Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » The Library » Outside Now (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Outside Now
The Sheer
 - posted      Profile for The Sheer           Edit/Delete Post 
If there was a real fight club somewhere in London, would you?

There probably is. It strikes me as something city boys might establish. If I can dig up some details, who wants to join? Are any of you man, woman or child enough to want to grapple with strangers in some underground space, under harsh car park lighting, in Peckham perhaps?

Dr. Benway

- posted      Profile for Dr. Benway           Edit/Delete Post 
If I was a big tough man I probably would, as there is something undeniably thrilling about physical combat, but I'm a spakky little runt that would be pwned within seconds.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

The Sheer
 - posted      Profile for The Sheer           Edit/Delete Post 
Your alter ego may not be though. Don't you feel the urge to destroy something beautiful. (Or improve upon something ugly.)

It would have to be RL fighting though, as with cyber-fighting, unlike cyber-sex, I'd have thought it's difficult to tell when you're finished?

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
 - posted      Profile for Roy           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been going to boxing lessons for a while now with a friend who is really into all this combat stuff. He wants to take me to another gym where they teach you how to fight against people with knives and stuff, which sounds a bit too 'weekend warrior' for me. Anyway, the missus has banned me from going to these things until after the wedding, in case I get my face battered up and look like one of those drug testers.
New Way Of Decay

- posted      Profile for New Way Of Decay           Edit/Delete Post 
Benway I reckon you'd do really well in Barnet Fight Club. Just something from my experience of you dancing at the Metro makes me imagine you to be the sort to go straight after work, tie comes off, shirt unbuttoned, ready to ruck. Fucking up people by smashing their glasses into their faces or hurling fat men around by their braces. Sure, you'd get a proper pounding by the big guys but not before seeing the sun down on some portly bankers or the guy at the hot dog stand first. I can imagine it, by eight o clock when the big contenders come in. You'd be sucking on a roll up, sleeves rolled up and collar caked in sweat and blood and you'd be smiling. You'd be smiling the same way you do when you look at a picture of Darryn and Beckett, except you'd be being hoofed right in the solar plexus in slow motion and you'd be dropping to your knees with a giant doped grin on your face. The camera would pan in just as slowly as the footage was being played and the audience would view a bulbous tear rolling out from the corner of your eye, gently pointed by the finger of your joyous smiling lips.

--------------------
BUY A TICKET AND WATCH SOME METAL

ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post 
The allure of pummeling someone to a bloody pulp is great indeed, and I think I'd be quite good at it depending on the opponent, but I'd be very much afraid of damaging my beautiful face. Without my face I'm nothing.

[ 16.03.2006, 11:22: Message edited by: ralph ]

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
We could be a tag-team, ralph. I reckon we'd take anyone on here.
ralph

Sounds good to me. Are you a big guy, Roy? Can you handle yourself?
Dr. Benway

It's a nice idea, but I'm really not that good at fighting. I never really shone at the Kung Fu, and only a month or so ago, one of vikram's mates punched me in the face until I had a bleeding nose and lip, yet I was unable to even put his hair style in danger. But I can see the appeal of fighting, especially drunk fighting where you can't feel pain as much. I wouldn't want to lose any teeth though.

Sorry if I hurt you with my dancing, mickey.

[ 16.03.2006, 11:24: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

You've never been a victim to the 'Maul' which is basically where Physic spins me around by my legs while I wear a spiked crash helmet.

There's a slightly deadlier but sexier version which is exactly the same but you remove the word 'crash' from the sentence above.

--------------------

dance margarita
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for dance margarita           Edit/Delete Post 
why did vikram's mate punch you in the face, benway?

--------------------
evil is boring: cheerful power

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
quote:
Originally posted by dance margarita:
why did vikram's mate punch you in the face, benway?

We could have an 'answers on a postcard to..' competition for this.
Dr. Benway

just hijinks.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
How many people here have actually really been been punched really hard in the face, though? It's all very well saying "Yeah, I'd be up for it", but the one time I got in a real fight (against six other people - I didn't win) it was miserable and painful. I sort of see where the exhiliration of physical combat comes in - I do like a really good moshpit, for example, but when some actually slugs you right in the face as hard as they can it pretty much starts and ends the fight in one blow.
New Way Of Decay

After the Christmas meat 2005 we went to the Metro and we danced like it was, well we danced like it was not the Metro but a really cool bar in 1978. Benway bit me so hard on the shoulder that it left a purple bite mark and a yellow shoulder patch. So to make up for it I danced in the legendary style of 'grab your partner by the neck and shake to the beat of the music'

We did exactly the same thing when JohnJ came to London, except Benway only stopped dancing to tell a girl that he would 'fucking have her' but I had gone home because I couldn't stop throwing up for the night.

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
Thorn, how did you end up in a fight with six people?
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Was it anything to do with Snow White?

--------------------
sweet

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Thorn Davis:
How many people here have actually really been been punched really hard in the face, though?

It happened to me. Some post-pub psycho was after my Ginsters and when I said "No way" he landed a heavy smack directly on my mouth. My lower right canine tooth broke through my bottom lip causing a wicked spray of blood. I think he got a bit scared at this point, because he legged it without getting hold of my chicken and ham pie.

Anyway it hurt quite a lot and took fucking ages to heal.

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
Yeah. Was it anything to do with Snow White?

