, we moved to TMO. I used the oportunity to change my Username to "I am not..." dropping the Dr Benway and thereby losing the guilt.

I posted for many years like that and people kept abbreviating my username to IAN

I didn't like it. For starters I don't like the name and because it's an acronym but also makes a name it seems like people were always shouting it in caps. Like LONDON or PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER etc... you see

So then I got Darryn to change it to "not..."

and here we are.

be careful what you ask for huh?

H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post 
you'd probably get sensory fatigue and diminishing returns, what an anticlimax that'd be.

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think bandy fights lesbians. I'm sure he told me that. We were at Red Star in Brixton. We were mixing it up with some H5-2 crystals after smoking some Binknuts. His DJ mate Flash Harry was spinning some some malaysian tribal techfunk, and we were spazzled. Anyway, I fucking chuck my guts up in the bogs after necking a quart of grey goose, and he drags me out of the bogs by the cord on the bottom of my utility trousers. I was all fucked and shit, black inky crap all over my new ShoeStar trainers, wailing like a million ninjas. I told him that this Dreadnick chick had been bitching my grip (which she had), and that's why I'd told Flash Harry that the tunes were fucking 'Starsky sans Hutch' Bandy was fucking micking out at this, shouting over the telephonic hypernoise that he was gonna fuckin 'grip the bitch like no bitch had been gripped before'. Fucking halfdoubles across the rinse room, grabs the dreadnick by her plastic hurks, but she's clearly a you know, you know, so he just wrecks space over to me (I'm a nonce by now) and just as his ears blow out in two crimson explosions, he fucking screams into my nutsack eyes that he "won't tussle with diana".

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Darryn.R
TMO Admin
 - posted      Profile for Darryn.R           Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine all the fuff you could work out of each others belly buttons.

--------------------

my own brother a god dam shit sucking vampire!!! you wait till mum finds out buddy!

Dr. Benway

sorry

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

well done not, you killed it with your boring story.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
 - posted      Profile for jonesy999           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol.
Dr. Benway

hey jonesy, look at this.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Dr. Benway

quote:

Dr. Benway

posted 01 May 2001 12:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sit in an office, on my own, all day. I speak to nobody, apart from people who come in and 'want' something. I have no problems regarding seethru in this respect.
I have been slacking on my work quite seriously now though, and have a mountain to get through.

Maybe I should leave it for a while

ho ho, how things have changed.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
I like this little exchange:

quote:
Doc When

I want to be an artist.

It constantly frustrates me that there's no money in it until you're dead, so I have to do a dull office job to get money.

I'd love to pack it all in and be bohemian. I really need to win the Lottery. Must buy a ticket...

quote:
Infinite Jones

Well, doc, go to Bohemia then. I am sure Richard could give you some pointers. Although I wouldnt know what you would do with hunting dogs, unless you the hunting kinda doc, of course. For in Bohemia they still have bears. Shoot these at the first go though, because if you miss, you will get a sore bummy.
Or, if you meant like Bohemia as a figure of speech, you can always go and be fireguard on Desolation Peak and write about it.
Hey !!! Watch out !!! Behind you !!!

quote:
Doc When

This is why I didn't capitalise: "bohemian", rather than "Bohemian". See - there is method in my madness (that's madness as in "insanity" rather than Madness the band).

[ 15.03.2006, 12:28: Message edited by: jonesy999 ]

London

- posted      Profile for London           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, this thread! I remember this thread.
Dr. Benway

Five years, guys. Five years.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
oh my me. when will you people LET IT GO.

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to point that out. You should all be very ashamed of yourselves. [Smile]
dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
i mean, i love sitting vacantly in front of a screen so familiar i could close my eyes and recite passages from it word- for- word and wondering for the nth time why my life vacillates between the twin states of stasis and freefall as much as the next forite... but you know, im gonna have to start pleading soon. no more. please stop linking to it. i mean, why? what does it achieve? nothing. nothing. nothing tralala. i mean, how can you not be sick to retching death of your seethru selves?

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

jonesy999

"Call me Snake"
Yeah, Benway.
Dr. Benway

I'm sorry

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Doctor Agamemnon When

- posted      Profile for Doctor Agamemnon When           Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh. I'm off to Bohemia in a couple of weeks, too (well, close: Prague).

I hope I don't get bumraped by IJ's bears.

EDIT: Ooh - I found this:

quote:
Me, ages ago, talking about SeeThru merchandise:
How about:
[T-shirt] on the front, and...
[/T-shirt] on the back.

Or is that too sad?

Now there's something I might resurrect!

[ 16.03.2006, 06:35: Message edited by: Doctor Agamemnon When ]

--------------------
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
The Wonderful World of Dr. When

This topic is comprised of pages: 9 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+