Was Sleepy out of action?
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol at Masky.

I have never been properly punched in the face. My sister's first nutter ex-husband had a bit of a crack at punching me once, but it was all a bit half-hearted. Though him having a crack at it did result in my then boyfriend who had previously been full of 'I am man! I will protect you against this evil psychopath!' doing a total runner and hiding back in the goth pub where said nutter ex-husband couldn't find him. Oh, and my bonkers mate Carole laid an uppercut on me once that split my lip (I didn't deserve it. Honest)

Bizarrely, I would, I think, quite like to be punched properly in the face. Just to see what it feels like. On one sane level I totally understand that it would hurt, and be very unpleasant, and probably break something but it's once of those I'd just want to know things. A bit like the 'if I had a gun I'd be dead thing'. Maybe I should add it to the list of things I should do before I'm thirty.

New Way Of Decay

quote:
How many people here have actually really been been punched really hard in the face, though? It's all very well saying "Yeah, I'd be up for it", but the one time I got in a real fight (against six other people - I didn't win) it was miserable and painful. I sort of see where the exhiliration of physical combat comes in - I do like a really good moshpit, for example, but when some actually slugs you right in the face as hard as they can it pretty much starts and ends the fight in one blow.

Oh Thorn [Frown] That sucks ass. It's not like in Kung Fu films where they take you on one at a time and you have enough time to pull an assortment of weapons from a wooden cart. I've been lucky enough never to have been punched by someone very big, because I'm sure I would just instantly die. I have however had plenty of experience to know that being punched in the face blows pretty fucking hard. Now that I look back. I've been punched a few times. Man I need to address that.

--------------------

ralph

quote:
How many people here have actually really been been punched really hard in the face, though?

I've been punched in the face a few times. Generally as a result of me punching the other guy in the face first. It's very important to get in the first shot, I can't stress this enough. Every fight I've even been involved in as an adult was a result of too much booze and me being an idiot. Let that be a lesson to all you youngsters out there in TMO land. (Ringo -- I'm looking in your general direction, Come on Eileen indeed! [Frown] )
Louche
Carved TMO on her clit just to make you feel bad
 - posted      Profile for Louche           Edit/Delete Post 
Note: I am not actually asking for volunteers. More, um, musing.
Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
I've been punched in the face a few times. Generally as a result of me punching the other guy in the face first. It's very important to get in the first shot, I can't stress this enough.

I've heard that said before, and I can believe it. Has anyone else here ever smashed someone in the face as hard as they could? And if so, why?
Dr. Benway

yeah, and it really hurts your hand/wrist if you don't do it right. I've sprained my wrist from punching somebody in the face.

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

I'm enjoying a a montage right now that consists of Thorn against six assasins to the Beastie Boys sabotage, Ralph in a bar brawl to 'the good old boys' and finally someone giving birth to a healthy baby to Come on Eileen. It's good because it doesn't need to make any sense.

--------------------

Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
I've hit people pretty hard before. I had a fight with someone and I knocked them to the floor and kicked their nuts in. That felt quite good.

I had a fight with my Dad once, and he pushed me through a window. That didn't feel so good.

ralph

quote:
Has anyone else here ever smashed someone in the face as hard as they could?

Not as hard as I could, but pretty hard, not that I remember the events too clearly. It's mostly what I was told by friends after the fact. But it's hard to punch someone as hard as you can when you're drunk. I haven't struck another human being for many years now. Talking about the old days is making me feel a bit shit actually.
Roy
Mohammed the Gay Ninja
And the dog, ralph. You can't bury that memory in your back yard, buddy.
Bandy
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

- posted      Profile for Bandy           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. I once called my dad a prick then locked myself in the downstairs toilet.I was 8 and he'd just cheated at cricket.

--------------------
Shameless Promotion: huddle - online project and document collaboration

ralph

quote:
Originally posted by Roy:
And the dog, ralph. You can't bury that memory in your back yard, buddy.

Obviously. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a dead dog from Manchester UK to the hills of western Massachusetts?

[ 16.03.2006, 11:58: Message edited by: ralph ]

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post 
Not since I was a youngun. I did once crak some kid in the face though, bust his nose open a goodun. I must have been all of ten years old. The 'fight' was over before it began really. I was walking along carrying a football with both hands, and as he walked past me he hit the bottom of the football so it flew out of my hands. I don't think I intended to wound the kid so badly but I basically waked up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned round I smacked him in the face as hard as I could. He ran crying to the nurse, leaving a trail of bloody spots on the floor behind him.

I was so terrified of what was going to happen to me that I cried for like an hour afterwards.

Dr. Benway

aww. My dad and I had a couple of fights, but I was a difficult teenager to say the least. I did think he was going to actually kill me once though, which is probably one of those things that I won't fully get over until he's dead or something.

[ 16.03.2006, 11:59: Message edited by: Dr. Benway ]

--------------------
I have shit on you, son

New Way Of Decay

I hit someone at a party. For taking the piss out of me non stop for an hour. I asked him politely to stop twice. Strangely. The same thing happened again with exactly the same person, like as if it never happened. This wasn't like a dinner party or anything. It was like one of those parties where someone passes out on the patio or puts immac in the shampoo.

--------------------

New Way Of Decay

Come on TMO ladies, one of you must have had a pop at someone near some mud at one point at least.

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages: 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+